Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

So now it's 100 mil or fuck off. The ball is in our court now.
Not entirely. It's now evident we need to get rid of this cat. Done and dusted at this club now. Taken the piss one time too many.

Let's not cut our nose off to spite our face. Better to be smart than play hardball. If we can get 75m for the cat then snap their hands off and run.

His stats for a winger at a top club are absolutely atrocious. Would sell him for 75m in a heartbeat.

Reckon even Sane would do better than him here, if could arrange a loan with option, wouldn't mind it. Not ideal, but could do a lot worse in such a sparse market.

Laplacian

I really like Sane's game, but he has problems with discipline, plus his salary is too high.
The most important thing is that the coach and the sporting board understand that we now need a classic fast, explosive winger who dominates in 1 vs 1 situations. Neither Felix nor Silva are suitable for this role.
Sane was great at City, at Bayern he has been a massive disappointment though. I don't know if I'd take him over Dembele.

Birdy

I fear it doesn't work like that in club's current financial situation. Looks like Dembele wants the move and there is nothing really you can do against it. If you don't give him his move now, he'll leave for free next summer. Won't extend his contract again for what Barca can offer him.

If PSG is wise, they offer 50M in a gentlemen's agreement and say: if we make that deal today or tomorrow is your choice. Laporta has to do what's best for the club and selling him for 50M is better than receiving 25M now or nothing next summer.

Sorry brother, but this is a beggar's logic that has hurt us so much until now.
No serious club would approach the issue like that.
It's either they respect our valuation of the player or they can F straight off.
That's what Spurs are currently doing with Kane, that's what PSG themselves are doing with Mbape with both having only one year left.

And, in particular, we have to play hard-ball with PSG, because of our past relations, and because of their predatory approaches. But above all, because it's the only way we can get the best out of the situation for our own interests.
If I am Laporta, I am not even picking up the phone tomorrow when Kelaifi calls.
Refuse to talk, make a statement that whoever is interest will have to pay the valid release clause that is 100m now.
PSG themselves have a lot to lose if they are forced to deposit the clause in a bank cheque.
It fucks them up in their books (not they are not able to do it, since they will invent shady financial doping injections). They want to negotiate because if they pay even 130m in installments is better for their books than paying a 100m clause
The ball is in our court to at least fleece them and give them a lesson they cannot fuck with us

Givenchy

Sorry brother, but this is a beggar's logic that has hurt us so much until now.
No serious club would approach the issue like that.
It's either they respect our valuation of the player or they can F straight off.
That's what Spurs are currently doing with Kane, that's what PSG themselves are doing with Mbape with both having only one year left.

And, in particular, we have to play hard-ball with PSG, because of our past relations, and because of their predatory approaches. But above all, because it's the only way we can get the best out of the situation for our own interests.
If I am Laporta, I am not even picking up the phone tomorrow when Kelaifi calls.
Refuse to talk, make a statement that whoever is interest will have to pay the valid release clause that is 100m now.
PSG themselves have a lot to lose if they are forced to deposit the clause in a bank cheque.
It fucks them up in their books (not they are not able to do it, since they will invent shady financial doping injections). They want to negotiate because if they pay even 130m in installments is better for their books than paying a 100m clause
The ball is in our court to at least fleece them and give them a lesson they cannot fuck with us
Whilst I agree with you, in reality we will most likely get our pants pulled down again.

Maybe they will throw in Neymar with the 50mil?

khaled_a_d

Mbappe and Harry Kane are the absolute legends of the modern eras of their clubs.

Rate Dembele as high as you want, he is simply no where near their status, niether in the club or globally

This is more like Bayern taking Sane from City, rather than Kane or Mbappe wanting out.

The club was always rumoured to need a good sale, and Dembele fits the bill: annoying agent with bad relationship with the club, injury prone, 1 year contract, fairly high salary.

Also, Laporta doesn't have a bad past with PSG. No need to expect current board to inherit past issues.

Birdy

Baffling why OD and PSG would allow the clause to increase 100m and doing Barca such a favor

Simple. They didn't make it in time.
Mbappe and Harry Kane are the absolute legends of the modern eras of their clubs.

Rate Dembele as high as you want, he is simply no where near their status, niether in the club or globally

This is more like Bayern taking Sane from City, rather than Kane or Mbappe wanting out.

The club was always rumoured to need a good sale, and Dembele fits the bill: annoying agent with bad relationship with the club, injury prone, 1 year contract, fairly high salary.

Also, Laporta doesn't have a bad past with PSG. No need to expect current board to inherit past issues.
I am afraid this is another case of Dembele hate masked into some argument that tries to appear 'reasonable' but doesn't bear any weight

You didn't get the point. I used them as examples of players 'whose contract is expiring in 1 year'.
To highlight what is the correct stance a club should take. (BTW, Mbape a legend of the game? LOL)

Bayern were lucky because Sane was heavily injured and didn't play for almost a whole season, dropping his price lower than were it should be. Bad example.

What is the correct price of Dembele on current market where Kai Havertz is worth 80m and Declan Rice is worth 120m (with 1 yr remaining on contract)?
Dembele is at least 120m on a normal day, and at worst case (given 1 yr left) he is 90-100m transfer.

If Dembele wants to go, fine. But it will happen on club's terms, not on his own, not on his agent's, and certainly not PSG's terms.
Stance that every club respecting themselves practice

PS: Laporta is furious and wants to report PSG to FIFA. read the leaks

Barcelona_Boy1

Just let him go... He was never so good, allways inured, 6 years... For 6 years he did shit. So if Barca can make 50% of money they spent on this guy... Let him go... Didn't do shit for 135m !!!!

feggydinho

Dembele isn't leaving for 100m, we'll be lucky to even get 70m or he leaves as a free agent next season. Let's not forget how much the likes of Gabriel Jesus and Sterling left for last season.
My take is that it's rare for a player to leave for 100m with one year left, so let's be realistic

Masetro10

Dembele isn't leaving for 100m, we'll be lucky to even get 70m or he leaves as a free agent next season. Let's not forget how much the likes of Gabriel Jesus and Sterling left for last season.
My take is that it's rare for a player to leave for 100m with one year left, so let's be realistic
Who cares if he leaves for free. We need him this year or we lose out on all that UCL money when we get knocked out in the group stage again. It's a foregone conclusion Barca will get the hardest group

FinBarcelonafan

Its crazy Barca have spent so much money on forwards and not one of them has pace.

Cant think of any top team that would lack pace the way Barca front line will.

This is a massive problem and also lack of dribbling. We can't do anything without pace and dribbles. We are way too predictable team without those attributes. Sad sad.

FinBarcelonafan

Felix, Sane, B.Silva and cherry on top ALEXIS SANCHEZ.

If you think, you could not get 3 worse players that are complete opposite to Dembele then this 3. Sane is retard.

This club is joke.

let's sell Pedri and bring in Iniesta, his contract is done in Japan.

Yes, exactly. No point blowing our money on players who don't even replace Dembele. Give me same attributes, speed, dribbles. We need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans