Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Noticed he tend to back up sometimes when he has a player 1v1 with space in front of him. Just take him on.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Noticed he tend to back up sometimes when he has a player 1v1 with space in front of him. Just take him on.

I miss the old Dembele who would murder his fullback every time. Granted, he would do something useful after that only 1/10 times. But now he is becoming too cautious when he can kill the fullback. He is also being more "careful" even when he takes the fullback on, with his decisive touch often being not one to go past his man for good but more so to create space for a cross.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele might learn to shoot again once Xavi is done re-wiring him.

I miss the old Dembele who would murder his fullback every time. Granted, he would do something useful after that only 1/10 times. But now he is becoming too cautious when he can kill the fullback. He is also being more "careful" even when he takes the fullback on, with his decisive touch often being not one to go past his man for good but more so to create space for a cross.

Yeah. It's not a bad change to be honest since he has a simplified role now where he excels at what he does, but if he can get the balance right he could easily turn into a world class winger.

fergus90

Assist machine. It would of been nice if he carried on that run toward goal instead of the lay off to Auba but he's contributing massively to this team.

Sailor Mars

At his core, he is fundamentally just a playmaker rather than a winger taking on players and making runs in behind.

Even the few games he played when healthy alongside Messi and Suarez, it was sometimes frustrating to watch him standing rather than moving to receive a throughball from Messi.

Dortmund fans also mentioned that he was used as more of a attacking midfielder on the right by Tuchel as well.

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi probably wasn't so happy he lost so many balls easily. Probably working on when to try and when not to. Seems to be working in my eyes. He is making less stupid challenges and bad touches in general.

His game has become more calculated and effective in a way. He even defends these days. Before Xavi he was very bad at it.

He has made big strides forward the past few months.

OVI9323

Absolutely love this version of dembele, less exciting but far more efficient.

He's a true example of how important a coach can be in the developpement of a player

FinBarcelonafan

Absolutely love this version of dembele, less exciting but far more efficient.

He's a true example of how important a coach can be in the developpement of a player

Exactly well said. He is not as crazy but way more effective.
I am sure they will fix his scoring next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans