Pedro Rodriguez

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'd say it's a case of the players being at different stages in their evolution.

pedro is 22.

bojan is 19.

Actually ability-wise they should be near the same level, Pedro is just more physically (and most likely mentally) developed but was nowhere near the hyped prodigy Bojan was, he basically came out of nowhere (I remember "Pedrito"'s debut for the first team clearly, he was already 20 at the time but that was the season he basically exploded from being a middle of the road talent to one of Barca B's more promising players)...he might be 22 but he's developing at a speed that shows he still has a lot of growth ahead of him. I'm not saying the skys the limit ceiling wise but he could easily be capable of more than most of us expected.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Maicon is highly regarded as the best RB in the world. Well Pedro made him look ordinary, he outplayed him with ease. He's a top drawer player.

It's actually very interesting how easily Pedrito had his way with Maicon...And you could see after a few series that Maicon was lying deeper and not closing Pedrito down as a result...Pretty impressive stuff from the lad

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yeah, normally I'd agree with that...Except, it's more than that...Pedrito at 22 isn't the same player that he was at 21, for Barca...Not by a longshot, IMHO...Plus, Leo is now 22...What he was doing at 17 dwarfs what many do in their prime...Age, it's only one part of the story.

which is exactly my point.

players generally come of age around 22/23. even if they've been great as a teen, that is when they grow up and gain a level of consistency that makes them into a functionable adult player.

this was even the case with messi.

Actually ability-wise they should be near the same level, Pedro is just more physically (and most likely mentally) developed but was nowhere near the hyped prodigy Bojan was, he basically came out of nowhere (I remember "Pedrito"'s debut for the first team clearly, he was already 20 at the time but that was the season he basically exploded from being a middle of the road talent to one of Barca B's more promising players)...he might be 22 but he's developing at a speed that shows he still has a lot of growth ahead of him. I'm not saying the skys the limit ceiling wise but he could easily be capable of more than most of us expected.

yes bojan has more ability (and this is obvious when he takes the field) but he's still a kid. we don't NEED him to perform (and even then, when he starts, he generally does) and pep isn't inclined to put pressure on him to do so at the age of 19. he'll be allowed to grow at a sensible rate and around 22/23 we'll see him come out of his shell.

desoe

That's the main thing about Bojan, people just forget how much young he still is. Shined too early and got ahead of the time. I'm actually not sure that many people even know what's his exact age, maybe some of them think that he's 21-22 already.

SoMa

wow, i didn't know Pedro was the same age as Messi, puts things into perspective of how good Messi really is, most people consider him an expert by now.... while Pedro who is still awesome is only considered an "upcoming talent" straight from La Masia.

Also, Bojan will mature, give him a year or two, not everyone can develop like Messi did. I see Bojan folowing Iniesta's developing pace rather than Messi's.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Bojan has really packed on the mucle and filled out, I think he probably weighs about a stone and a half more than when he came through under Frank. He may also be a victim of his own performances that season, because as far as I can see he would be better off as a B team player since he would still get the Copa minutes and may actually have more chance to impress Pep n actual matches.

BARCA-kt

Barca don't need to buy any winger. Pedro the best choice to replace henry. Give him maybe 1 more year, he will become top class player who represent spain. This kid will make sergio ramos like a noob again in el clasico :D JAJAJAJA

beef-supreme

Bojan has really packed on the mucle and filled out, I think he probably weighs about a stone and a half more than when he came through under Frank. He may also be a victim of his own performances that season, because as far as I can see he would be better off as a B team player since he would still get the Copa minutes and may actually have more chance to impress Pep n actual matches.

I was beginning to wonder whether I was just crazy, I thought I was the only one to notice...
Thankfully I got a few snaps of him, one at the gym and one on La Rambla the other day.
View attachment 1126
View attachment 1127

Shows some signs of muscular improvement.

I

Isaac Jumbo

I love barca and I love pedro infact he is our saviour I belive that with God we will win mardried

C

csidle

No god will play a part in a part in Barca's 4-1 victory on Sunday, unless your consider Pep and Cryuff gods.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Many have said that he "only" scores goals, well tonight he popped up with the assist for the winning goal and for me he's earnt a place in the starting XI ahead of Kermit who continues to show his 07/08 form.

Home of Barca Fans