Paulinho

Windhook

To me he actually scored. Carvajal tried to save the ball with his hand, but eventually it ended in the back of the net.

raskolnikov

To me he actually scored. Carvajal tried to save the ball with his hand, but eventually it ended in the back of the net.

It should have been a goal +yellow. Ref fucked up. But it benefited us better in the end. Plus another epic Messi celebration.

raskolnikov

Impossible to give goal and a yellow. Would be a travesty in terms of refereeing.

I think its the rule to be honest. If he allows play its a goal and yellow for the intend. He cant give a goal + red (even though I agree it should have been the case)

vlad

I can see few of you here have pretty low standards considering you are saying that 40 m for paulinho is great job ( why are you even suprised how bartomeu is still in charge) so lets begin, does barca midfield needs player who can bring control and who can play under pressure? Yes, is paulinho that guy? No, did he had some nice forward passes from midfield yesterday? He had few opportunitis but he was afraid, rakitic no.2 in terms of that, and about defending? in the first half he didnt hold shit, barca midfield was easily surpassed and it was all on s.roberto, stegen, pique, verma and alba, can he improve that? No, because he is already finished player, so what is he bringing? He reads game when it comes to put himself in scoring chance, credits to him because of that, but thats it.

Matuidi for 20 m would be better then paulinho for 40 anytime

Last edited:

Windhook

Impossible to give goal and a yellow. Would be a travesty in terms of refereeing.

Travesty to football is to disallow a regular goal. The rule has to be changed, a goal is the ultimate reward. Not red card. In our case Barca hit the jackpot, both red card and converted penalty, but what if Messi missed and Real Madrid equalised with that Bale fart shot later? I remember James Rodriguez equalising for 2-2 with RM being down to 10 men.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
No he wouldn't be better. Also Paulinho was used centrally in the first half but valverde moved him to the right hand side in the second half and he helped disrupt their build up on the left side in the second half.

Also everyone says the team still needs a controlling player to help iniesta abd busquets but that doesn't mesnpaulinho isn't a good signing. He brings more than matuidi would have.

CatalinR10

I can see few of you here have pretty low standards considering you are saying that 40 m for paulinho is great job ( why are you even suprised how bartomeu is still in charge) so lets begin, does barca midfield needs player who can bring control and who can play under pressure? Yes, is paulinho that guy? No, did he had some nice forward passes from midfield yesterday? He had few opportunitis but he was afraid, rakitic no.2 in terms of that, and about defending? in the first half he didnt hold shit, barca midfield was easily surpassed and it was all on s.roberto, stegen, pique, verma and alba, can he improve that? No, because he is already finished player, so what is he bringing? He reads game when it comes to put himself in scoring chance, credits to him because of that, but thats it.

giphy.gif

Total-Football

started off with some interesting questions .. But hard to take the post serious with the last sentence

ronniecro

sssh,you can't say anything negative regarding paulinho

serghei

I think its the rule to be honest. If he allows play its a goal and yellow for the intend. He cant give a goal + red (even though I agree it should have been the case)

As soon as there is a red card offense the ref has to stop the game and give the red. He can't wait to see if the ball gets in or not in a subsequent play. However, even if he did that, red card is mandatory for Carvajal, for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity deliberately by using his hand.

Red and penalty is a better call than goal and yellow imo in this situation. Because goal and yellow gets Carvajal exonerated from a red card offense.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, I agree with that.

However the best rule would have been red and a goal. If the ball is heading in and stopped deliberately by using your hand, it should automatically be ruled a goal and a red card. Like Suarez v Ghana in ET in the WC 2010. He was sent off and Ghana missed the penalty. Obviously you can say it's their fault for missing that chance, but had Suarez not stopped the ball it would have been a goal and they would have gone through.

It's one of those rules where one team is still let off the hook in some way. If it's ruled a goal, you can only get a yellow card. If not, you get sent off, but it present a chance for your GK to save the penalty whereas it would have been a clear goal had you not saved it with your hand.

Last edited:

serghei

It's one of those rules where one team is still let off the hook in some way. If it's ruled a goal, you can only get a yellow card. If not, you get sent off, but it present a chance for your GK to save the penalty whereas it would have been a clear goal had you not saved it with your hand.

Penalty and red ford the offender is more advantageous for the receiving team in 90% of the cases. Exception being incidents that occur very late in the game. Best would be for refs to decide which situation is more favorable for the team that is cheated. If an incident like the Carvajal one happens at 1-1 in 90+3 min injury time, then give the goal, as one man extra for a couple of seconds is irrelevant. If it happens in min. 60 like it did vs Madrid, stop the play, send him off and give a penalty.

Horatio

You're welcome
How about this? Hands that saved the ball from going in is still a goal + no card for the players. That way players will stop trying anyway and it won't give the receiving team too much of an advantage. Controversial solution. I know.

God Serena

How about this? Hands that saved the ball from going in is still a goal + no card for the players. That way players will stop trying anyway and it won't give the receiving team too much of an advantage. Controversial solution. I know.

If the ball doesn't go in there's no goal. Period. There is no "It was going to go in" in referee land. The ball could be going dead center into an open net and someone's dog could run on the field and get killed out of nowhere. You never know what's gonna happen. It's not a goal until it's a goal.

Home of Barca Fans