Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't mind him starting out left. It's obvious that he's a lot more comfortable on the RW as he dribbles with his left foot.

But in some games even with Ansu fully fit our best trio is Dembele-Lewandowski-Raphinha.

Dembele & Raphinha could possibly switch sides more, but our flow is better with Raphinha out RW when both are starting and Dembele being allowed to roam around a bit and stay on the left side or come out all the way to combine with Raphinha on the right flank.

Birdy

I don't mind him starting out left. It's obvious that he's a lot more comfortable on the RW as he dribbles with his left foot.

But in some games even with Ansu fully fit our best trio is Dembele-Lewandowski-Raphinha.

Dembele & Raphinha could possibly switch sides more, but our flow is better with Raphinha out RW when both are starting and Dembele being allowed to roam around a bit and stay on the left side or come out all the way to combine with Raphinha on the right flank.

He is ambidextrous. It's just that he uses the left to let the ball roll while he is running with it.
Which means that before the opponents arrives, he is facing diagonally the penalty box from the RW position, so he can assist easier from there

But there are arguments for both sides:
Starting from LW he has scored two crackers (vs Bilbao last season and vs La Real last week), which means he takes shot first time with his left from there and squeezes it in much better than with his right from RW

In any case, I think Raphnia RW and Dembele LW is what works better for the whole, as Raphinia is very limited LW, much more than whatever gain RW gives for Dembele compared to LW

As for Ansu, I still think in the prototypical 4-3-3 of Xavi with RB tucked in and LB up the pitch, an inside forward like Ansu would work wonders.
I expect a Ansu-Lewy-Dembele front 3 to start some time soon.

Devils

We must get rid of the likes of Pique/Alba/Busi/Dest/Ferran etc.. next season and offer Dembele a 5 year contract extension.

It's absolutely essential for the future of this club.

Birdy

We must get rid of the likes of Pique/Alba/Busi/Dest/Ferran etc.. next season and offer Dembele a 5 year contract extension.

Don't know about that.
He needs to change agent first :dembele::alemany:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is ambidextrous. It's just that he uses the left to let the ball roll while he is running with it.
Which means that before the opponents arrives, he is facing diagonally the penalty box from the RW position, so he can assist easier from there

But there are arguments for both sides:
Starting from LW he has scored two crackers (vs Bilbao last season and vs La Real last week), which means he takes shot first time with his left from there and squeezes it in much better than with his right from RW

In any case, I think Raphnia RW and Dembele LW is what works better for the whole, as Raphinia is very limited LW, much more than whatever gain RW gives for Dembele compared to LW

As for Ansu, I still think in the prototypical 4-3-3 of Xavi with RB tucked in and LB up the pitch, an inside forward like Ansu would work wonders.
I expect a Ansu-Lewy-Dembele front 3 to start some time soon.

We'll probably see Ansu/Ferran - Lewandowski - Dembele/Raphinha a fair bit this season, but currently I do not trust Ansu to be able to help with pressing and working hard off the ball in games versus teams like Bayern where you need all of your forwards to contribute with that.

For that reason alone I'd prefer both Dembele and Raphinha to start in such games. Dembele's biggest improvement the past 12 months have definitely been his effort off the ball.

FinBarcelonafan

Not really worried about his extension, if he didn't want to leave now.. he obviously likes it with Barca. He got offers from other top teams.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think he's going to make strides in development. He got an ovation from the fans and got a taste of how rewarding hard work can be.

FinBarcelonafan

Ousmane Demb?l? is Europe's top assister in 2022, with 13 assists to his name.

In second place is Leo Messi, who has 12.

I guess we can all apologize to Laporta and Xavi. The world best playmaker. Vamooosss. It was no BS talk.

Decade of dominance is about to start..

#betterthanMessi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans