Nico Williams

Porque

Reminder to people that if Valverde never crouched inspiredly and decided to convert Nico to LW, that none of this would have happened.

Ernesto Valverde is the true winner of Spains Euro2024.

Birdy

Seems they take turns with Lamine on who has the better game.
Lamine's turn was in the SF, Nico's was today.
If you look back in the previous games, it was similar

Let's hope at Barca they will both turn up in the SAME games

Horatio

You're welcome
I am confused dawgs.

Lamine is 4x better on ball than him.

Before his goal he fumbled with ball, got dispossessed, and spammed the backpasses. Don’t think he beat opponent once during first 30 min and he gets on ball a lot.

Whatever…

Had good euro’s though. But getting hyped as hell

BJJ

My issue with Nico is his ceiling. I don't think he will het substantially better. If you're buying a young player, you want to see that there is room to grow and get even better. I don't get that vibe. He also seems pretty one dimensional. We should not be paying big money for him only for him to turn out to be Ferran 2.0

Porque

Well on the other side was Saka, who many agree is a better leftback than Lamine.

But remove the EPL and Arsenal tax, and did he look anything more than Nico this tournament? Everytime I see him he looks like Sterling 2.0 without the streaky goalscoring phases.

Back to Nico, he is not world class individually, but he has pace, has proven he can be productive even if he is peripheral to the game and most importantly is a very good system winger.

He's worth 50m in the current market even if it stings as he was on a free. Personally I would see if we could use him as the proof of concept and see if there are other high potential alternatives if finances are a little shaky.

But if it's Nico or Luis Diaz, then get Nico.

jamrock

It would take some excellent scouting to find a better winger than him for 60m euros, especially in today's market, that's basically 30m.

I'm sure they're out there, but we can't afford to miss, so we should spend the money and just secure him, he's 22, so he'll have resale value, if he doesn't work out.

Maradona37

Well on the other side was Saka, who many agree is a better leftback than Lamine.

But remove the EPL and Arsenal tax, and did he look anything more than Nico this tournament? Everytime I see him he looks like Sterling 2.0 without the streaky goalscoring phases.

Back to Nico, he is not world class individually, but he has pace, has proven he can be productive even if he is peripheral to the game and most importantly is a very good system winger.

He's worth 50m in the current market even if it stings as he was on a free. Personally I would see if we could use him as the proof of concept and see if there are other high potential alternatives if finances are a little shaky.

But if it's Nico or Luis Diaz, then get Nico.
Saka is a good player, but nothing special. Like many in the England squad, he benefits from hype and the fame that comes with playing in the EPL.

Reactions: BJJ

jamrock

Saka is very good, better than Williams right now, but he's not better than Yamal, who is just another level of talent.

jamrock

If we could have done back in time and get Barcola that would have been the play, he's better than Williams IMO, but we only look forward.

Porque

How much is Desiree Doue getting touted for?

If we go down the talent road then he looks more talented. Of course Nico has proven he is mentally there with his games in LL against us/Madrid, Copa winner and now EC winnrr with key plays and goals.

Birdy

I am confused dawgs.

Lamine is 4x better on ball than him.

Before his goal he fumbled with ball, got dispossessed, and spammed the backpasses. Don’t think he beat opponent once during first 30 min and he gets on ball a lot.

Whatever…

Had good euro’s though. But getting hyped as hell

What turns you (and me sometimes) off is the easy backpass.
I think this can change with instruction and training from a good coach.
You see when he has his mind in dribbling/penetrating, how much more dangerous and effective he looks even in small space.
He doesn't lack technique to do that on regular basis many times per game

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How much is Desiree Doue getting touted for?

If we go down the talent road then he looks more talented. Of course Nico has proven he is mentally there with his games in LL against us/Madrid, Copa winner and now EC winnrr with key plays and goals.

30-40m and rumors of PSG getting involved soon :lol:

Horatio

You're welcome
What turns you (and me sometimes) off is the easy backpass.
I think this can change with instruction and training from a good coach.
You see when he has his mind in dribbling/penetrating, how much more dangerous and effective he looks even in small space.
He doesn't lack technique to do that on regular basis many times per game

What turns me off is the way he gets praised does not rhyme with the profile that he has.

If you praise him on pace, work ethic, positioning, defensive contribution, unselfhisness ocasionaly beating opponent and acting like utter class on pitch then I can fully get on board.

He was utter @ss against germany but barely got pointed out.

But he’s not technically very strong on ball(so I guess we differ on that)
But that’s what commentators try to make seem he is.
He gets played the ball a lot by team players but 7/8 nothing happens. Frequently looks clumsy. Lamine is almost the inverse of that. 7/8 creates danger. Nico’s game would look very different if he were.

50 min for pacey young forward like him seems fine though. I fully get thats bare minimum in todays market. I have said I can get behind it. I also did point out that I liked his assist number in la liga last season. I thought it was much less.

Home of Barca Fans