Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVI9323

He should keep on with the cross, the only thing he's almost good with his vision (sometimes)
Maybe he'll improve his shooting one day (A dream is the fuel of an human spirit) but for now he should stick to cross.
He would waste too many potential goal if he take his chances...

FinBarcelonafan

He should keep on with the cross, the only thing he's almost good with his vision (sometimes)
Maybe he'll improve his shooting one day (A dream is the fuel of an human spirit) but for now he should stick to cross.
He would waste too many potential goal if he take his chances...

Real was able to improve Vinicius finishing, why can't Barca Dembeles?

OVI9323

Fin, it's good to see your optimism but we saw Vinicius evolve in a Year span. He was already a different player far more composed at the end of last season, but for dembele it's now 3 years (I'm nice with him and retrieve 2 years for the injury) and he's still not efficient at all.

1 goal in an injury less season is unaceptable at this level. Just look at the difference with Fati, even Ferran whose play isn't majestic (too say the less) score a lot more (and no this is not because Xavi's instructions), we saw Dembele take his chances several time this season but he seems to like Elon Musk and try his best to sponsor the Dodge "Too the moon" project.

I was one of the most fervent Dembele fan but this injury less year confirmed that he's not good enough for this level. Let just try another player, maybe he'll not be as "electric" but at least we would maybe have a complete and reliable player (and i'm not even speaking about his salary inquiries for the renewal)

serghei

Fin, it's good to see your optimism but we saw Vinicius evolve in a Year span. He was already a different player far more composed at the end of last season, but for dembele it's now 3 years (I'm nice with him and retrieve 2 years for the injury) and he's still not efficient at all.

1 goal in an injury less season is unaceptable at this level. Just look at the difference with Fati, even Ferran whose play isn't majestic (too say the less) score a lot more (and no this is not because Xavi's instructions), we saw Dembele take his chances several time this season but he seems to like Elon Musk and try his best to sponsor the Dodge "Too the moon" project.

I was one of the most fervent Dembele fan but this injury less year confirmed that he's not good enough for this level. Let just try another player, maybe he'll not be as "electric" but at least we would maybe have a complete and reliable player (and i'm not even speaking about his salary inquiries for the renewal)

Well said. He's just not good or smart enough. All he really has is pace at a top-level. Everything else is Valencia level. I even think someone like Guedes is better than him.

So actually getting rid of him hopefully allows us to improve a position in the team.

feggydinho

Spot on, it's just not working with Dembele and I think it'll be unwise for him not to take that massive offer from PSG cause I don't see him playing to that level here at all, even if he renews so that makes it a very easy decision to me, the best thing for him to do is to take the money and chill in France (playing or injured with less talk about transfer fee) so we can focus on getting a replacement there that scores and makes less mistakes. I don't know what he's waiting for cause it's a win-win for all.

Porque

Vini had finishing in his boots in Brazil. Dembele never really had that technically.

Now, what I think we can look forward to and expect is for Ferran to stop snatching at shots, lift his head and have his G+A explode next season. That will be our Vinicius productivity increase.

MTL_Barca

Yeah he'll never be someone scoring lot's of goals, doesn't have the movement and shooting technique for that. Still can produce numbers though, depsite the meme of just scoring one league goal his 10 assists aren't too shabby considering he only played ~1300 mins.

But that's probably as good as it's gonna get with him. Lot's of lost balls and wasted chances, but could add up to 20-25 G+A in a full league season just by sheer amount of actions.

Ferran is more likely to significantly up his goals, he has the movement to frequently get into good scoring positions. So far he was pretty wasteful, but he wouldn't be the first one to get a good run where everything works and for him that would "just" mean scoring the majority of the load of big chances he get's. Not guranteed but imo more likely than Dembele suddenly changing his whole playstyle.

Co0ter

Dembele cant even get a shot on net. Like I've said, the only reason to keep him would be that despite his wages, he'd still be cheaper than buying Rafinha with a fee and paying Rafinha's wages. We have so many vital positions to reinforce unfortunately. We need to be wise with our money.

serghei

Yeah he'll never be someone scoring lot's of goals, doesn't have the movement and shooting technique for that. Still can produce numbers though, depsite the meme of just scoring one league goal his 10 assists aren't too shabby considering he only played ~1300 mins.

But that's probably as good as it's gonna get with him. Lot's of lost balls and wasted chances, but could add up to 20-25 G+A in a full league season just by sheer amount of actions.

Ferran is more likely to significantly up his goals, he has the movement to frequently get into good scoring positions. So far he was pretty wasteful, but he wouldn't be the first one to get a good run where everything works and for him that would "just" mean scoring the majority of the load of big chances he get's. Not guranteed but imo more likely than Dembele suddenly changing his whole playstyle.

:lol:

I'm fine with not scoring as many goals as wingers like Mbappe.

How about matching Jutgla though.

Imagine being this supposed top-class winger and having fewer goals than fucking turtle Busquets.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Dembele cant even get a shot on net. Like I've said, the only reason to keep him would be that despite his wages, he'd still be cheaper than buying Rafinha with a fee and paying Rafinha's wages. We have so many vital positions to reinforce unfortunately. We need to be wise with our money.

I don't really trust Raphinha cause he could be another Trincao for all we know, but we need something different so I'm open to us getting him and hoping for the best

MTL_Barca

If Leeds get's relegated and Raphinha actually has a 25M clause he'd probably cost less per year than Dembele.

But i guess club would like to get both, because Adama won't stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans