Nico Gonzalez

utility73

He just does not seem to have the necessary potential … Both Gavi and Pedri are at least a league above him.

Raketa10

He needs to go on loan next season. He has potential but he needs to play every single game. With Pedri, Gavi, Kessie, Busie and De Jong here he will get only garbage time. He is physically strong so any mid table Spanish team should be a good choice.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

He just does not seem to have the necessary potential ? Both Gavi and Pedri are at least a league above him.

Don't think that was ever in question (at least for me).

Nico (and Balde as well) is someone you can see develop into a good player, but he's not waltzing in like Pedri or Gavi and make the world his own.

pregra

Slowest and least mobile youngster of all time. Doesnt have any particular strengths in his play either. Get rid asap, will never be good enough

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Slowest and least mobile youngster of all time. Doesnt have any particular strengths in his play either. Get rid asap, will never be good enough

Dumb post. He has obvious strengths such as dribbling, an eye for a key pass, press resistance, ability to create space for himself. Had several games for us already in which he was arguably the best player. Far from ready though and probably needs to go out on loan.

ajnotkeith

Dumb post. He has obvious strengths such as dribbling, an eye for a key pass, press resistance, ability to create space for himself. Had several games for us already in which he was arguably the best player. Far from ready though and probably needs to go out on loan.

You watched him in Juvenil and B right? Don't you agree he used to be much more mobile and agile than this? He's 20 years old but has the intensity of an old man.

He's 186 and almost 90kg. You can probably count on one hand the amount of midfielders in a first division with this weight. I'm certain this is what's holding him back from showing his qualities.

Right now, I have doubts if he'll even play for a mid table team due to that huge flaw.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
You watched him in Juvenil and B right? Don't you agree he used to be much more mobile and agile than this? He's 20 years old but has the intensity of an old man.

He's 186 and almost 90kg. You can probably count on one hand the amount of midfielders in a first division with this weight. I'm certain this is what's holding him back from showing his qualities.

Right now, I have doubts if he'll even play for a mid table team due to that huge flaw.

He had a growth spurt at Barca B and put on a lot of mass. For the first team, there were some games where he looked quick and agile, such as against Rayo, Alaves or Celta, and others where he looked heavy. Has not been good lately, true. Looks clumsy. I said earlier that he is not used to his new body.

But yeah, it looks like he does need to lose some kgs. For comparison, Rodri is 1,91m and weighs 82 kg. Nico is 188 and 86kg. Where did you get 186 and 90 kg from? Maybe he put on even more. Coaching staff/nutriotionists should probably come up with a special diet for him.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

He had a growth spurt at Barca B and put on a lot of mass. For the first team, there were some games where he looked quick and agile, such as against Rayo, Alaves or Celta, and others where he looked heavy. Has not been good lately, true. Looks clumsy. I said earlier that he is not used to his new body.

But yeah, it looks like he does need to lose some kgs. For comparison, Rodri is 1,89m and weighs 82 kg. Nico is 188 and 86kg. Where did you get 186 and 90 kg from? Maybe he put on even more. Coaching staff/nutriotionists should probably come up with a special diet for him.

Good point and btw especially Rodri looked like he lost weight and started playing on much higher level. Didn't rate him at all before his last off-season transformation. Cutting few kilos and improving fitness would help him a lot, just like Rodri.

Home of Barca Fans