Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul24rage

True! I've never seen a worse collection of bums in our attack since I've started following this team at the beginning of the 90s.

Barca always had at least one worldclass attacker in their prime.
yeah 36 year old Messi at MLS would probably be our best attacking player

serghei

Werent you saying we shouldn't bring him back and he is old and finished?
Now changed opinion again since he plays for another club and there is no chance of getting him.

Never change.

That doesn't mean I think a reject like Felix and a kid like Lamal are better than Messi. :lol:

Can't say I'm surprised you don't see the difference.

The problem is not that Messi is not here anymore, but that the club doesn't have money to sign top players.

ajnotkeith

That doesn't mean I think a reject like Felix and a kid like Lamal are better than Messi. :lol:

Can't say I'm surprised you don't see the difference.

The problem is not that Messi is not here anymore, but that the club doesn't have money to sign top players.
So why did you say club shouldn't bring him back if he would still be our best attacker by far?

Birdy

Messi would exacerbate our current problems, as he did his last years.
We currently don't lack someone who can play a final ball from a congested middle of the park

we lack someone with speed to move towards that ball and finish off
we lack someone with speed and dribbling on the wing on top of that

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Werent you saying we shouldn't bring him back and he is old and finished?
Now changed opinion again since he plays for another club and there is no chance of getting him.

Never change.

It's not mutually exclusive right?

You might not want to bring Messi back, but can also recognize that Messi by far would be the best attacking player in the club right now.
That's more of an indictment on the club's business and the players at the club than wanting Messi back.

KingLeo10

Wait there's actually people out there who believe Dembele right now is a more influential attacker than even a 36 year old Messi? :lol: :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi has the better finishing but we need an unstoppable guy who runs the wing along and cross the ball into the box and that's rather Dembele than a 36 years old Messi but if you guys can get 2011 Messi back we can speak :coffee:

ajnotkeith

It's not mutually exclusive right?

You might not want to bring Messi back, but can also recognize that Messi by far would be the best attacking player in the club right now.
That's more of an indictment on the club's business and the players at the club than wanting Messi back.
Its not what was said. He made out Messi wasnt good at all.

I use his exact words at the time of the rumours :
"No, Messi is 100% finished, he made the right decision to retire in the US".

serghei

Messi at Barca is a closed chapter for good reason. Only sad thing about it is that it didn't end with a treble in 2019.

Messi is finished because he has no motivation left, he achieved everything a player can do in the game. But even so, he's much better than someone like Felix, Ferret, or Yamal, or even raphinha, let's not kid ourselves here. On pure ability.

But this doesn't matter, Messi is paid a great amount in USA, and money have always been a main priority for him and his family.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Messi has the better finishing but we need an unstoppable guy who runs the wing along and cross the ball into the box and that's rather Dembele than a 36 years old Messi but if you guys can get 2011 Messi back we can speak :coffee:

:lol: "Unstoppable"

The only thing Dembele has been in big games (CL KO, WC KO, El Clasicos) is stoppable.

Now that the Merseyside bozo is gone, you've truly gone back to your rabid self :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans