Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiReFTW

He has been disappointing for Brazil. Ordinary to say the least. He would be an upgrade over the current Pedro for sure, although for the money we'll end up paying, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Ordinary? Really? Now tell me the truth do you watch brazilian friendly games? He has not been ordinary, he has been very good, perhaps he had a few matches where he wasn't great but seriously what do you expect, he is 20 ffs, how many bad matches did Messi have with Argentina when he was his age? A little more faith wouldn't hurt, anyway... he is coming almost certainly whether we like it or not, so best hope he doesn't flop.

FiReFTW

Alexis is fast and knows how to dribble. We told him not to, though, because the focus of the team has been possession-football, and when you dribble you're likely to lose the ball. If tactics doesn't change we will school Neymar in the same way for sure.

I dare you to watch this vid :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJYQ8zGGJgs

Alexis is fast and agile but really lacks the control and technical ability to dribble in tight spaces and throw defenders out of play, alltho he is not a bad dribbler, but not good enough to open up defendes which barca must face regularly. Alltho Neymar most of the times does not face such defences he has proven from time to time when surrounded by players that he can wiggle his way out of tight spaces with great technical ability and control and even throw them out of play.
He is imo exactly a player we need, fast, agile, technical, great ball control, can dribble, strong shot from long range, accurate and deadly finishing, good passer, showing good playmasking ability, strong with both feet, can play left, right, center.
Now of course he can flop, every single player can flop, nobody is certain, even Ronaldinho alltho not floping had much more potential that he achieved due to partying and not taking it seriously.
But there is no doubt that he has tremendous potential, you can't deny that when watching him play, besides it seems like he will certainly come so we can just hope for the best now regardless.

Stric

My biggest concern regarding his transfer to Barcelona is - what is his supposed role? Whose replacement is he?

If we're planning to stick him on the right wing, then I'm OK with it. Although I'd prefer a left-footed player for that role. Anyway, that would mean he's being brought in as an alternative to Pedro / Sanchez, which I think would probably be an upgrade. If he turns out to be any good in Europe, he'll be fine in that role, even if he doesn't score much. If that's his role, then fine. If he's coming in to replace Villa, then I'm very worried. To me it's a completely different situation. Not in terms of which side of the pitch he's physically positioned at (Pedro and Villa have recently switched wings, anyway), but which player he's being brought in to replace. Right now, Pedro and Alexis are there just to have someone on the wing. We don't really rely on them for much. I could live with Neymar taking up that spot, and possibly improving it if he turns out to be good. Villa, on the other hand, is our goalscorer, our striker, our only real scorer other than Messi. I don't trust Neymar with taking over that role. Not as a direct replacement. We need to have one proven goalscorer next to Messi.

That's why I'm fine with a situation such as: Villa/other striker - Messi - Neymar, but not Neymar - Messi - Pedro/Sanchez. If Villa leaves and Sanchez stays, and we only get Neymar, we're screwed. That would be a downgrade. If both Villa and Sanchez leave and we only get Neymar, we're screwed again. IMHO, Neymar's transfer will only make sense either if Villa stays, or if we get another proven striker along with him. He cannot be Villa's replacement. Only Pedro's / Sanchez's.

Having said that, the most logical thing would be not to buy him. But it's apparently a done deal, so we're all already destined to overanalyze it in our minds.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

He is going to be a fucking disaster at Barca. Please Madrid buy him. I would take Higuain over Neymar anyday. Higuain is available-he is experienced and cheap.

fcbdna

Banned
Because they are all sheep to the Nike Hype Machine.

No! its because we give credit to whom it is due. . . . Sanchez stand at one point, does a couple of immobile fruitless step overs and passes back to the midfield. Neymar moves and tries to beat his maker. Your call who is better?

Last edited:
B

Bob88

Robinho says hi.

Fernando Gago also

I remember in those days, when I used to believe in that stupid hype from newspapers, I was so sad that Real bought "2 best footballers" in the world
At least newspapers were saying that they are 2 greatest future superstars in the world

They were both crap/average, luckily

From those hyped players like Robinho or Neymarinho, probably 1 out of 5 turns out to be a decent/success

** Neymar will not be one of those

FiReFTW

Fernando Gago also

I remember in those days, when I used to believe in that stupid hype from newspapers, I was so sad that Real bought "2 best footballers" in the world
At least newspapers were saying that they are 2 greatest future superstars in the world

They were both crap/average, luckily

From those hyped players like Robinho or Neymarinho, probably 1 out of 5 turns out to be a decent/success

** Neymar will not be one of those

We can buy hummels too and he can end up being a flop aswell, even if he is proven in europe. There were plenty of players who went from european clubs aswell that ended up as big flops, afterall did you forget about some of our past transfers like chygrinsky or hleb.. i can count alot of them. So I really don't see your point, that someone might be a flop.

Doobs

The Messiah
Ordinary? Really? Now tell me the truth do you watch brazilian friendly games? He has not been ordinary, he has been very good, perhaps he had a few matches where he wasn't great but seriously what do you expect, he is 20 ffs, how many bad matches did Messi have with Argentina when he was his age? A little more faith wouldn't hurt, anyway... he is coming almost certainly whether we like it or not, so best hope he doesn't flop.

So he's the next Pele in Brazil when he's tearing apart poor players, but when he goes for international games and fails to impress, "he's only 20 ffs". Yeah seen this all too often.

EDIT: I'd also like to add, I think Erik Lamela has been more impressive than him.

Last edited:

fcbdna

Banned
Tried and tested in Europe. . Flopped in Barcelona:

Mark Hughes
Overmars
Zambrotta
Saviola
Quaresma
Mendieta
Petit
Anderson
Santi Ezquerro
Demetrio Albertini
Patrik Andersson
Gudjohnsen
Bogarde
Hleb
Christophe Dugarry
Van Bommel
One and only Ibrahimovic

Theres this Italian defender i can't remember that was supposed to be the new Maldindi. . . . .

Last edited:

fcbdna

Banned
So he's the next Pele in Brazil when he's tearing apart poor players, but when he goes for international games and fails to impress, "he's only 20 ffs". Yeah seen this all too often.

EDIT: I'd also like to add, I think Erik Lamela has been more impressive than him.

We are still thinking about where Cesc will fit in a here's mention of yet another midfielder. . . . A mediocre one who only knows how to run with the ball and take the ball forward. We need a winger sorry.

khaled_a_d

Tried and tested in Europe. . Flopped in Barcelona:

Mark Hughes
Overmars
Zambrotta
Saviola
Quaresma
Mendieta
Petit
Anderson
Santi Ezquerro
Demetrio Albertini
Patrik Andersson
Gudjohnsen
Bogarde
Hleb
Christophe Dugarry
Van Bommel
One and only Ibrahimovic

Theres this Italian defender i can't remember that was supposed to be the new Maldindi. . . . .
Saviola wasn't tested in Europe ,Barca was his first club in Europe
Also I don't think Overmars has floped ,he played in a bad team but I always liked his game here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans