Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
not use to the speed of the opposition is my guess, seville put the first team out there and without any support from a starter in the mid too much fell onto him to be the sweeper and in the 2nd half ran out of gas

jamrock

Promoted is the wrong word as they will still be playing mainly with barca atletic, they will be integrated into the first team

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
promoted would indicate a 1-25 number and from the first leg of the supercopa none of them had one.

shame, was hoping jona at least would get one, but we'll see I guess...

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I thought he looked pretty decent against Sevilla. Given the circumstances he stood up well, with more games he could certainly become very good.

ranjix

Jefecito
Barca didn't sign any backup for Busquets. So, I guess Romeu will be backup for Defensive Midfielder position.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Barca didn't sign any backup for Busquets. So, I guess Romeu will be backup for Defensive Midfielder position.

And I am guessing this does not bode well going forward, IMHO...Granted it was one match and against a motivated Sevilla side but he imposed little and merely underscored the need for a true DM of steel back there

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
“Oriol Romeu is very strong and doesn’t lose possession much. He’s a very complete player and makes good cover” - Busquets on Oriol Romeu

Barcafan 2304

And I am guessing this does not bode well going forward, IMHO...Granted it was one match and against a motivated Sevilla side but he imposed little and merely underscored the need for a true DM of steel back there

Think thats a bit unfair. Not his job to go forward, hence the DM position. Surrounded by players such as Xavi and Iniesta, he will have that pressure removed and can concentrate solely on his duties in the DM position.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Saw the Goal.com rumour earlier that Arsenal are thinking of snatching him away. Any news of this in Spain? Would be a shame to lose him, he's very talented IMO, obviously with Masch coming in though he ain't going to play much at all.

Home of Barca Fans