Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo32

LMAOL:lol:

Your reading is what is shitty, or I should say totally dumb?

If a player gives you per 90 min 3 key passes X 0.18 xA on average
it means that he gives you more or less 0.62 xG created from his feet every game, which is an insane number.
Or to put it differently he gives you 2 clear-cut chances per game that a competent finisher converts any day of the week.

So Dembele serves on average 2 goals on the plate for attackers to finish.

Yup indeed VERY DUMP
not the player, but the idiots here doubting him:lol:

I misread nothing. If you took the time to actually read what you replied to and think for a while instead of only understanding it went against your feelings and replying hysterically like this, it might be more worth talking to you!

Your not so excellent calculation gave 0,08 xA to Dembele for free out of thin air.
And your not so excellent reading of the graph gave him another 0,05 roughly.
The correct number for Dembele according to that picture looks to be somewhere around 2,9 x 0,17 = 0,493. Fbref have him on 0,5.

His 0,5 expected assists per game is good in isolation. It is much better than his previous seasons. It has to be measured against his role in the team, as I wrote. It is also taken from 1375 minutes so not a very large sample size, likely to regress towards the 0,32 he is on over his entire Barcelona career.

And no, the players he "serves goals on the plate" for in between all the free balls he gives to the guys on the stands and in the streets are already overperforming their xG given to them by Dembele massively.

Birdy

It is also taken from 1375 minutes so not a very large sample size, likely to regress towards the 0,32 he is on over his entire Barcelona career.

And no, the players he "serves goals on the plate" for in between all the free balls he gives to the guys on the stands and in the streets are already overperforming their xG given to them by Dembele massively.

So you are a clairvoyant now?
How do you know that it will drop?
I say it will even increase -> first coach that uses Dembele properly and to his abilities after Thomas Tuchel is Xavi. More likely to see even bigger explosion than the opposite.

Who is overperforming their xG?
Haven't seen that.
I saw Auba missing two sitters served by Dembouz against shitty Eintracht at Camp Nou, and the fate of the game and competition could have been different.

This is what a differential player does: he makes the difference, creates something out of nothing when the team is blocked, which can win you games

Bobo32

So you are a clairvoyant now?
How do you know that it will drop?
I say it will even increase -> first coach that uses Dembele properly and to his abilities after Thomas Tuchel is Xavi. More likely to see even bigger explosion than the opposite.

Who is overperforming their xG?
Haven't seen that.
I saw Auba missing two sitters served by Dembouz against shitty Eintracht at Camp Nou, and the fate of the game and competition could have been different.

This is what a differential player does: he makes the difference, creates something out of nothing when the team is blocked, which can win you games

No, I am someone who can read, calculate and draw conclusions. Here I make an easy prediction based on the available statistics that Dembeles stats will regress to its mean. We will see whether that shows to be correct, or if it will be as you believe, that these outlier stats recently will become his new level.

The players shooting on Dembeles passes outperform their xG this season. Dembele has gotten 0,85 assists per 90 from his 0,5 xA, a much larger difference than what would be expected.

Oh, that's the game vs Frankfurt where Dembele passed the ball away 24 times, was dispossessed 4 times, failed to receive the ball 6 times, failed to shoot at all, fouled the opponents twice and got a yellow card. With a little luck he could've gotten an assist there and with a lot of luck he could've gotten two assists, but it was hardly two sitters. Three good crosses in an overall pretty terrible performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOsm5sjeL4

feggydinho

No, I am someone who can read, calculate and draw conclusions. Here I make an easy prediction based on the available statistics that Dembeles stats will regress to its mean. We will see whether that shows to be correct, or if it will be as you believe, that these outlier stats recently will become his new level.

The players shooting on Dembeles passes outperform their xG this season. Dembele has gotten 0,85 assists per 90 from his 0,5 xA, a much larger difference than what would be expected.

