Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He has always been a creative player and played intelligent balls even back in 2018, just with a far higher turnover rate. What we're seeing now is him maturing at the expense of being a less exciting player. Hardly goes for the dribbling slalom these days.

Tackle

Was sloppy at times, but started the moves for the only two good passing actions we had in their final third. One resulted in a goal.

Nello

Adama is a pretty limited player compared to Dembouz. Really highlights how much more he brings to our game besides pace and dribbling.

Andresito

Staff member
We need a playmaking winger if Ferran and Auba play. A player who can drop down a step and play short passes. Dembele is that type of player, whether he does it good enough or not, depends on the game. Very hot and cold.

BusiTheKing

Hasn't really found the balance yet. These days I want him to dribble more, to go for the extra more often. He seems a bit subdued. Maybe trying to avoid injury.

Laplacian

Hasn't really found the balance yet. These days I want him to dribble more, to go for the extra more often. He seems a bit subdued. Maybe trying to avoid injury.

He's turned into a boring forward. At least back when he could barely pass in 2017-2019 he was super exciting to watch dribbling wise. Much more flexible and agile with his body,

I want Raphinha so bad. I want some excitement in this team.

Horatio

You're welcome
He's turned into a boring forward. At least back when he could barely pass in 2017-2019 he was super exciting to watch dribbling wise. Much more flexible and agile with his body,

I want Raphinha so bad. I want some excitement in this team.

Nah this Dembele more enjoyable to watch. Only thing you are missing is the occasional wide shot trying to score.

OVI9323

I like this version of Dembele way more as before... well more composed and i can now see him be at least a good system player.

Maybe not world class but at least good player if he stay fit and can correct his main flaws

gregorrin10

I like this version of Dembele way more as before... well more composed and i can now see him be at least a good system player.

Maybe not world class but at least good player if he stay fit and can correct his main flaws

If only he (and his agent) would value himself more like that and stay realistic in their wage demands. I feel like those comments made by Laporta and Xavi about Dembele having the potential to be the best player in the world have come back to haunt us. I get what they were trying to do, and I get that Xavi really likes him (and in this form he is really easy to like and excite you, but it's easy to get over excited, especially in this day and age, when the overreactions based on one game about players are ridiculous).

And with these types of personalities it's better to undervalue and make him work for the praise, not the other way around. For 8-10M per year and a shorter three year contract to stay careful regarding his injuries, he's worth keeping, anything more he just isn't worth it. Maybe those reports about him wanting 20M are false, but I'm sure he and his agent won't accept anything less than 12M per year, probably even closer to 15M, not to mention the ridiculous signing bonus or whatever else add ons he and especially his agent are looking for. We can easily get another good system player (Raphinha) for the money Dembele was supposed to take, if he didn't overrate himself.

feggydinho

If only he (and his agent) would value himself more like that and stay realistic in their wage demands. I feel like those comments made by Laporta and Xavi about Dembele having the potential to be the best player in the world have come back to haunt us. I get what they were trying to do, and I get that Xavi really likes him (and in this form he is really easy to like and excite you, but it's easy to get over excited, especially in this day and age, when the overreactions based on one game about players are ridiculous).

And with these types of personalities it's better to undervalue and make him work for the praise, not the other way around. For 8-10M per year and a shorter three year contract to stay careful regarding his injuries, he's worth keeping, anything more he just isn't worth it. Maybe those reports about him wanting 20M are false, but I'm sure he and his agent won't accept anything less than 12M per year, probably even closer to 15M, not to mention the ridiculous signing bonus or whatever else add ons he and especially his agent are looking for. We can easily get another good system player (Raphinha) for the money Dembele was supposed to take, if he didn't overrate himself.

I don't think him rejecting our lower-wage offer has anything to do with the praises, it mostly has to do with how much he values himself in this market and his hype. If he and his agent rank him alongside the likes of Sancho, Coman, Sane and other good wingers then it makes sense for him to demand a wage within that bracket. I never saw him accepting that much of a wage cut, hence why I think he's already gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans