Nico Gonzalez

ajnotkeith

his last start was vs Napoli at home and he played well.

I think it's obvious at this point that he is bad when subbed on (for now)

He plays better as a starter where he can impose his game more, but also struggles a bit with 90 mins, so is in an awkward spot.

Bobo32

He plays better as a starter where he can impose his game more, but also struggles a bit with 90 mins, so is in an awkward spot.

I don't know about that, didn't notice the difference.
He likes space, and needs space to turn into. He is playing a bit too much on intuition for my liking while his intuition isn't close to perfect. He too often turns into pressure or fails to notice the right continuation, but I like some of the basics with him, and he really has a good sense for the dribbling.

BerkeleyBernie

Picks up a yellow card every 204 minutes. He has the 2nd highest yellow-to-minutes-played ratio on the team of the 16 players who've played at least 500 minutes this season. Only Abde (with 582 minutes and 4 yellows) has a higher ratio than Nico (1019 minutes and 5 yellows).

He's a second half enforcer.

yellows.jpg

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/65/Show/Spain-Barcelona

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 2.29.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 2.29.21 PM.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ajnotkeith

I don't know about that, didn't notice the difference.
He likes space, and needs space to turn into. He is playing a bit too much on intuition for my liking while his intuition isn't close to perfect. He too often turns into pressure or fails to notice the right continuation, but I like some of the basics with him, and he really has a good sense for the dribbling.
Yes I agree, it seems like sometimes when he turns he's just 'guessing' the space is there, if that makes sense?

As a defender it's really hard to defend dribblers that use their body well and that make a lot of turns and spins, so most of the time when he does that it's successful, but it could burn you if you turn without knowing where the spaces are.

ajnotkeith

Picks up a yellow card every 204 minutes. He has the 2nd highest yellow-to-minutes-played ratio on the team of the 16 players who've played at least 500 minutes this season. Only Abde (with 582 minutes and 4 yellows) has a higher ratio than Nico (1019 minutes and 5 yellows).

He's a second half enforcer.

View attachment 9346

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/65/Show/Spain-Barcelona
Tbh I think that's just poor discipline more than anything. Reminds me of Gavi in his first months in the first-team where he would get a yellow every game making dumb challenges that weren't worth it.

ajnotkeith

Bad performance aside, it is utterly infuriating to see a player jogging back when we could be about to concede. I don't know what happened with Dest in that play but we could have conceded there because of that.

No intensity today at all. Reminds me of his first month's in the team.

Andresito

Staff member
Mendes is his new agent.

Can see him getting loaned out next season with Kessie arriving. Needs consistent playing time as has been shown when he gets subbed on. Usually grows into the game as starter, but needs time to influence a game.

JamDav1982

Loaned or sold is definitely on the cards now.

Can see the midfield 6 being Busquets/FDJ/Pedri/Gavi/Kessie and Torre being B team option for 6th mid and 6th attacker.

There was already rumours that his father wants him to leave due to depth of Barcas midfield and fact they are trying to sign midfielders.

Home of Barca Fans