Óscar Mingueza

Windhook

Bringing in Eric Garcia ended up his chances of a CB, a position which I believe Mingi is more efficient. He's average at best in RB position, Sergi Roberto level.

Birdy

His first season wasn't all that great. It was decent. What he had going for him was that it was his debut season for Barca and that is why people got hyped and hopeful about him. Issue now is is that he has not improved since then, possibly even regressed.

Not only decent. Good at defending, great at getting 1st on the ball - which is crucial for a team that wants to press high
PLUS good doing forward, not trickery of Dest and stuff, but good straight-forward overlapping runs at RB
Plus decent passing, even assists

This season he has been a shadow of himself from last season.
Who is responsible for his regress, I dunno

JamDav1982

Probably a better CB than RB but he has same issues at CB and would be totally exposed.

He basically cannot defend if asked to do anything but fly in full throttle to anything that moves. Positionally and decision making is terrible.

Nothing that is happening this season was not being pointed out before the season begun.

Teams have worked him out and he is poor defensively and very limited going forward as a RB.

Is decent on ball sometimes to play it early into midfield or over the top but that is about it.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He is average squad player that is targetred by teams.
As back up who plays once every 4 or 5 games he is acceptable player, but as a starter he is terrible.
Dest is clear at RB, far better player, Araujo and Eric are far better CB too.

xXKonan

Not been having a great season so far.

At RB I thought he would be a lot better but I've been wrong so far.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Should be made captain nonetheless. Imagine Busquets or Alba "confronting" Coutinho as this latest rumor suggested :lol:

Vladinho

Oscar Mingueza: ?From everything that is said, it seems that he is a sergeant and that nothing can be done. He has simply put a little order and discipline. These are rules that I already had in the youth team and in Bar?a B. It was strange to me that these rules weren't there.?

Yeah, this team needed Xavi and some proper discipline

Messigician

Oscar Mingueza: ?From everything that is said, it seems that he is a sergeant and that nothing can be done. He has simply put a little order and discipline. These are rules that I already had in the youth team and in Bar?a B. It was strange to me that these rules weren't there.?

Yeah, this team needed Xavi and some proper discipline

Kinda dumb professional adults need rules and handholding ngl

I wonder what the average IQ among footballers is

gregorrin10

Not very high, we always knew that. Big IQ is an anomaly, not the norm in that community. It's the same in the NBA. Once they get into that stage where they can pretty much afford anything, they kinda switch their brain off, just gliding through life, care free.

Bobo32

Don't think it's a question about IQ at all. I am pretty sure that a professional team will have higher than general average IQ, despite the room for obvious low-IQ players (for example as wingers).
They have a lot of money and fame and if they don't get clear boundaries there will be problems. The money and fame would fuck with anyones phsyche.

iniestaGOAT

Hes indreictly blaming the sernior players for walking all over koeman. Lets go mingueza thats the big balls the team is looking for.

Home of Barca Fans