Oh, that's the game vs Frankfurt where Dembele passed the ball away 24 times, was dispossessed 4 times, failed to receive the ball 6 times, failed to shoot at all, fouled the opponents twice and got a yellow card. With a little luck he could've gotten an assist there and with a lot of luck he could've gotten two assists, but it was hardly two sitters. Three good crosses in an overall pretty terrible performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOsm5sjeL4

No other forward was able to create clear chances in that game, only Dembele did, our Celta Vigo game would've also gone that way if Dembele wasn't involved and we saw how our last game against Getafe was (mind you, Celia Vigo is a better team than Getafe) anyways we're looking forward now so have to replace him adequately when he leaves cause we clearly can't trust the other forwards here to do that

Bobo32

No other forward was able to create clear chances in that game, only Dembele did, our Celta Vigo game would've also gone that way if Dembele wasn't involved and we saw how our last game against Getafe was (mind you, Celia Vigo is a better team than Getafe) anyways we're looking forward now so have to replace him adequately when he leaves cause we clearly can't trust the other forwards here to do that

If Dembele didn't lose the ball those literal 34 times, and didn't make such bad or forcing decisions the times he didn't lose the ball, you could be pretty sure that Barcelona would create some chances still. If another player had the license to play like Dembele, you could be just as sure that he'd be the one behind most of the clear chances created.

The Getafe game was an anomaly, a strange game where both sides were satisfied with 0-0 pretty much from the start and it was all about not risking anything.

How did the games vs Rayo Vallecano and Cadiz go? I can tell you that Dembele played the full 90 in both of these 0-1 defeats, with no assists or goals obviously, but with 35 and 37 ball losses respectively. xA was 0,6 and 0,1 and xG was 0,3 and 0,5 for him in these games.

Bobo32

Dembele is a "joker player" without a hint of "DNA", licensed to fail as much as he likes in order to be the spark for the team. His creation numbers will be heavily doped, especially since Barcelona are very competent in getting him the ball, there are few games where Barcelona don't hold at least 60% of the ball, and the entirety of the plan is pretty much to give it to Dembele to create.

He is a decent player for that role, if you want to play like that. He is just as unpredictable for the opponents as he is to himself, and he is fast, agile, "awkward", and can deliver fast (if very inaccurate) balls with both feet. It is a pretty shit way to build a team around a player like that though, and given his injury history, disciplinary problems, price, and obvious hesitation to sign a new contract, it is just a no-brainer to get rid of him as soon as possible.

That he delivered 13 assists and 2 goals this season, playing in this role, means close to nothing.

feggydinho

If Dembele didn't lose the ball those literal 34 times, and didn't make such bad or forcing decisions the times he didn't lose the ball, you could be pretty sure that Barcelona would create some chances still. If another player had the license to play like Dembele, you could be just as sure that he'd be the one behind most of the clear chances created.

The Getafe game was an anomaly, a strange game where both sides were satisfied with 0-0 pretty much from the start and it was all about not risking anything.

How did the games vs Rayo Vallecano and Cadiz go? I can tell you that Dembele played the full 90 in both of these 0-1 defeats, with no assists or goals obviously, but with 35 and 37 ball losses respectively. xA was 0,6 and 0,1 and xG was 0,3 and 0,5 for him in these games.

I'm pretty sure he created the most chances in at least one of the two games, and Xavi singled out dembele for praise after the Cadiz loss, he also had the best rating in that game. One more thing, we had 18 shots in each of those games with at least 6 on target but against Getafe we only had 5 shots with 1 on target, you could also see the copa del ray match we lost against Bilbao when we refused playing him, and we had like 7 shots and 3 on targets, so he surely has influence on our present squad. Anyways he'll be gone very soon, so no need to worry too much

Last edited:

Bobo32

I'm pretty sure he created the most chances in at least one of the two games, and Xavi singled out dembele for praise after the Cadiz loss, he also had the best rating in that game. One more thing, we had 18 shots in each of those games with at least 6 on target but against Getafe we only had 5 shots with 1 on target, you could also see the copa del ray match we lost against Bilbao when we refused playing him, and we had like 7 shots and 3 on targets, so he surely had influence. Anyways he'll be gone very soon, so no need to worry too much

But I just gave you the relevant stats though :(

And as I said, Getafe was a special situation, don't bring that into it all. My point stands just as steadfast. Of course he should create the most, that's his literal job. I don't defend MatS with "he saved the most shots though" when he is criticized.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It's quite simple, he's just not good enough. Whilst other forwards are busy scoring goals and making their teams challenge for and/or win titles, Ousmanes Barca forum entourage are busy wanking over his progressive carries and 4 key crosses a match. Well when it's difficult to watch and call what he does on pitch quality, it's easy to see why they rely on excel spreadsheets. How else would you convince yourself?

