Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
One of his better matches in a Barca shirt overall - he had stretches of influence at both ends of pitch (The tracking back was a shock tbh) but coupled with moments of sheer anonymity. I continue to believe he will never be a consistent protagonist at a big club, just lacks the mental makeup for it

Raketa10

I wouldn't say that he was excellent yesterday but he had a very good game. I honestly can't see him playing like that consistently and that's his biggest problem. In addition, he rarely scores and a world class winger on a huge salary needs to score between 15-20 goals per season.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I wouldn't say that he was excellent yesterday but he had a very good game. I honestly can't see him playing like that consistently and that's his biggest problem. In addition, he rarely scores and a world class winger on a huge salary needs to score between 15-20 goals per season.

For me, that's the key aspect - at his salary, his production or involvement in goals has to be consistently higher. He's nowhere near that. Of course, he has largely been absent due to injuries and never been able to develop much consistency. Plus, under Xavi we do see a slightly different player in the short time they've been together. However, time is rapidly running out and him & his agents are showing no interest in continuity

At this point, if he doesn't renew per Alemany then he should never wear the shirt again before watching him walk for free

feggydinho

Fuck his sofascore rating, sucsessfull dribbles and faints and curved shots away from goal. His end product is shit, he creates nothing usefull. He just runs around as a headless chicken with no feeling fot the team at all.
He is a solo player that flashes here and there and in the end he bangs a golazo every 1/10 games... Rest of them he is just useless or injured.

I am sick and tired of this 140m fraud and he can ship his agents and baggage to Q$G of Old farth Lady or wherever he wants.

Yeah, but it's not his fault that we overpaid for him. Currently, we seem better with him than without him and he's also our best creative forward, really bad with finishing though but we'll have to get a good replacement when he leaves cause none of our other forwards creates as much as he does, you can check the stats.

feggydinho

Didn't watch the match, but it's fairly clearly he's not much a creator. But he's very good utility player. Shame no one could scrap anything from his rare output

He created the most chances (5) in the last game, and if you sum the chances created by our players this season in the games with Dembele, pretty sure Dembele would have the highest

Bobo32

He has shot 17 times in the league and once (1) hit the target. No goals. 5,9% on goal, worst in the squad.
Only two players take more shots than him; Coutinho and Fati. Coutinho hit the target 26,1% of the time and scored twice, Fati 46,2% and scored thrice.

Passing wise, he is on Depay-numbers: 71,9%

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
He just smashes his shots. I'd like to see more placement. More often than not his shots end up in the stands.

It's fake shot, fake shot, then bombazo and inshallah.

MTL_Barca

It's almost like he never had a coach teaching him how to attack. He can make use of his speed but then just prays and needs 20 attempts for every assist/goal, no precision at all.

blaug

He has zero end product. And when he has a decent goal scoring opportunity, he shits the bed and skies it into row Z. Just sell him. He's not good enough

George_Costanza

Dembele considers himself to be a world-class player and believes he should be paid as such. He’s informed the club, through his agents, that will neither leave this month nor renew under the terms Bar?a is proposing.
@gerardromero

Dembele’s requests overall: €200M gross for 5 years + €20M commission (agent AND player each).
@gerardromero

xXKonan

He and his entourage think he's world Class and the guy deserves to be paid like one. :lol:

This guy and his entourage are lucky enough the club had the patience to put up with his shenanigans and his injury issues since he came here and were willing to even renew him. Nothing will change with this guy, he'll go to some EPL team dumb enough to give him what he wants and he will have the same reoccurring injuries over and over again and he'll never reach the levels required to even be considered world-class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans