Nico Gonzalez

Porque

The big winner of this brief Sergi cameo.

Ok, Koeman gave the first start against Rayo, but you have to feel that Koeman would have returned Nico to the bench when Frenkie returned and had Dest at RW and Gavi in CM these last few games.

Let's see how Xavi sees it now, with Pedri returning and him wanting proper widemen so presumebly Gavi will be back to being a midfield option.

JamDav1982

The big winner of this brief Sergi cameo.

Ok, Koeman gave the first start against Rayo, but you have to feel that Koeman would have returned Nico to the bench when Frenkie returned and had Dest at RW and Gavi in CM these last few games.

Let's see how Xavi sees it now, with Pedri returning and him wanting proper widemen so presumebly Gavi will be back to being a midfield option.

Rayo was not his first start he had started twice prior to that and Dest has been injured.

Most likely the team today is exactly as would have been under Koeman would think.

He has not been introduced by Sergi.

iniestaGOAT

Nico might be the one with most potential out of all the midfielders. I thought all hope was lost for him after the fuck up game and koeman calling him out.

Should move thread to main players forum.

khaled_a_d

Pretty sure he will end up at DM, he looks a bit too heavy for CM. Not that we tried him there yet with Busquets still around, so it's anyone's guess how he will look there for the A team compared to his recent performances. The way he turns with the ball gives me a lot of hope - not that it would be a bad thing if he ends up in central midfield, but if he succeeds in Busi's position that would help the team/squad the most.

Unlike to what Busi made us to believe, I don't think heavier midfielder should be played as DM. I would argue it should be the opposite.
The likes of Kante, Casamero, Gattuso, Davids were all very relentless runners.
If anything, I would say being heavy will be the reason he will never be DM here, it takes a special player to be able to play that position when he is slow

serghei

Unlike to what Busi made us to believe, I don't think heavier midfielder should be played as DM. I would argue it should be the opposite.
The likes of Kante, Casamero, Gattuso, Davids were all very relentless runners.
If anything, I would say being heavy will be the reason he will never be DM here, it takes a special player to be able to play that position when he is slow

Depends on his speed IMO. So far, it's been inconsistent, games where he looks quick for his size, games where he looks ponderous and slow. But he seems more like a box-to-box, the big issue is many of our players who look box to box-ish can't shoot to save their life which is a big problem for players that get themselves in good shooting positions.

If I were Xavi, I'd put them all in extensive shooting drills. Smash that thing in until you get it right. Give homework assignment to all of De Jong, Gavi and Nico. Each should shoot at least twice in each game when in space from 16-20m range :lol:. Whoever skies more shots, does 30 pushups.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Depends on his speed IMO. So far, it's been inconsistent, games where he looks quick for his size, games where he looks ponderous and slow. But he seems more like a box-to-box, the big issue is many of our players who look box to box-ish can't shoot to save their life which is a big problem for players that get themselves in good shooting positions.

If I were Xavi, I'd put them all in extensive shooting drills. Smash that thing in until you get it right. Give homework assignment to all of De Jong, Gavi and Nico. Each should shoot at least twice in each game when in space from 16-20m range :lol:. Whoever skies more shots, does 30 pushups.

Yes and make them practice shooting with their weaker foot as well.

ajnotkeith

2nd game now that he asked to get subbed off because he's tired. That is a very serious problem in the club's physical preparation, not even the youngsters can play 90 minutes. We say it over and over again on here but I think this is actually a case where the fans know more than the board obviously, 6 players get injured every game and young players can barely last 60 minutes

khaled_a_d

2nd game now that he asked to get subbed off because he's tired. That is a very serious problem in the club's physical preparation, not even the youngsters can play 90 minutes. We say it over and over again on here but I think this is actually a case where the fans know more than the board obviously, 6 players get injured every game and young players can barely last 60 minutes

Not tired, it is a muscle strain actually.

Nico Gonzalez has a left groin strain and won't be joining up with the Spanish U-21s either.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/foot...-garcia-and-nico-gonzalez-have-muscle-strains

Home of Barca Fans