Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

I think Neymar and Messi are fenomenal players, the best players in their position as of now but both have yet to do something for both Argentina and Brazil.

j0ccW.gif

Chainsaw

Killahead
At his generation he was the best that is the reason he won the player of the century award.

He only won that award because FIFA didn't want to give it to Maradona, that's why they invented a nonsense irrelevant 'FIFA internet vote' award which Maradona won to cool down much controversies regarding their decision to give the actual award to Pele. Maradona didn't even finish second in that award ffs!

Hard to expect an organization to be in good leagues with someone who called their current and ex presidents 'Mafius' on numerous occasions. For Pele, he can get that award and shove it up where the sun never shines. FIFA puppet!

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
so has this thread taken the "most facepalm worthy posts per page" title from the Cesc thread? (which took it from the Zlatan thread) ... cuz reading some of the stuff posted earlier is just "facepalm" worthy. Where is Yusuf when you need him?

some thoughts:

1. Pele won the player of the century award because FIFA created the award and handed it to him.
2. Neymar at the age of 20, is not better than Messi is now at 24. Messi, or D105 as he is more commonly referred to, at the age of 20 (soooo from June 2007 to June 2008) scored 18 goals and had 13 assists in 41 appearances for an FCB team that was in transition (1). In comparison for that year, Samuel Eto'o scored 18 goals and dished out 3 assists in 30 appearances (2), Thierry Henry scored 18 goals and dished 11 assists in 45 appearances (3), Bojan scored 11 goals and had 4 assists in 43 appearances (4), and Fat Ronaldinho scored 9 goals and 5 assists in 22 appearances (5).

soooooooooooooooo ... if you're telling me that Neymar could have gone to a similarly "in transition" team (which at the time was really a full blown crisis) and scored 16 goals and dished out 13 assists after missing a few weeks with ankle issue (or something that had him out for a few weeks) I'd say you're either delusional, a Neymar fanboy, Pele, or Royson Drenthe.

drop this Neymar vs Leo crap. it's more insulting than the idiots who think Cristiano is just as good as Leo.

Sources:
1. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/45843/lionel-messi?cc=5901
2. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/11718/samuel-eto'o?cc=5901
3. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/8039/thierry-henry?cc=5901
4. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/92802/bojan-krkic?cc=5901
5. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/20128/ronaldinho?cc=5901

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
so has this thread taken the "most facepalm worthy posts per page" title from the Cesc thread? (which took it from the Zlatan thread) ... cuz reading some of the stuff posted earlier is just "facepalm" worthy. Where is Yusuf when you need him?

some thoughts:

1. Pele won the player of the century award because FIFA created the award and handed it to him.
2. Neymar at the age of 20, is not better than Messi is now at 24. Messi, or D105 as he is more commonly referred to, at the age of 20 (soooo from June 2007 to June 2008) scored 18 goals and had 13 assists in 41 appearances for an FCB team that was in transition (1). In comparison for that year, Samuel Eto'o scored 18 goals and dished out 3 assists in 30 appearances (2), Thierry Henry scored 18 goals and dished 11 assists in 45 appearances (3), Bojan scored 11 goals and had 4 assists in 43 appearances (4), and Fat Ronaldinho scored 9 goals and 5 assists in 22 appearances (5).

soooooooooooooooo ... if you're telling me that Neymar could have gone to a similarly "in transition" team (which at the time was really a full blown crisis) and scored 16 goals and dished out 13 assists after missing a few weeks with ankle issue (or something that had him out for a few weeks) I'd say you're either delusional, a Neymar fanboy, Pele, or Royson Drenthe.

drop this Neymar vs Leo crap. it's more insulting than the idiots who think Cristiano is just as good as Leo.

Sources:
1. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/45843/lionel-messi?cc=5901
2. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/11718/samuel-eto'o?cc=5901
3. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/8039/thierry-henry?cc=5901
4. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/92802/bojan-krkic?cc=5901
5. - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/20128/ronaldinho?cc=5901
Pele.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If there is one person that wants to destroy this kid, it's that f#cking old f@rt, Pele. All this Messi/Neymar thing was started from his disgustingly desperate attempts to belittle an already too awesome Lionel Messi by throwing a 19 year old kid mercilessly into this, he probably never lost the chance to give him his fatherly advise on how he can surpass Leo Messi in blink of an eye and how Messi, potentially the best player that has ever kicked a ball, is nothing special for him. Not a single 19/20 year old kid should be exposed to such stuff. this kind of pressure and mentality can crush any young player, hell it is even blowing the mind of an already great established player in CR, I hope he will be able to keep his mind clear of that. I hope all he saw in the CWC has shaken him out of all the bullshit that goes around him. he has the potential to become a gem, but with this kind of pressure it will not be easily possible at all...

truth

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I would take messi if it was a team with barcas playstyle, controlling the ball on the offensive field with lots of passing and i would take neymar if it was a counter-attack team.
Do you understand that MEssi got infinite speed, acceleration and a knack for pass!? He would thrive in a counter attacking system, believe me!!

You may call me dumb but I played soccer for many years at a level you can't imagine, I know my shit, but we're not talking about me.
It's okay. You can tell. We have international footballers, managers making dumbass statements!!
No body is going to call you dumb. It's an opinion, that's all. May be you're right after all, experience speaks!!

DennyCrane

Yeah, that comment was super douchey and irrelevant.

You refer to my comment ? Irrelevant yes, but douchy ?

Anyway, back to topic.

Neymar is a talented player, no doubt about that. But I don't like his personality one bit. His flashy but endless stepovers, rainbow flicks etc. don't add anything useful to the game. Furthermore, he shows a clear lack of respect for his opponents. His constant diving and bitching is unbearable sometimes and will bite him in the rear at the end because it distracts from his obvious talent. Anyway, I don't want such a behaviour to be viewed as part of Barcas philosophy.
The most useful trait a player can have for us - his passing - is underdeveloped compared to the La Masia players. If he comes to our club I'll accept him instantly but over time he has to change - a lot. And he'd need time for that, he shouldn't be a starter in that development phase. But one can't bench a 60 million signing, right ? It's a dilemma.

What bothers me more is that this signing smells like a marketing scheme, as many other posters have stated: Sign Neymar - Sell jerseys - Money made - Rosell wins

A signing should be based on purely athletic reasons imo but that seems to be wishful thinking these days.

B

barcelonista

Beckham was never regarded as one of the world's best players [by anyone reputable].

World Player Of The Year runner up. Nevertheless, I called him a "walking billboard" and not one of the world's best players, did I not? So what does your post have to do with mine?

Beckham was never regarded as one of the world's best players [by anyone reputable].

Neither is Neymar.

He was primarily there to sell shirts as a galactico.

So is Neymar.

And of course Götze would be more like Ronaldinho

Where did I say he is like Ronaldinho in his playing style? I said he is a real gem. Like Ronaldinho was a real gem. Learn to read and comprehend.

who by the way was a very flashy player that did "douchy rainblow flicks"!

No. Ronaldinho did flicks. Neymar does douchy flicks. Again: reading and comprehending.

heaver

guys, if you start a number discussion, I swear I give up trying to make a point...Ur like those americans that dont really care about the player itself in any sport...all that matters is number, is averages, is numbers of this, numbers of that...can't u look at what the player does and have your own opinion? how many santos games have u guys watched recently? I'd much rather watch derrick rose play than kobe or lebron for instance, because they bring the skill to the basketball.

u guys can watch santos games on wizwig or http://www.naredetv.net

Santos is playing tonight in 2 hours on libertadores, watch him play and have your own ideas instead of just watching youtube shit and let others think for you...(watch him play really bad on this match lmao)

Wouterinho

I am not saying that he is bad bro, much the opposite.
I'm just saying that barcelonas team is so good that some people even think like dani alves and abidal are great...also with real, di maria is nothing much really, do you watch all argentina's games, cuz I do. I watch dani alves in all of brazil's games, i watched him when he played in brazil. I wouldnt put those guys in my teams even if you paid me. Of course a tremendous player like messi in a team that's so stable and so mature will rape, destroy. But in my eyes he still has a lot to prove on the national level, which as I said, is what I care about the most.

I could be like some douchebags and uneducated people in this thread and be sarcastic like.
Yeah Messi is the best player evah omgomg, those 3 world cups he won by himself talk for themselves, oh wait..
Neymar is a GOD omgomg, he can humiliate anyone, those 3 world cups...........

But no, I am being straight up with my opinions...
I think Neymar and Messi are fenomenal players, the best players in their position as of now but both have yet to do something for both Argentina and Brazil.

I'd stay and discuss but i gotta go to work (I'm a soccer coach :|) pz
Alves and Abidal are great, if you can't see that...you're the one who'se missing a certain form of 'football intelligence'.
And calling Neymar the best player at his position... I think he has to show what he can do in Europe before you can say this. However, he is a very big talent.

Trickykid

guys, if you start a number discussion, I swear I give up trying to make a point...Ur like those americans that dont really care about the player itself in any sport...all that matters is number, is averages, is numbers of this, numbers of that...can't u look at what the player does and have your own opinion? how many santos games have u guys watched recently? I'd much rather watch derrick rose play than kobe or lebron for instance, because they bring the skill to the basketball.

Santos is playing tonight in 2 hours on libertadores, watch him play and have your own ideas instead of just watching youtube shit and let others think for you...(watch him play really bad on this match lmao)

You need to back up your awesomeness with a few casual remarks on your illustrious footballing career, splendid and innovative coaching and how we know nothing, as we haven't seen x and y play in real life on stadium during the early 1920'ies, as you have. You, good sir, is all a human being can ever aspire to be!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

He calls football soccer... and then accuses us that we're like Americans :facepalm:

heaver

He calls football soccer... and then accuses us that we're like Americans :facepalm:
I came to the us to coach...been living in new york for the past 4 years....I learned british english (football) but having come here, i barely say football anymore...and yeah i live here in america so i can say bad stuff about them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans