Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

No, but if you aren't Messi or Ronaldo I wouldn't worry about Madrid signing them. League title is still on next year

Mbappe is a killer in goal, and with him in Madrid we'll need to be at our best almost throughout next season to have a chance at winning league. The competition would be interesting

JamDav1982

He will be out because has deal in place elsewhere.

If came back to club saying he is willing to accept previous contract offered they would sign it tomorrow.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He will be out because has deal in place elsewhere.

If came back to club saying he is willing to accept previous contract offered they would sign it tomorrow.

If he goes to PSG I'm not sure it will be a successful stint given how unstable they are. Barca would be the best place for him as Xavi seem to like him a lot, but like you said they'll only renew him if he comes back and accepts the previous offer.

We'll be fine if Raphinha or I suppose even Salah is signed as a replacement. Altho signing Salah on a massive five year contract at his age would be a gamble that makes me nervous.

SmilerBam

If he goes to PSG I'm not sure it will be a successful stint given how unstable they are. Barca would be the best place for him as Xavi seem to like him a lot, but like you said they'll only renew him if he comes back and accepts the previous offer.

We'll be fine if Raphinha or I suppose even Salah is signed as a replacement. Altho signing Salah on a massive five year contract at his age would be a gamble that makes me nervous.

Lol, he'll not come, but Salah at any age is miles better than Dumbele ever will be.

serghei

Salah would be an excellent signing even on a contract like 4+1 (club option). At the end of the contract, he'd be Benzema's age today. But his wage should be manageable for it to make sense.

But I can see PSG going in for him.

Salah would make us title contenders about 2 years sooner if he can maintain even 75% of his current form.

Last edited:

Messi983

No reason for him doing that at this point really.

He could have already signed a pre-contract with another team as was reported but I somehow doubt. His agent is greedy enough to make him wait until end of the season (or even drag it into the summer) to get as good offer as possible. His price could go up if he continues to play well over next two months (and I hope he will as this would benefit Barca as well) but knowing his injury history it's also risky. He could get injured for 4 months again at any time and lose a lot of money. If that injury happens would hopefully be in last minutes of EL final when we are up by 2 or 3 goals. Then Moussa Sissoko can try to find his money wherever he wants.

Not really hateful towards Dembouz as I think he's just stupid/naive and mostly being played by his agent.

feggydinho

No reason for him doing that at this point really.

He could have already signed a pre-contract with another team as was reported but I somehow doubt. His agent is greedy enough to make him wait until end of the season (or even drag it into the summer) to get as good offer as possible. His price could go up if he continues to play well over next two months (and I hope he will as this would benefit Barca as well) but knowing his injury history it's also risky. He could get injured for 4 months again at any time and lose a lot of money. If that injury happens would hopefully be in last minutes of EL final when we are up by 2 or 3 goals. Then Moussa Sissoko can try to find his money wherever he wants.

Not really hateful towards Dembouz as I think he's just stupid/naive and mostly being played by his agent.

He's not being played, if anything his agent is looking out for him financially. It would've been funny for him to sign that deal of 7m net with all the other funny bonuses. I rank him alongside Sancho, Sterling, Koman, Sane and they're all on salaries greater than 12m. His agent is also free to ask for his money since he claimed to not be paid that earlier on and we're paying Kessie's agent 10m for commission.
That being said, I think we can replace him with a good winger on lesser wage so he becomes a financial burden for another club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why didn't he announce his departure yet?

Are we still convinving him to stay?

Same reason none of the other high profile free agents have announced their moves yet, or even signed a contract and only made handshake agreements.

Want to do it when the season ends. He reportedly has a verbal agreement with PSG but not signed anything yet anyway.

Andresito

Staff member
Sure Euros played a part and it was always speculated in media, but Donnarumma's announcement came so late that he actually was a free agent for a short while. No need to hurry for Dembele really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans