Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregorrin10

I wonder where he goes.
I remember in January it was rumoured PSG and Chelsea wanted him, even has offers from those clubs.
Chelsea now out of the race for sure, and PSG might have a totally new management and new regime might have no interest in him.
Newcastle had interest before, but will be big step back for him.
Manu could make most sense if he leaves, but I think he will have to reconsider his options if PSG backtrack from their interest

ManU was always the most likeliest option for me and still is. The only club in England that are desperate (and stupid) enough to give him that big fat contract (as they're used to it from Pogba, Maguire...) and take him on. On the other hand, Sancho on the left and Dembele on the right could be a treat to watch. And Cristiano up top to make use of all those crosses, if he stays for one more year, and Bruno behind him as well. So if Dembele leaves Barca, I think United will be it. The only other option being PSG, if they lose Mbappe and get really desperate and give him that crazy 40M salary and 20M bonus or whatever he was initially asking for from Barca.

But I think there's a good chance he stays in the end and we get him on a new 3 or 4 year contract. Then it's just about hoping that this time that brand new shiny contract doesn't distract him and that Xavi can manage him into staying professional on and off the pitch, which makes his chances of staying fit this time that much bigger. It does seem our medical team has finally improved, and that combined with Xavi's methods, we are doing better lately with the injury issues. Fingers crossed that it stays that way. As for Dembele, he'd be crazy not to make a little compromise, seeing how Xavi loves him and if he stays fit, he could genuinely become one of the best wingers in the world under his tutelage, especially since he's finally playing in a system that suits him to a T. It's all about priorities. If he lets Sissoko brain wash him into leaving after all the trust that Xavi put into him, then good riddance.

Total-Football

I hope he doesnt start vs madrid.. That number of times he looses the ball is outrageous. It only doesn't show when we play some grade D team like ossasuna.

Birdy

I hope he doesnt start vs madrid.. That number of times he looses the ball is outrageous. It only doesn't show when we play some grade D team like ossasuna.

Hope you were here last season to comment about the number of times Messi was losing the ball (who was also having the ball 90% of Barca's time in attack contrary to Dembele)

But I can't really remember you pal doing so...

feggydinho

He was our best attacker against Real Madrid earlier this year so he could still replicate that next Sunday, but I think Adama on the wings would also be a threat so I'm up for whatever Xavi does

JohnN

Players who take responsibility for attacks and risks will lose the ball the most, that's to be expected. He just needs to not be too "casual" when not taking risks. He has improved in that regard, but still has lapses of concentration on easy situations. Of Course the game was done yesterday when he started slacking.

Zidane82

Players who take responsibility for attacks and risks will lose the ball the most, that's to be expected. He just needs to not be too "casual" when not taking risks. He has improved in that regard, but still has lapses of concentration on easy situations. Of Course the game was done yesterday when he started slacking.

So true .. Messi apparently gave the ball away more than any other Barca player !

Zidane82

The fans at the Camp Nou applaud Demb?l? every time he touches the ball. In the end, Ousmane has turned the whistles into applause.

We are soooo fickle :)

Zidane82

He was our best attacker against Real Madrid earlier this year so he could still replicate that next Sunday, but I think Adama on the wings would also be a threat so I'm up for whatever Xavi does

I?d start with Adama to run the defenders ragged and get a few booked for 50 minutes then let Dembele tear them apart for the last 40 minutes

behindbrowneyes

One of the games that make you think he found his mojo back. No need to get complacent though. Just keep going.

However, I feel approved by rooting to play him despite his contractucal situation with Barca. He has to play for a contract and Barca is benefitting from it.

Porque

I think Dembele will get Madrid and Adama will get Gala. It seems to me Xavi rates Dembele higher as he is inconsistent but can go to a higher level on his day.

Plus Dembele will pee his pants in the Ali Sami Yen.

Andresito

Staff member
I think Dembele will get Madrid and Adama will get Gala. It seems to me Xavi rates Dembele higher as he is inconsistent but can go to a higher level on his day.

Plus Dembele will pee his pants in the Ali Sami Yen.

Lucky we play at NEF Stadium on Thursday :crbust:

Porque

Lucky we play at NEF Stadium on Thursday :crbust:

Kyoh2iU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans