Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

I don't like all this drama. The team doesn't need turbulence in these times after having had it constantly for the past 5 years.

The guy I hate most in this is his agent. Comes across as a money hungry amateur.

Media been saying deadline after deadline. But I utterly hope Laporta & Co officially conclude the negotitations today.

Give this to Dembele, I think that's comprehensible enough for him.
yes-or-no-choices-picture-id519155176

The Agent is only looking out for him, I don't think most agents would accept a wage decrease in their player's peak years (24-27), cause players tend to take pay cuts around 28/29+. It's simple economics to me, Dembele can earn better elsewhere, so why take 7.5-9m, when he can earn 14m+ elsewhere. From what the agent said, their demand was outrageous but they also claimed to leave their door open for negotiations, so they expected Barca to submit something higher but not a wage decrease, but Barca won't go higher seeing that Dembele hasn't lived up to expectation. So it's safe and logical to assume that he's leaving. I agree that the media fuss is irritating and unnecessary though, cause Dembele isn't the first player to ask for a wage increase or become a free agent, we even got Depay as a free agent and Lyon wanted to keep him, but trust the media to keep on recycling this news as it generates clicks.

MTL_Barca

I don't see any team offering him such a high salary but who knows, clubs often do dumb shit as we should know better than anyone else :lol:

:dembele::coutinho::griezmann:

Still, even as a free agent i wouldn't be so sure there is that huge line of elite clubs just waiting to pay them 40M + 30M a year or whatever they dream of.

But honestly who cares, just fuck off already. Soon to be 5 years of non-stop drama and injuries. Would've liked him to renew but this is getting tiresome.

feggydinho

I don't see any club offering him such a huge salary but who knows, clubs often do dumb shit as we should know better than anyone else :lol:

:dembele::coutinho::griezmann:

Still, even as a free agent i wouldn't be so sure there is that huge line of elite clubs just waiting to pay them 40M + 30M a year or whatever they dream of.

But honestly who cares, just fuck off already. Soon to be 5 years of non-stop drama and injury. Would've liked him to renew but this is getting tiresome.

Clubs won't offer him 40m salary, but they would offer him salaries that are >=14m and signing bonus, so it only makes sense to get the higher salary cause he always reminds me of the Liverpool loss, so I don't see him ever winning the fans over here. Barca also gets to dispose of him, and he leaves for a wage increase and change of environment, win-win. I don't see any big deal here

MTL_Barca

So 33 year old Messi in 20/21 alone had almost the same number of G+A (52) as Ousmane "Ballon d'Or salary" Dembele (54) in 4,5 seasons? Stunning.

Should send it to his agent, maybe he'll ask for even more money seeing these elite stats.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

So 33 year old Messi in 20/21 alone had almost the same number of G+A (52) as Ousmane "Ballon d'Or salary" Dembele (54) in 4,5 seasons? Stunning.

Should send it to his agent, maybe he'll ask for even more money seeing these elite stats.

Messi gets paid 75mil a season. Dembele gets paid that in five seasons. Fair deal. Bdor salary.

He was offered 14mil a season no? Pretty close to this actually.

behindbrowneyes

In the end it doesn't matter what Dembele demands and what Barca offers. It is obvious that the expectations of the two parties are too far apart and that everything points to a goodbye. Actually reminds a lot of the topic Alaba and Bayern, which also looked like a neverending story until Bayern finally drew a line and withdrew the offer. If the player had really wanted to stay, a solution would have been found. It's the same with Dembele. Happens.

Would have liked him longer at Barca as he creates havoc in opposing defenses, but I'm completely in line with the board's decision not to improve the offer. A replacement at his level costs 50m and good salary, so it could be debated if the salary could go up as Dembele is amortized and that brings benefits. All in all, after four and a half years at Barca, Dembele has 31 goals and 23 assists in 129 games and a whopping 102 (!) missed games due to injuries. Apart from games in which he was not used due to coach decisions, that is almost 45% of absenteeism.

I'm sure Barca made him a fair offer given those numbers. It is Dembele's right not to accept this offer. I'm sure there are clubs that are willing to offer _significantly_ more due to the fact that it is a 'free transfer' and because of his potential. Demand determines the price. Despite everything, Ousmane will be 25 in May. Young enough for a very well-paid 5-year contract, but also far from being the polished player he should be at that age. In the game against Madrid he was strong, but in the end the same picture as 4 years ago. Highly talented, but "raw" and the game isn't quite as mature as it should be. The many injuries have certainly contributed to the fact that he was not able to develop as one would have expected in the decisive and enormously important years. But I also sense a lack of game intelligence in him and that becomes apparent when you compare him with Ansu, for example, who is much younger.

I'm not one of the fraction "off in the stands with him". It was right in Ilaix' case, but here I'm against it. Dembele has 5 months left as a highly paid player at Barca and if Xavi thinks he can help us achieve the team's goals then let him keep counting on him. Of course, when in doubt you have to decide for the future and Ferran > Dembele, but that doesn't mean you have to do without Dembele entirely. Keyword Ferran, maybe he is already Dembele's replacement. In any case, Xavi has the entire second half of the season to find out in which position Ferran is better and can then act accordingly on the transfer market in the summer.

Anyone who expected gratitude and loyalty from Dembele has only himself to blame and has probably looked the other way in his last two transfers. For him it personally it can be hoped that his agent will not speculate and that he would be well advised to sign a new contract soon. A new, lengthy injury and the high-paying contract is no longer quite as high-paying. I'm guessing PSG as a likely destination. It would fit somehow. And who is sad about the little friendly relationship with this club... All in all, Dembele has one goal and two assists in 11 games this season. This is on average below his all-time figures ​​​​of his Barca career. If his all-time figures ​​at Barca were two-digit with a 5 ahead instead of 31 for goals and a 4 ahead instead of 23 for assists, then Barca's offer would look different despite its injury susceptibility. As of now, like many under Bartomeu, he was overpaid and the club did everything right with their offer.

OVI9323

Only positive note I see in all this shitshow is that if dembele doesn"t renew, and Xavi make him play, Dembele will give his best during the play (we are now use to his best being a lot of Low and some moment of brillance). But at least mentally speaking he'll try to help if he's put on the field

gregorrin10

Time to leave him home for the Bilbao trip. Then lower his release clause to something silly like 10M or even less to guarantee some club does come in with an offer in the last 10 days of the window. We literally have nothing to lose at this point, we can just profit by getting rid of his wages 6 months sooner and even receiving a transfer fee, however small it may be. Then give him an ultimatium, plain and simple. Agree to leave, or if he refuses to leave, exclude him from the squad completely and put him on the stands for 6 months, where fans just meters around him boo him for 90 minutes straight if he dares to come watch the games, otherwise he can stay home and play FIFA for all we care. As for his agent threatening to sue if that happens, it's just laughable. Can't see a court in the world which would rule in Dembele's favour. The club can literally freeze him out without explanation. And give him a big fat fine every single time he's late for training, even if it's just for 1 minute. With his attitude and the 'high' level of professionalism I reckon by the summer we'll have gained more money from his fines than what we actually have to pay him in wages.

As much as the player can dick the club around as long as he is under contract, and refuses to leave and such, the club can also screw the player. As long as we pay him and respect the terms of the contract, we can make him the best paid damn ball boy in the world and he can't do anything about it. The club might be obliged to pay him, but as sure as hell isn't obliged to play him or even keep him around the squad. Leave him out of match days squads completely, don't even take him on away trips, and put him on the stands for home games. As for training, I guess he legally has access to the training grounds, but we can make him train by himself, protecting the rest of the squad from his poisonous behaviour. Hope we make an example out of him, just like we did with Ilaix.

feggydinho

Time to leave him home for the Bilbao trip. Then lower his release clause to something silly like 10M or even less to guarantee some club does come in with an offer in the last 10 days of the window. We literally have nothing to lose at this point, we can just profit by getting rid of his wages 6 months sooner and even receiving a transfer fee, however small it may be. Then give him an ultimatium, plain and simple. Agree to leave, or if he refuses to leave, exclude him from the squad completely and put him on the stands for 6 months, where fans just meters around him boo him for 90 minutes straight if he dares to come watch the games, otherwise he can stay home and play FIFA for all we care. As for his agent threatening to sue if that happens, it's just laughable. Can't see a court in the world which would rule in Dembele's favour.

As much as the player can dick the club around as long as he is under contract, and refuses to leave and such, the club can also screw the player. As long as we pay him and respect the terms of the contract, we can make him the best paid damn ball boy in the world and he can't do anything about it. The club might be obliged to pay him, but as sure as hell isn't obliged to play him or even keep him around the squad. Leave him out of match days squads completely, don't even take him on away trips, and put him on the stands for home games. As for training, I guess he legally has access to the training grounds, but we can make him train by himself, protecting the rest of the squad from his poisonous behaviour. Hope we make an example out of him, just like we did with Ilaix.

That would be messy and speak bad of the club, I heard Depay won't be fit for tomorrow and Luuk De Jong won't also be available so you might also see Dembouz feature tomorrow, we might also have some of our forwards injured in the second half of the season like we did in the first half and taking drastic action like what you suggested would just make the player intentionally play rubbish if he's asked to feature out of necessity. Fully excluding a player because he refused to renew at lower terms would be messed up, It'll be better to use him if needed while giving more minutes to the team that would be here after this season

fergus90

In the end it doesn't matter what Dembele demands and what Barca offers. It is obvious that the expectations of the two parties are too far apart and that everything points to a goodbye. Actually reminds a lot of the topic Alaba and Bayern, which also looked like a neverending story until Bayern finally drew a line and withdrew the offer. If the player had really wanted to stay, a solution would have been found. It's the same with Dembele. Happens.

Would have liked him longer at Barca as he creates havoc in opposing defenses, but I'm completely in line with the board's decision not to improve the offer. A replacement at his level costs 50m and good salary, so it could be debated if the salary could go up as Dembele is amortized and that brings benefits. All in all, after four and a half years at Barca, Dembele has 31 goals and 23 assists in 129 games and a whopping 102 (!) missed games due to injuries. Apart from games in which he was not used due to coach decisions, that is almost 45% of absenteeism.

I'm sure Barca made him a fair offer given those numbers. It is Dembele's right not to accept this offer. I'm sure there are clubs that are willing to offer _significantly_ more due to the fact that it is a 'free transfer' and because of his potential. Demand determines the price. Despite everything, Ousmane will be 25 in May. Young enough for a very well-paid 5-year contract, but also far from being the polished player he should be at that age. In the game against Madrid he was strong, but in the end the same picture as 4 years ago. Highly talented, but "raw" and the game isn't quite as mature as it should be. The many injuries have certainly contributed to the fact that he was not able to develop as one would have expected in the decisive and enormously important years. But I also sense a lack of game intelligence in him and that becomes apparent when you compare him with Ansu, for example, who is much younger.

I'm not one of the fraction "off in the stands with him". It was right in Ilaix' case, but here I'm against it. Dembele has 5 months left as a highly paid player at Barca and if Xavi thinks he can help us achieve the team's goals then let him keep counting on him. Of course, when in doubt you have to decide for the future and Ferran > Dembele, but that doesn't mean you have to do without Dembele entirely. Keyword Ferran, maybe he is already Dembele's replacement. In any case, Xavi has the entire second half of the season to find out in which position Ferran is better and can then act accordingly on the transfer market in the summer.

Anyone who expected gratitude and loyalty from Dembele has only himself to blame and has probably looked the other way in his last two transfers. For him it personally it can be hoped that his agent will not speculate and that he would be well advised to sign a new contract soon. A new, lengthy injury and the high-paying contract is no longer quite as high-paying. I'm guessing PSG as a likely destination. It would fit somehow. And who is sad about the little friendly relationship with this club... All in all, Dembele has one goal and two assists in 11 games this season. This is on average below his all-time figures ​​​​of his Barca career. If his all-time figures ​​at Barca were two-digit with a 5 ahead instead of 31 for goals and a 4 ahead instead of 23 for assists, then Barca's offer would look different despite its injury susceptibility. As of now, like many under Bartomeu, he was overpaid and the club did everything right with their offer.

Very well said.

xXKonan

Dembele completed the best training session of his Barca career today. What he showed was of an exceptional level, which has left the coaches speechless. [as]

Speechless

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
5m
��[@fansjavimiguel] | Several witnesses who watched today's training session live have assured AS that Ousmane Dembele today had the best training session of the season. He showed an exceptional level, which left the technicians speechless.
"What the kid has done has been a spectacle, he has been seen more motivated than ever and plugging in everything that came to his feet.", were the words of the witnesses.

Unleash him against Bilbao.
He will destroy them to prove a point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans