Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

" Dembele has doubts about renewing, he wants to hear from Laporta about the sporting project, PSG are attentive to his situation"

Fair enough tbh, if I were Dembele I wouldn't want to play here either, pay cut for what? To play with bums and win fuck all? You don't sign a mercenary and expect loyalty

Raketa10

Decade of dumbness.
The most retarded player ever to play for this club.

I agree but renewing him should be our top priority. If we want to get rid of him we should be able to earn some cash otherwise he will leave for free. He is worth at least 25-30 mil and we desperately need the money. It's also crucial that we don't give him a big salary.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I agree but renewing him should be our top priority. If we want to get rid of him we should be able to earn some cash otherwise he will leave for free. He is worth at least 25-30 mil and we desperately need the money. It's also crucial that we don't give him a big salary.

Selling him for free in 2021 = we would save 20m on his wages in 2021/22 season.
Selling him for 30m in 2022 = you earn 30m on a transfer and you lose 20m for his wages in 2021/22, so you have earned only 10m.

The same is with Griezmann.
Letting him go even for zero will save you 50m+ yearly on wages.

So, I am not sure if keeping Dumbele is a good business.

Total-Football

" Dembele has doubts about renewing, he wants to hear from Laporta about the sporting project, PSG are attentive to his situation"

Fair enough tbh, if I were Dembele I wouldn't want to play here either, pay cut for what? To play with bums and win fuck all? You don't sign a mercenary and expect loyalty
Poor Messi thought he went out of Dembele shadow only for the latter to hunt him down in paris

Raketa10

Selling him for free in 2021 = we would save 20m on his wages in 2021/22 season.
Selling him for 30m in 2022 = you earn 30m on a transfer and you lose 20m for his wages in 2021/22, so you have earned only 10m.

Yeah but 2021 is gone, he will be here for this entire season so we'll pay his salary for sure. If we renew him now we can earn something in summer 2022 or he will go for free. Simple as that.

JamDav1982

If Barca gave away Griezmann for yesterday free they miss out on the 50m fee and take 75m hit on the books. Nowhere close to saying 'just release him to save on salary'.

His salary was not 50m and reported to be around 35m.

The reason they will want to extend Dembele is to improve the books this year by decreasing his salary and amortisation costs which all feeds into what can spend next summer.

Worst case scenario sell him as despite his injuries there is always going to be a market for him.

Dembele is one of most frustrating players to watch but he does add pace and teams adjust for it. No one else in Barca team has that. That is what he adds and occassional individual moment.

Renewing him makes sense if he agrees to lower salary. Almost more of financial reasons that footballing ones but footballing wise even he improves this current squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans