Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo32

Passing accuracy is a mostly useless stat, don't know why you always bring it up.

Care to elaborate?
If you sleepishly watch games and only afterwards care about who scored the goals or was involved in goals in order to post one-liners here, then to you it is useless...

I think it goes hand in hand with players I like and rate, and it was striking to see that Real Madrid lack the sub-80 players completely. They are headed towards 90p, a good season for them.

...But I look forward to your explanation

JamDav1982

Pass accuracy on its own is meaningless.

Look at Puig in some games where he is useless and making first open pass he sees.

No decent club in world is looking at that thinking they wanting that in their team.

Joan

Care to elaborate?
If you sleepishly watch games and only afterwards care about who scored the goals or was involved in goals in order to post one-liners here, then to you it is useless...

I think it goes hand in hand with players I like and rate, and it was striking to see that Real Madrid lack the sub-80 players completely. They are headed towards 90p, a good season for them.

...But I look forward to your explanation

Diss anyone who possibly disagrees with you and call him ignoramus who only posts one liners before pretending you care about his opinion. Oh, forgot a step. Call others out for being passive aggressive in other threads. Never change, Bobo…

On topic, rather rudimentary stat which is heavily dependant on a role a player in question has and the way his team is set up. Meaningless without a context, useless on small samples (like one match). Lower pass accuracy can very well come from a player being instructed to risk more and in the end be better for a team than higher pass accuracy ceteris paribus.

Useful as a rough measure but there are better stats these days that tell more.

Iniesta Ultra

Ferrans finishing is much superior to Dembeles at least. Maybe if Dembele was able to finish as well as make good runs, Ferran Torres would be on 13 assists.

How many times have we seen Dembele and Torres attempt assists to each other? Rarely no, Xavicross keeps them very far apart.

feggydinho

Busquets to Messi was brilliant, an assist that Dembele would never do.

Dembele is on 13 assists according to fbref. Jordi Alba is on 12, but scored once more than Dembele.

It is true that Dembele only played around half the minutes this season, but it would make sense that he'd regress to his mean when playing more minutes, last season he registered 5 assists playing 2700 minutes, the season before that 0 assists, and then 7 and 8 respectively the seasons before that.

He is on 0,34 assists per game over his Barcelona career, which is a very decent number in isolation. He is on 0,61 this season which is an outlier compared to previous seasons.
He is on 73,0% pass completion this season. Depay numbers. 77,4% over his Barcelona career.
Compare to the champions Real Madrid and no player who played more than four games are under 81% pass completion over this season. Benzema has a better assist per game this season compared to Dembeles overall number, Marcelo too, Vinicius Junior is on 0,32 so similar.

Ferrans finishing is much superior to Dembeles at least. Maybe if Dembele was able to finish as well as make good runs, Ferran Torres would be on 13 assists.

So do you think we're better of with Raphina or Ferran as a winger instead of Dembele with this your analysis?

Bobo32

Useful as a rough measure.

Sort of like your post, amirite?
Don't post a sneedy one-liner where you critique my post without explaining why, and I won't reply like that. Also it helps to quote if you want to talk, I saw it anyway now but it is a bit rude-looking to me.

I usually bring the numbers into context, I am aware that Dembele is instructed to take risks. Are those celebrating his 13 assists really aware?

I brought absolute numbers of failed passes in games into this thread earlier. It was over 20 missed passes per game in this period of the season when the team relied on him to create, when he didn't create shit, and the team lost out on both the EL and the little hope there was about the league. I think if you took everything into account, he lost possession for the team around 40 times in a single game. In another game, he missed more than half of his passes, something unheard of.

Bobo32

So do you think we're better of with Raphina or Ferran as a winger instead of Dembele with this your analysis?

Haven't seen enough of Raphinha to tell, but I guess he is coming?
If Ferran and Fati can play I think it is enough, someone like Gavi or Pedri could complete the front 3 in the current squad. My dream is Bernardo Silva comes, a front three with Ferran, Fati and Silva would be very good I think.

Adama Traore is on roughly the same assists per minute as Dembele. I think he never got into rhythm in Barcelona and could play a little better if he got to play more too, but I already prefer him to Dembele as I think he is more predictable and loses out on the ball in more predictable places. He is even worse than Dembele in passing percentage though, and far from a favourite for me. But he is playing the same role and doing it with about the same output. He is a bit cheaper...

Joan

Sort of like your post, amirite?
Don't post a sneedy one-liner where you critique my post without explaining why, and I won't reply like that. Also it helps to quote if you want to talk, I saw it anyway now but it is a bit rude-looking to me.
It’s an unwritten rule on forums that you don’t quote if there are no posts between yours and the post you’re replying to.

It wasn’t a shady one liner either, I still think you give more value to pass accuracy numbers than it’s due. For instance, Dembele is trying 6.08 crosses per 90 minutes in the league while his career high was 3.57, I excluded the 19-20 season because he barely played. He is averaging 37.9 successful passes out of 51.6 attempted. Noticeable that his accuracy takes a blow due to him crossing more (look at detailed numbers). Vinicius, on the contrary, attempts 1.83, and Rodrygo 1.63 crosses per 90 minutes in the league. Different situations and lack of context before comparing.

Another thing, I see you’re comparing Adama’s assist tally to Dembele’s in a post bellow. You ignore the sample size and come to a conclusion that Adama could replace Dembele when that’s never happening.
I usually bring the numbers into context, I am aware that Dembele is instructed to take risks. Are those celebrating his 13 assists really aware?

I brought absolute numbers of failed passes in games into this thread earlier. It was over 20 missed passes per game in this period of the season when the team relied on him to create, when he didn't create shit, and the team lost out on both the EL and the little hope there was about the league. I think if you took everything into account, he lost possession for the team around 40 times in a single game. In another game, he missed more than half of his passes, something unheard of.
Dembele losing possession 40 times in one match or missing more than half of passes in the other tell us what exactly? That he’s no Messi?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

If Xavi wants Bernardo it is to play in that AM/between the lines role that Pedri does and few others of them can.

Personally dont like him asking two CMs to do that as leaves Busquets isolated and takes away midfield dominating game.

Birdy

Dembele losing possession 40 times in one match or missing more than half passes in the other tell us what exactly? That he’s no Messi?

Wingers for Bobo should play like DMs and CMs: not lose possession.
No matter how shitty they are in creating something

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Or even better: be replaced by CMs and DMs.

Suprised he didn't like koemans Tactics of Paying 3 10s allowing teams to press with high lines without fear of Getting hit on the counter. Maybe you guys are right and 10s are too attacking and not sterile Enough in possession and he would of much preffered the cm and dm playing there.

He's just a master troll similar to a few other posters we have with ridiculous takes, best left ignored and in their own little world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans