Paulinho

clemente

Of course he can give something this season, but the problem is his age, it usually takes players a year to settle in barca, then he will be 30 and slow, unmotivated, weak like Arda

Of course he can give something this season, but the problem is his age, it usually takes players a year to settle in barca, then he will be 30 and slow, unmotivated, weak like Arda

Sorry mister, but judging by that description I feel I can assume you don't know much about the Big Dicked Indian. He may not play well for many reason, but he wont be unmotivated, slow or weak for Barça.

El Flaco

People aren't overrating him. They are just trying to find some light in the darkness.

Definitely. In psychology, it's called rationalization a.k.a. making excuses

I still find it absolutely incredible that we activated €40m buyout clause for a 29 y/o dude who played in Chinese League.

Why not paying money on Seri who's already proven as great controller, which we desperately need.

We could've signed the Chilean forward Eduardo Vargas and people would still find a way to justify the transfer.

Like he's a 2x Copa America winner, can provide versatility unlike Paco etc.

Albo

I still find it absolutely incredible that we activated €40m buyout clause for a 29 y/o dude who played in Chinese League.

Why not paying money on Seri who's already proven as great controller, which we desperately need.

We could've signed the Chilean forward Eduardo Vargas and people would still find a way to justify the transfer.

The price is of course ridiculous but Paulinho is a good player if you can find the right role for him.

Batistuta9

He might be a useful player for us. It all depends on what valverde wants. If he wants someone that will put themselves about, covering a lot of ground, put tackles in, he is more suited to that than our other midfielders.

PhilS

Paulinho will be starting for Barca this season. No other midfielder on the roster can contribute to the degree that he can. He will lead all Barca midfielders in scoring this season.

4-1-4-1.
Semedo (after he gets settled) Pique Umtitti Alba
Busquets
S. Roberto Paulinho Messi Dembele
Suarez

Love the bench. True quality: Cilleson, Masch, Iniesta, Rak, Deulo
Other contributors: Vidal, Digne, D. Suarez, Raffish
Suspects: Vermaeien, Gomes, Paco
Gone today or will not play: Munir, Area

Zuti

It's not about if he will prove to be a useful player for us, but about how this transfer was ridiculous all around,( age, price tag, club and league we bought him from), and should have never happened in the first place and in normal circumstances.

JamDav1982

Not sticking up for Paulinho but don't think Seri has proven anything like being a controlling player at Barca.

If he had he most likely wouldn't still be at Nice when just about any half decent team could have gone and got him.

El Flaco

Not sticking up for Paulinho but don't think Seri has proven anything like being a controlling player at Barca.

If he had he most likely wouldn't still be at Nice when just about any half decent team could have gone and got him.

The likes of Roma, Tottenham and many other clubs wanted him during the summer.

But Seri rejected their offers because he specifically wanted to join us at that time.

Also, Seri was about to join PSG in the final hours of window but Ben Arfa didn't want to be a part in the exchange deal.

I'd rather say Seri is definitely more than good enough to be a controller for a club of our stature.

Just a shame that we didn't sign him.

JamDav1982

The likes of Roma, Tottenham and many other clubs wanted him during the summer.

But Seri rejected their offers because he specifically wanted to join us at that time.

Also, Seri was about to join PSG in the final hours of window but Ben Arfa didn't want to be a part in the exchange deal.

I'd rather say Seri is definitely more than good enough to be a controller for a club of our stature.

Just a shame that we didn't sign him.

Any of those clubs could have got him if they wanted him.

Yet he is still at Nice.

Was clear days ago Barca were not signing him and he is still there.

El Flaco

Any of those clubs could have got him if they wanted him.

Yet he is still at Nice.

Again, Seri wasn't interested in any of these clubs and only wanted to join Barça.

He's at Nice because we completely ditched him and his PSG move yesterday broke down due to Ben Arfa.

JamDav1982

Again, Seri wasn't interested in any of these clubs and only wanted to join Barça.

He's at Nice because we completely ditched him and his PSG move yesterday broke down due to Ben Arfa.

Barca turned him down days ago and those teams didn't come back in.

He could easily have still gone somewhere else.

Home of Barca Fans