Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

He plays better with Dest who can get up to support him and allow to cut in more.

With Alves he is just more of isolated winger on touchline trying to get crosses in on outside for most part.

Alves and Traore fit and Dest/Dembele do. Mixing them up doesnt look great.

Torres and Auba are the first names down in front three.

feggydinho

He plays better with Dest who can get up to support him and allow to cut in more.

With Alves he is just more of isolated winger on touchline trying to get crosses in on outside for most part.

Alves and Traore fit and Dest/Dembele do. Mixing them up doesnt look great.

Torres and Auba are the first names down in front three.

True, I've noticed this too. For forwards, I'll start with Ferran, Auba and Adama, and bring Memphis and Ousmane later on. great to have so many options

delancey

One top notch game followed by 5 mediocre ones. He loses the ball often and fails at his attempts more than I care to watch. He has got a serious case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde going on! I suppose that this is also why many find him fun to watch. You just never know what he will pull out of his hat. Lol

mc_lovin

Thankfully it looks like the board won't improve the offer. He's just not worth it. Good player to have though.

Injuries cost him his superstar career in my opinion. He lost most of his sharpness in front of goal. Night and day to his early BVB/Barcelona days.

gregorrin10

Shit as a starter. Nothing new. The maximum he can muster up every game is 30 good minutes. Same story every time. When he starts, he's good for the first 20-30 minutes, then he disappears and never recovers in that game. Perfect sub, but horrible as a starter.

Still think we shouldn't bend over backwards trying to renew him, especially not anywhere close on his and his agent's terms. Better to just let him go and cut our losses now when we can. Those 30 or so world class minutes per game, and even that only on a random every 3rd game...he's just not worth the hassle. He's also turning 25 now, not a youngster anymore. His speed and agility will only get worse as the years go by. Not to mention the injuries. I wouldn't say that for a normal 25-year old player, but we know Dembele and his unprofessional attitude are gonna shorten his career on top for a few years at least. As soon as he turns 28,29, he'll probably be done at the top level, and even until then I don't ever see him lighting up the world (at least not for more than the occasional game, like he's done his whole career), and that's if he even stays fit in all that time.

Even though I don't like the idea of neither Adama or Depay staying long term either, I still think we'd do better keeping those two for the next 2-3 seasons (thus buying Adama and giving him a 3 or 4 year deal and extending Depay for 2 more years) over making that offer to Dembele and over paying him in the process for sure. Especially when you think both Adama and Depay's wages together are probably still lower than Dembele's wage.

feggydinho

Shit as a starter. Nothing new. The maximum he can muster up every game is 30 good minutes. Same story every time. When he starts, he's good for the first 20-30 minutes, then he disappears and never recovers in that game. Perfect sub, but horrible as a starter.

Still think we shouldn't bend over backwards trying to renew him, especially not anywhere close on his and his agent's terms. Better to just let him go and cut our losses now when we can. Those 30 or so world class minutes per game, and even that only on a random every 3rd game...he's just not worth the hassle. He's also turning 25 now, not a youngster anymore. His speed and agility will only get worse as the years go by. Not to mention the injuries. I wouldn't say that for a normal 25-year old player, but we know Dembele and his unprofessional attitude are gonna shorten his career on top for a few years at least. As soon as he turns 28,29, he'll probably be done at the top level, and even until then I don't ever see him lighting up the world (at least not for more than the occasional game, like he's done his whole career), and that's if he even stays fit in all that time.

Even though I don't like the idea of neither Adama or Depay staying long term either, I still think we'd do better keeping those two for the next 2-3 seasons (thus buying Adama and giving him a 3 or 4 year deal and extending Depay for 2 more years) over making that offer to Dembele and over paying him in the process for sure. Especially when you think both Adama and Depay's wages together are probably still lower than Dembele's wage.

Spot on but I don't think Depay's wage is lower

Laplacian

Thankfully it looks like the board won't improve the offer. He's just not worth it. Good player to have though.

Injuries cost him his superstar career in my opinion. He lost most of his sharpness in front of goal. Night and day to his early BVB/Barcelona days.

He scored no more than 7 league goals in his BvB season. That's literally been his output at this club over the past 5 years. This is his BvB level.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He scored no more than 7 league goals in his BvB season. That's literally been his output at this club over the past 5 years. This is his BvB level.

Scored 12 goals in 22 starts in Ligue 1 when he was 18 or whatever tbh. But the clips of his Rennes days seem like a different player bar the fake shot skill.

gregorrin10

Spot on but I don't think Depay's wage is lower

I think so. Considering we already had Laporta and Alemany at the wheel, the sensible 2-year contract alone should give you an indication that the wages can't be that much. While Dembele's contract is from the Bartomeu's most lavished era. Especially since it was right after we got the Neymar money. Dembele and Coutinho are/were on ridiculous wages. And you just know that if Bartomeu was still here for the Depay deal, he'd offer him a 4 or even 5-year deal with at least 40% higher wages than what he's on now.

mc_lovin

Not only his finishing to be more precise, he just looks clunkier than a few years ago. Hard to point out exactly what's wrong, but something looks off.

Still would like for us to keep him though. I like the dynamic with a pacy winger on the right, and I just don't trust Dembele or Adama alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans