Pedro Rodriguez

O

oyetunde

wel i hope this ends all talk of robinho cause this kid is better

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pedro: 8 - He has made Barcelona's left side his own. An absolute joy to watch, the 22-year-old scored a lovely goal, crafted a number of good crosses and at times made Maicon and Javier Zanetti look like amateurs. One wonders why Barcelona wanted to buy David Silva in the summer when they have an absolute gem in Pedro.

This was what Goal.com had to say about the young winger. I was really shocked to see the way he totally skinned Maicon, the BEST RB in the world, time and again!! SWEET surprise :)
I was one of the many who always doubted him in the beginning of the season. When he scored goals I thought he's like a poacher, who knows where to be at the right time when needed but cannot involve much in our fast-pace passing game!! But after watching today's match I take all my predictions about him back. VERY VERY SATISFIED with him. I'd not recommend any more wingers ahead of Pedro & would like it if he gets more playing minutes as a starter on our left flank, instead of just as a back-up for Messi. He has been world-class today and I guess this was his best performance till date. He'd easily make us forget Henry's exploits last season in 2-3 years if he some how concentrates more on his crossing from LW, that is with his left leg like a traditional winger... That way he could be very versatile and very difficult to predict. And why would we want another right footed LW if we already have a more versatile Pedro who can mold himself into being a traditional winger or cut-in time & again to make the maximum use of his powerful right foot!? :pedro:
TOTALLY deserved the standing ovation by the Camp Nou faithful :)

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The kid scores goals, important goals and plenty of them, not only that but the rest of his game is improving match by match too, it's great seeing him develop so rapidly as a player.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
pedro is developing to basically replace henry's contribution last season. scoring goals, occasionally creating, being a nuisance to defences.

it's very promising.

and then we have bojan, who we all know scores when he starts.

if we bring in villa to replace henry in the summer, we're fuckin' SET.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
You could always see he had excellent quick feet, and he's becoming more effective with that all the time. He's definitely got his shooting boots on this season. He's not the natural finisher Bojan is in front of goal but he's showing he can score goals. Certainly looks capable of providing goals from that LW position which is crucial. Hopefully his progress continues and forces Henry to find top form again.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Reminds me of the substitution in the CL-final. Pedro instead of Bojan. I believe many of us wanted Bojan and were a bit confused.

If you take a look at this season so far, it makes sense. Pure luck by pep or vision?

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
maturing right in front of our eyes, thought when he does get the ball he tends to slow the play down sometimes and then just pass back to xavi or iniesta which is not a bad thing but i just wished he pushed the play a little more cuase he has the ability to trouble defenders big time with his dribbling

Last edited:

Aasim

Bumbleman
If he can perform like he did yesterday on a consistent basis, then you can say bye bye to Silva, Robinho...

One good performance doesn't erase his bad ones. I'm not saying he shite or anything but he's still got a long way to go to warrent a starting place on the LW.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Reminds me of the substitution in the CL-final. Pedro instead of Bojan. I believe many of us wanted Bojan and were a bit confused.

If you take a look at this season so far, it makes sense. Pure luck by pep or vision?

I'd say it's a case of the players being at different stages in their evolution.

pedro is 22.

bojan is 19.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'd say it's a case of the players being at different stages in their evolution.

pedro is 22.

bojan is 19.

Yeah, normally I'd agree with that...Except, it's more than that...Pedrito at 22 isn't the same player that he was at 21, for Barca...Not by a longshot, IMHO...Plus, Leo is now 22...What he was doing at 17 dwarfs what many do in their prime...Age, it's only one part of the story.

Something, I don't know what, happened from the beginning of preseason in 2008 until preseason 2009 for Pedrito...He made a monumental leap and it's not simply the goals I'm speaking of...You can see his confidence and decisiveness makes his previous form pale by comparison...Bojan has shown glimpses of that but I don't think his age enters into it

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Maicon is highly regarded as the best RB in the world. Well Pedro made him look ordinary, he outplayed him with ease. He's a top drawer player.

Home of Barca Fans