Nico Gonzalez

serghei

De Jong, Busi, Pedri, Gavi, Kessie and Nico. Perfect 6 midfielders imo.

The engine - Frenkie
The brain - Busi
The technical dribblers - Pedri and Gavi
The tanks - Kessie and Nico.

serghei

Serghei gave up on his boy that easy?

I trust Xavi. If Xavi says he has to go, he has to go. As far as midfielders are concerned, he's more qualified than anyone.

Besides, since the summer Gavi took over.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
De Jong, Busi, Pedri, Gavi, Kessie and Nico. Perfect 6 midfielders imo.

The engine - Frenkie
The brain - Busi
The technical dribblers - Pedri and Gavi
The tanks - Kessie and Nico.

Do we really need 6 midfielders? IMO it should be ok with 5. Then we have Torre who can play there in case of emergency.

Or keep Puig as mascot. That 6th midfielder will see very few minutes. Would rather loan out Nico as he's in need of minutes badly.

serghei

He roughly played the same amount of minutes as Fede Valverde.

Thought that was interesting. That's all.

Pretty good for Nico. Valverde was touted as the next best thing since sliced bread by some Madrid fans, but stagnated in the last 2 years or so. Probably a better player than Nico so far though, although Nico could become better as he's younger.

Andresito

Staff member
Valverde was a player I really would've wanted at Barca when he came through. Amount of minutes says more about Valverde than Nico though. I think Valverde should play a lot more, especially with that ancient midfield Ancelotti is so in love with.

Catta

Its surprising that they have similar minutes played this season. Without checking the stats I would have thought that Nico played double the minutes of Valverde.

TheStig

I think Nico is more technical + he has a strong body so he has a higher cieling but right now Valverde is better.

mc_lovin

Fede is fairly limited in my opinion. He makes great runs and adds a ton of energy but that's it. I rate Camavinga a lot higher and have a hard time seeing both of them+a DM be their long-term midfield post KCM. They would do well to get a creative player like Wirtz.

Oh, Valverde has a wicked shot as well.

Home of Barca Fans