Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

Looks fairly mediocre. They could be out of the top 4 for sure next season.

They won the champions league and almost made a CL comeback with similar profiles, so I don't think they should really be bothered as it mainly boils down to how Tuchel uses them, and he has been doing a decent job so far. They had issues when their fullbacks got injured though

Laplacian

They won the champions league and almost made a CL comeback with similar profiles, so I don't think they should really be bothered as it mainly boils down to how Tuchel uses them, and he has been doing a decent job so far. They had issues when their fullbacks got injured though

They won the champions league despite their forward line, not because of it. In name it should be a great lineup, but they are awful in the EPL.

neither havertz or Werner can score goals, create or dribble.

Mount has decent dribbling ability and can score here and there, 10 goals a season.

Ousmane Dembele has great penetration with his pace and crossing ability, will add creativity but once again he can't score either. Will probably face similar issues to Werner considering he'll face tons of pressing because the EPL is quite fast paced, and that won't be a good fit for his ability to retain possession.

Pulisic has good physical and technical attributes, but he's too dumb to use them properly. So he's ineffective.

Ziyech has great vision, but he is the most lethargic out of all them. No pace, no dribbling ability, and no ability whatsoever to penetrate as a forward against premier league defenses. His profile just doesn't work for either Chelsea or the league in general.

Chelsea did well because of Tuchels tactics, a great midfield core and a great defensive line.

Like serghei said, mediocre to bad forward line. They might find it hard to make top 4 next season.

Scoring goals was a major issue for them last season. Your fullbacks should not be your best goal threats. And this isn't because of tactics, the players simply aren't good enough.

Last edited:

vegitot

Top 4 should be in their hand. Their forward line isn't really good, that's why they need a different maker. Lapalcian describes Dembele perfectly right. But let see how Tuchel deal with his weakness (ball control, technique...)

Laplacian

They were almost caught by arsenal and spurs despite both having terrible runs of form for large stretches of the season. If they both strengthen this summer it is definitely not in their hands.

Also, coaches aren't magicians. Big reason why Werner and Lukaku fail in the premier league is their technique.

Jadentheman

They won the champions league despite their forward line, not because of it. In name it should be a great lineup, but they are awful in the EPL.

neither havertz or Werner can score goals, create or dribble.

Mount has decent dribbling ability and can score here and there, 10 goals a season.

Ousmane Dembele has great penetration with his pace and crossing ability, will add creativity but once again he can't score either. Will probably face similar issues to Werner considering he'll face tons of pressing because the EPL is quite fast paced, and that won't be a good fit for his ability to retain possession.

Pulisic has good physical and technical attributes, but he's too dumb to use them properly. So he's ineffective.

Ziyech has great vision, but he is the most lethargic out of all them. No pace, no dribbling ability, and no ability whatsoever to penetrate as a forward against premier league defenses. His profile just doesn't work for either Chelsea or the league in general.

Chelsea did well because of Tuchels tactics, a great midfield core and a great defensive line.

Like serghei said, mediocre to bad forward line. They might find it hard to make top 4 next season.

Scoring goals was a major issue for them last season. Your fullbacks should not be your best goal threats. And this isn't because of tactics, the players simply aren't good enough.

Because Tucheliban ball got figured out by the teams in the PL. Also Mickey Mount is overrated.

I hate Tucheliban ball btw.

feggydinho

Because Tucheliban ball got figured out by the teams in the PL. Also Mickey Mount is overrated.

I hate Tucheliban ball btw.

He took his team to two finals this season and Liverpool only won both finals on penalties. I watched one of the finals and Chelsea easily outplayed Liverpool in that game before it ended in penalty shoot-out. I still think they would've have a better chance against Madrid in the first leg if their full back was around cause it seems to be really vital to their system. I also think they need to replace Werner with another willing runner that can finish cause Werner misses a lot

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

I'm not sure they're cool with them, otherwise they wouldn't have spent 100m on Lukaku. Goals are the difference between them and Liverpool and City...

Lukaku scored like 25 league goals with Everton. He isn't the problem. Chelsea forwards just don't score in general.

Havertz, Werner, Lukaku, Ziyech etc were all prolific players before they went to Chelsea, now none of them score any goals. You could say its Prem tax but Lukaku already played in and destroyed the Prem when he was very young. Their tactics just don't lead to many goals.

feggydinho

I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the world cup squad for France, cause he'll be a valuable outlet on the right for them. I thought Moussa Diaby would own the right-wing cause his stats for the season were quite impressive, but he wasn't up to the task so I expect him to be dropped if all their players are fit by November.

Birdy

He would absolutely kill it in the EPL.
Tuchel is the coach under which he exploded at BvB, so I expect similar explosion at Chelsea

He deserves to silence the haters in the best league in the world

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well we'll see about that Birdy. You've been wrong a lot lately.

He should start at Chelsea though since their other RW options are bad.

KingLeo10

He would absolutely kill it in the EPL.
Tuchel is the coach under which he exploded at BvB, so I expect similar explosion at Chelsea

He deserves to silence the haters in the best league in the world

He has to be fit for more than 50% of his stay to prove anything to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans