Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Universal
?
35m
Laporta:
"Whether Ousmane Demb?l? will play again or not will be decided by the coach."
"A player who doesn't want to renew with Bar?a... He will know why he does it but that will have its consequences. We want players with commitment"
"The coach is thinking about the present and the future, and the player who does not want to continue - it is difficult for him to play. We want the best for him and the club."

TRANSLATION:
Decision is taken: Dembele will not play again
But we don't want to publicly undermine the position of the coach.
Then, for the public, Xavi decides on it.
And we have already provided him with the perfect explanation of why Dembouz will be out of the squad all the time -> commitment and future

Clever by Laporta

feggydinho

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
16m
Laporta: ?The offer to renew Dembele?s contract expired on December 20, if they wanted to sit and talk it would be different. The Dembele issue is similar to that of Ilaix.?

I called it so many times
You all see now?
It's exactly the same, with an agent trying to fuck up the club

Barcelona president Joan Laporta announces that ?our new contract proposal to Ousmane Demb?l? has expired on December 20?. No entryBookmark tabs #FCB

?If he wanted to negotiate now, there would be different conditions. We negotiated for months but Ousmane?s aspirations were impossible for us?. [source - Fabrizio)

So if the above is true, then it's obvious that they couldn't meet up with what Dembele wanted (and he has the right to demand whatever he wants, while we also have the right to reject it) which happens normally so why are we making ours special. Anyways we'll support whatever team they field, but ousting Dembele because of this is petty cause it's not a must to accept a paycut.

Last edited:

OVI9323

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]times - Laporta: "My Mbapp? - Demb?l? comparison? I keep thinking about it, that he's up there with Mbapp?. I don't regret having said it because we are convinced of his talent and that is why we made him a very good offer."

I give us 3 matches before putting him on the field again

Windhook

I'm sure Dembele will play but with less minutes and of course less motivation for the club.

Freezing an expiring player is a common practice in some leagues across Europe, mainly market clubs that buy/sell players for profit.

Dembele lied to the board and changed his mind at the last moment, that's why the board is against him. I don't believe many other expiring players act this way during negotiations.

JamDav1982

I'm sure Dembele will play but with less minutes and of course less motivation for the club.

Freezing an expiring player is a common practice in some leagues across Europe, mainly market clubs that buy/sell players for profit.

Dembele lied to the board and changed his mind at the last moment, that's why the board is against him. I don't believe many other expiring players act this way during negotiations.

Board lied to him about being better than Mbappe and then offer contract less than what he was on due to finances.. then sign Torres for 55m+ and chase Haaland.

It wasnt last minute either Laporta said he told them in December he wasnt accepting the contract.

Both sides were at it in these negotiations and by time club try to turn to blackmail then dont blame Dembele for refusing to talk to them again. Was idiotic to make that public statement.

ronniecro

lol haaland,if we were able to afford him dembele would have got his extension...i just hope we already seen his last game for us,no point in giving place to the player who has no desire to play here anymore but i'm sure xavi will find a ways to pander him little more

JamDav1982

lol haaland,if we were able to afford him dembele would have got his extension...i just hope we already seen his last game for us,no point in giving place to the player who has no desire to play here anymore but i'm sure xavi will find a ways to pander him little more

Nah other top clubs realise better with the player in squad if improves chances to win.

Xavi is not pandering to anyone if wants him to play and it is because was handled poorly by board they are not trying to pass buck to make it Xavis decision.

JamDav1982

And they STILL do it seems
[tw]1488886222076497923[/tw]

Doubling down on it as dont want to lose face.

Now they are passing buck to Xavi to decide if he weakens squad or 'panders' to Dembele.

Top stuff.

If I was Xavi would tell them what want to happen and they have to announce it as a board decision not his solely and if they want Dembele to go despite XAvi wanting him they should say as much.

Windhook

Board lied to him about being better than Mbappe and then offer contract less than what he was on due to finances.. then sign Torres for 55m+ and chase Haaland.

Transfer budget and wage budget are different things. The 97m salary cap means the club cannot increase the wage budget no matter the transfer budget, Ferran's transfer further complicated things as we had to offload Coutinho and negotiate deal with Umtiti.

Two club officials, including Laporta, declared that Dembele gave an initial "yes" to the contract offer, then asked for more after realizing Barca are megarich overnight. Doesn't makes sense unless Dembouz is stupid, selfish or jelous of other players coming. I'm pretty sure it was explained to him that other players were coming and there is salary cap that we should fit in.

JamDav1982

Transfer budget and wage budget are different things. The 97m salary cap means the club cannot increase the wage budget no matter the transfer budget, Ferran's transfer further complicated things as we had to offload Coutinho and negotiate deal with Umtiti.

Two club officials, including Laporta, declared that Dembele gave an initial "yes" to the contract offer, then asked for more after realizing Barca are megarich overnight. Doesn't makes sense unless Dembouz is stupid, selfish or jelous of other players coming. I'm pretty sure it was explained to him that other players were coming and there is salary cap that we should fit in.

Nope they are not.

The amortised costs of Torres signing and his salary all count in salary calculation by the league.

Dont blame him for going back on it once they sign Torres after pleading poverty.

Can explain anything they like to him. He doesnt have to renew.

On top of that Laporta is giving it big licks about Barca being 'back' as big players on the market from the summer and hinting at Haaland etc.

If I was Dembele and contract had been agreed on basis of wage decrease due to club finances as a major reason then as soon as agreed near enough they pay 55m for a player and start bumping gums about how much can spend sure as fuck I would think again about signing that contract.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Lol it's only been covered about 5 time before. The 97m Salary cap is an issue for this term. Nothing preventing them from deffering part of his salary for later in the contract like they are with the Torres transfer. Secondly players won't differentiate between transfer budgets or salary as that's money the club is spending not in them.

slicknick

Doubling down on it as dont want to lose face.

Now they are passing buck to Xavi to decide if he weakens squad or 'panders' to Dembele.

Top stuff.

If I was Xavi would tell them what want to happen and they have to announce it as a board decision not his solely and if they want Dembele to go despite XAvi wanting him they should say as much.
jonah-hill-no.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans