Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

jamrock

You're comparing two different transfer windows, so that's not a fair comparison.

We had busquets when we signed those two, given limited resources, signing a DM when we had busquets who the coach wanted wasn't a smart idea.

Zubi didn't want to come
Brozovic choose the money
We weren't interested in the whatever the Moroccan players name is.

Oriol was the 3/4th choice for 3m I'm not getting my panties in a twist, just hope he improves come to business end of the season and we get someone better in a year or two which was always the plan.

For big games the de jong--gavi/Gundogan double pivot will be more than good enough.

JamDav1982

Romeu is shite.

If Barca could afford Zubimendi or Brozovic then cant claim money being tight resulted in Romeu.

Busquets was done despite some a year ago thinking he was best mid in team.. it was clear Barca needed to get his replacement in place.

But aye he will have a 'good season' and folk who said team need a DM cant moan as 'club got one'.

FDJ is the best DM but you take away best player in team from his best position.

Pedri would be better than Gundo deep and Gundo has more about him in final third than Pedri currently.

On 'the Moroccan' Barca did want him and tried for him the previous January but Fiorentina wouldnt let him go.

But no one can moan as Romeu will be a good signing and club got a DM as folk wanted... top stuff.

JamDav1982

Yes they wanted him that January.

Better player than Romeu easily.

There are player for Barca that get praised to high heaven for the type of things Amrabat would have brought.

Been as well paying money for a young DM that could develop and go with that and players have than Romeu.

Co0ter

Ot u dumb?

Did you see how many important goals raphinna scored? Kounde played a vital role as well.

Yea lets not buy those guys and spend big on a DM instead, we definitely would have done the league.

Yea you're definitely dumb.
Kounde was mostly used as a makeshift RB who never looked comfortable there and didn't look good when actually played at CB. Raphinha had a few big goals but was ineffective and invisible 90% of the season.

Please tell me more about how vital Kounde and Raphinha were. They weren't. They were easily replaceable, not only by our youth or squad at the time, but by cheaper alternatives that were on the market. They were both struggling this preseason and have been this season as well. They must be vital right now too though, eh?

Busquets was already trash. We had no alternative. It was a problem. It was not addressed. Then they wasted all the money we had and panic bought Romeu, who is somehow worse.

Raphinha was barely an upgrade, if at all, over Dembele, Fati or Torres as RW. Meanwhile Busquets was an obvious, massive issue with no alternative brought in. Then this season, with no money, they bring in Romeu and you come up with this bogus excuse of a defense lmao.

If Dembele scored 2 goals additional goals all season and it got us a few points people would still of thought his overall play was garbage. Meanwhile Raphinha does it with a 55mil price tag on top and you're grasping for straws acting like he wasn't lost all game doing nothing other than failing to beat his man from the touchline per Xaviball shit tactics.

You calling anyone dumb is hilarious. You'll say any nonsense possible to not be wrong. When it's so obvious you are. Like I said, quit being a little man and admit the L.

New signings should attribute a lot to get credit for winning the league, not a few goals that are overshadowed by garbage performances one after another. The real credit should go to the players who earned it and most of all last season, Ter Stegen and lady luck.

Neeraj

I don't understand why Roberto isn't being played at DM. I don't mean right now I know he's injured but generally instead of Romeu . He isn't very good but can pretend to be a professional footballer against average teams which Romeu cannot.

If Roberto can't even fill in at DM where not much is asked of him in a team destroyed by injuries ...what's the point of having him in the squad?

Total-Football

Worst player I have ever seen in la liga perhaps. The recruitment department / system or whatever its are going to lead the club to bankruptcy.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In the end it's not player's fault he was signed and gets to play almost all the time.
Xavi is the one who decides.

Home of Barca Fans