Nico Gonzalez

Messi983

Loan. I wouldn't want to sell him. I want at least option to get him back.

If Kessie is really a done deal and Gavi renews then making a loan swap between Nico and Adama for another season wouldn't be the worst idea. Both Nico and Adama would of course need to renew contracts with their respective clubs before that as they are expiring in 2023.

Assuming Wolves actually want Nico and would give him minutes. He's not Portuguese (close to that being a Galician though) so not sure if they are really interested but Mendes could make it happen.

Adama is doing better than I expected so far but still not crazy about paying 30m and give him a longterm contract. Even if it would be a swap for Trincao would still rather take that money and use it otherwise. Prefer to buy Raphinha if Leeds get relegated (or maybe even Salah if really available and with reasonable wage demands) but Adama could be kept around as a bench option for another season as he's clearly better than likes of Abde or Jutgla. And then we can maybe get that Brazilian kid we have first option on either next January or in summer 2023.

Zidane82

If Kessie is really a done deal and Gavi renews then making a loan swap between Nico and Adama for another season wouldn't be the worst idea. Both Nico and Adama would of course need to renew contracts with their respective clubs before that as they are expiring in 2023.

Assuming Wolves actually want Nico and would give him minutes. He's not Portuguese (close to that being a Galician though) so not sure if they are really interested but Mendes could make it happen.

Adama is doing better than I expected so far but still not crazy about paying 30m and give him a longterm contract. Even if it would be a swap for Trincao would still rather take that money and use it otherwise. Prefer to buy Raphinha if Leeds get relegated (or maybe even Salah if really available and with reasonable wage demands) but Adama could be kept around as a bench option for another season as he's clearly better than likes of Abde or Jutgla. And then we can maybe get that Brazilian kid we have first option on either next January or in summer 2023.

I think Adama was only ever short term ., he is an impact player but defences soon get used to him plus he never seems to progress sadly

I much prefer we get Trincao back permanently

Messi983

I think Adama was only ever short term ., he is an impact player but defences soon get used to him plus he never seems to progress sadly

I much prefer we get Trincao back permanently

Me too but I think Laporta has already written Trincao off as another one of Bartomeu's flops. Which is unfair imo as he never got a real chance with Koeman's (mis)management of his bench players. Hopefully he'll at least get a preseason to convince Xavi. Yeah, he's raw but I still see a lot of potential in him.

Andresito

Staff member
Nico has a contract until 2024, so we're 'safe' for another season before having to renew or sell him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mendes is his new agent.

Can see him getting loaned out next season with Kessie arriving. Needs consistent playing time as has been shown when he gets subbed on. Usually grows into the game as starter, but needs time to influence a game.

A loan would be good for him. He has a very high ceiling but a lower floor than Gavi, Pedri and could be the type of guy that need 2-3 years to get there.

What I'm saying is that he's raw as a prospect and won't start for any top team in the world right now or anytime soon IMO, but he has the potential for that easily.

If I'm a player I'd want Mendes or Raiola as my agent anyway if they are recruiting me. They are the best of the best.

JamDav1982

He came on to nail Camavinga.

Couple mins prior Camavinga hacks down Busi and Bernanbeu clapped him for it.

Nico came on a few mins later and fucking battered into him 3 times in short space of time.

These Barca youngsters have a bit about them!

Richard.H

Nico came on a few mins later and fucking battered into him 3 times in short space of time.

It's very refreshing to see youngsters with fire like Gavi and Nico instead of the very soft la masia products we saw from 15-20

jamrock

If you come on in trash time, best thing you can do is at least let your presence be felt, literally... Lol

FinBarcelonafan

Good. We need to be tougher on our opponent if they want to trash us, like Bayern 8-2 game. At least batter them good.. within the rules of course.

Messi era we would give up and do nothing.

Real would break our legs if we score more goals. Smart from Xavi to calm it down.

Home of Barca Fans