Frances squad already has great passers of the ball, why would they want a forward whose only good quality is crossing the ball from the sidelines? Forwards are supposed to be inside the box, or carry the ball into it in order to score goals.

There's no space in that quality team for a glorified wingback. They'll just go for the actual lethal forwards, because unlike Barcelona they're not so desperate to settle for Dembele. They want to win titles, they don't want someone completely vanish in big games like Ousmane does for us.

Plus whenever he's called up he's always shit for France.

As usual you talk a lot without checking first. France are using a back three system lately with a literal attacking wingback on the right, usually Coman, to accommodate Griezmann, Mbappe and Benzema?s central preferences. Dembele would fit that role well. Deschamps likes him and called him up even when he was much worse. My guess is he is wary of calling him up because Dembele got his latest big injury in the EUROs.

Bobo32

It is so dishonest or stupid to claim stuff like "Dembele created the most chances". If you let Pedri, Frenkie, Aubameyang and Torres also lose the ball 30-40 times per game that equals 150-200 ball losses per game, just from them. That equals twice per minute, without taking the other half of the team into account. Do you think you can build a successful, winning, football team from that?

His assists need to be seen in relation to his risk taking and job description. I don't think he has played well. His goal record is terrible whatever way you look at it, but if you consider that only Fati and Luuk de Jong shoot more often than him you realize just how bad that part of his game has been this season.

feggydinho

But I just gave you the relevant stats though :(

And as I said, Getafe was a special situation, don't bring that into it all. My point stands just as steadfast. Of course he should create the most, that's his literal job. I don't defend MatS with "he saved the most shots though" when he is criticized.

I brought Getafe and Bilbao and you can easily see the stats, the highest attempted shots were 7 and 3 on target. It's easy to see that our current squad is better with Dembele than without him, hence why we need to adequately replace him.

feggydinho

It is so dishonest or stupid to claim stuff like "Dembele created the most chances". If you let Pedri, Frenkie, Aubameyang and Torres also lose the ball 30-40 times per game that equals 150-200 ball losses per game, just from them. That equals twice per minute, without taking the other half of the team into account. Do you think you can build a successful, winning, football team from that?

His assists need to be seen in relation to his risk taking and job description. I don't think he has played well. His goal record is terrible whatever way you look at it, but if you consider that only Fati and Luuk de Jong shoot more often than him you realize just how bad that part of his game has been this season.

Its not dishonest, they just don't have the ability to create like him, they also have what they're better at but he's easily better than them in creating chances, it's not just at Barca, was also good at that in Dortmund and Rennes.

Bobo32

I brought Getafe and Bilbao and you can easily see the stats, the highest attempted shots were 7 and 3 on target. It's easy to see that our current squad is better with Dembele than without him, hence why we need to adequately replace him.

Ah fuck off what a response! And shots taken as the assessment, fuck me!

You who are willing to learn, read my recent posts here carefully!

feggydinho

Ah fuck off what a response! And shots taken as the assessment, fuck me!

You who are willing to learn, read my recent posts here carefully!

Lol, you need to take your advice and read my post with an open mind, not coming with your bias and saying stuffs like Ferran, Auba can create like Dembele if they try loosing the ball as much, I know dembele isn't a good finisher and u don't see me trying to spin off any thing (I simply say what it is), like I said, take your own advice and try reading my my post with an open mind.

vegitot

During Dembele saga, Pedri was Xavi's main creator and he created tons of chances. His number decrease rapidly when Xavi started to use Dembele's cross tactic.

Not taking anything from Dembele as he does his job well. 13 assists are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans