Nico Williams

FinBarcelonafan

My issue with Nico is his ceiling. I don't think he will het substantially better. If you're buying a young player, you want to see that there is room to grow and get even better. I don't get that vibe. He also seems pretty one dimensional. We should not be paying big money for him only for him to turn out to be Ferran 2.0
That's what people said one or two years ago. He improved a lot.

Birdy

What turns me off is the way he gets praised does not rhyme with the profile that he has.

If you praise him on pace, work ethic, positioning, defensive contribution, unselfhisness ocasionaly beating opponent and acting like utter class on pitch then I can fully get on board.

He was utter @ss against germany but barely got pointed out.

But he’s not technically very strong on ball(so I guess we differ on that)
But that’s what commentators try to make seem he is.
He gets played the ball a lot by team players but 7/8 nothing happens. Frequently looks clumsy. Lamine is almost the inverse of that. 7/8 creates danger. Nico’s game would look very different if he were.

50 min for pacey young forward like him seems fine though. I fully get thats bare minimum in todays market. I have said I can get behind it. I also did point out that I liked his assist number in la liga last season. I thought it was much less.

I think you exaggerate a lot with that 7/8
But in any case I don't think it's because of lack of ability, as we can see from the moments he does it.
It's lack of instruction, or opposite instruction

I am fairly confident Flikc will change that.
He wants a direct and dynamic play from his wingers, not much backpass and patient circulation around

Horatio

You're welcome
I think you exaggerate a lot with that 7/8
But in any case I don't think it's because of lack of ability, as we can see from the moments he does it.
It's lack of instruction, or opposite instruction

I am fairly confident Flikc will change that.
He wants a direct and dynamic play from his wingers, not much backpass and patient circulation around

Okay, but remember you called him 1 on 1 master?

You still feel like that after euro?

Birdy

Okay, but remember you called him 1 on 1 master?

You still feel like that after euro?

For instance:
This was one of his best games in the tournament

You can't really say he wasn't good at 1v1
Whenever he opted to go for it, he absolutely owned his marker
The question is how often he goes for it

PS: Look at someone like Raphina who is NOT good at 1-1 as counterexample.
It's not that he doesn't want to do it.
IT's that he can't

khaled_a_d

I am confused dawgs.

Lamine is 4x better on ball than him.

Before his goal he fumbled with ball, got dispossessed, and spammed the backpasses. Don’t think he beat opponent once during first 30 min and he gets on ball a lot.

Whatever…

Had good euro’s though. But getting hyped as hell

Walker is one of the best Fullbacks to put on a winger like him tbf, there isn't many of those atm.
Even then, Nico still was able to exploit plenty of space and put many troubles on him, although yeah, he didn't take on him.

How much is Desiree Doue getting touted for?

If we go down the talent road then he looks more talented. Of course Nico has proven he is mentally there with his games in LL against us/Madrid, Copa winner and now EC winnrr with key plays and goals.

Bayern, PSG & Chelsea are fighting for him, he might end up being more expensive than Nico tbh

Home of Barca Fans