Paul Pogba

Barcafan 2304

I think we will see a lot of movement this summer but the board will need to get a few players for different positions so the fee that has been mooted for pogba may be unrealistic

silvia

i have a feeling Lucho and the board already have agreement on Pogba. Lucho likes physical, the board needs a big signing. just a feeling....

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably 100 million after he'd get a crazy haircut and crazier agent.

Joking aside I really do think Roberto is better player (more versatile too) for Barca than Pogba.

Barcafan 2304

Yeah I'm not saying pogba is a poor player but is he a good fit for Barca? I'm inclined to think gundogan or verratti would be better and at a cheaper price to which is important, cos we need a few players next summer

Co0ter

Just like Deulofeu was better than Neymar

Neymar was 20 years old and carrying Santos; he was one of the top goalscorers for the team and the main catalyst. Not to mention his clear class.

Pogba thrived in a team full of superstars who were overwhelmingly better than every other team in the league. Even then, he drifted in and out of games, drawing attention mostly for his fancy footwork and occasional golazo.

Now that some of those big players have left, he is struggling big time and is unable to influence his team.

Roberto has surpassed, easily, every single cules expectations. I admit I didn't expect it either. He's not only been solid as RB but if the last game is anything to judge by he's stepped it up as CM as well. Will he ever be world class, no idea. Probably not. Would I take his current level as a squad player over 100mil Pogba? Absolutely.

Alarcón

Neymar was 20 years old and carrying Santos; he was one of the top goalscorers for the team and the main catalyst. Not to mention his clear class.

Pogba thrived in a team full of superstars who were overwhelmingly better than every other team in the league. Even then, he drifted in and out of games, drawing attention mostly for his fancy footwork and occasional golazo.

Now that some of those big players have left, he is struggling big time and is unable to influence his team.

Roberto has surpassed, easily, every single cules expectations. I admit I didn't expect it either. He's not only been solid as RB but if the last game is anything to judge by he's stepped it up as CM as well. Will he ever be world class, no idea. Probably not. Would I take his current level as a squad player over 100mil Pogba? Absolutely.

The main catalyst in what? The Brazilian league? No offense but I'm not sure carrying an average team in an average league is so much better than standing out in a world class team aged 22. But anyway my point was not that Pogba is just as good as Neymar and Deulofeu just as good as Roberto, just that Barça fans acted exactly the same way back then when confronted with a possible Neymar transfer.

Co0ter

The main catalyst in what? The Brazilian league? No offense but I'm not sure carrying an average team in an average league is so much better than standing out in a world class team aged 22. But anyway my point was not that Pogba is just as good as Neymar and Deulofeu just as good as Roberto, just that Barça fans acted exactly the same way back then when confronted with a possible Neymar transfer.

If you read what you wrote again, I think you might realize it doesn't make sense.

It is a lot more impressive to carry an average team, than to be one of many good players in a stacked team- Pogba wasn't any more important than the other big player at Juventus. If the Brazilian league is average, than what does that make Serie A? Hate to tell you, but Serie A is weak as hell at the moment- and that just makes Pogba's performances with a STACKED team that much less impressive.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans