Pedro Rodriguez

Co0ter

Alves is a defender ,which means he has more targets up front. Henry is an attacker so less targets up front. I have seen many Henry crosses not being converted.

B/c Henry blindly crosses it to no one. We need someone who can at least raise his head sometimes and attempt to purposely hit a target. His crosses this season, in all truth, have been 90 percent worthless.

Alves has more targets, and although a lot of crosses aren't converted, how do you think it is for most other attacking full backs?! It's the same for Lahm, Maicon, Clichy and even older ones like Roberto Carlos and Cafu. The fact is we have someone with the speed, work-rate and form that willingly runs up and down the entire pitch providing pass options and crosses. How can you even compare their utility.

Last edited:
F

FCB_Titi_LB

no way. its because the other attackers dont run into the space

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Yeah, I'd agree with that take too...I see that relatively often with crosses, especially on that left side - there's usually no one on the receiving end...I think part of that is due to the fact that our attackers are so used to being fed perfectly weighted balls on the edge of the area that we don't see enough runs into the box

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

So it's actually the other players who are at fault for Titi's bad crosses? A good cross is not delivered to a "good area", it's delivered to a team-mate... In the same fashion, most of Dani crosses are rubbish, but when he gets one right (which Titi hasn't), most of the time the receiver scores...

I've said many times that Pedro isn't my kind of player, but I agree he should start ahead of Henry...

F

FCB_Titi_LB

So it's actually the other players who are at fault for Titi's bad crosses? A good cross is not delivered to a "good area", it's delivered to a team-mate... In the same fashion, most of Dani crosses are rubbish, but when he gets one right (which Titi hasn't), most of the time the receiver scores...

I've said many times that Pedro isn't my kind of player, but I agree he should start ahead of Henry...
I dont care who starts. We are not talking about that. At least i'm not.

To reply: Henry's first goal against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu last season. If Henry hadnt run into space when Messi put the ball over the defense .... same thing.
Henry crosses them between the keeper and the defense...if the forwards dont run behind the defense ..

Last edited:

Co0ter

Well, with your theory, the others need to run to where his crosses are. If thats the case, then our players are going to be running straight into the near-post and knocking themselves out. I want to say, and confidently so, 75 percent of Henry's crosses have gone straight to the keeper at the near-post at an angle where no striker can honestly have a decent attempt on goal.

I honestly still dont like Pedro that much, I don't know what it is about him but he just seems to be really lucky and hasnt shown much else (until last game, he did better) besides being in the right place at the right time to poach a decent goal. I like Bojan better but I prefer either to Henry (in his current and seemingly destined form).

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Well, with your theory, the others need to run to where his crosses are. If thats the case, then our players are going to be running straight into the near-post and knocking themselves out. I want to say, and confidently so,1 75 percent of Henry's crosses have gone straight to the keeper at the near-post at an angle where no striker can honestly have a decent attempt on goal.

I honestly still dont like Pedro that much, I don't know what it is about him but he just seems to be really lucky and hasnt shown much else (until last game, he did better) besides2 being in the right place at the right time to poach a decent goal. I like Bojan better but I prefer either to Henry (in his current and seemingly destined form).
1. except etoo

2.hmm like 75% of etoo's gols ?

yea pedros gol against almeria def just in the right place at the right time.. in the spanish supercup also.... that gol on sat also he was in the right place at the right time forget about the 60 yards he ran and kept his cool to slot it home.. pedro is just a lucky basterd most the gols he scores my mum could have.

desoe

I honestly still dont like Pedro that much, I don't know what it is about him but he just seems to be really lucky and hasnt shown much else (until last game, he did better) besides being in the right place at the right time to poach a decent goal. I like Bojan better but I prefer either to Henry (in his current and seemingly destined form).

It's one thing if you don't like some footballer - it's an absolutely normal thing, everyone here have players in his "shit list" which he can't stand. Although in your case maybe it's not the right emotion, but let's say you just don't like him, like you said.

But how I said - feeling something like that about someone is one thing, but just throwing away everything he have done, every goal he scored and all of his contribution with a simple "seems to be really lucky", I don't know man ... looks too harsh for me. And let me tell you something - luck doesn't appear so oftenly in football like you obviously think.

Last edited:
V

Valon

Last time I checked Football is played to score goals. Pedro is doing that, so he should start.

V

Valon

Not crazy at all. We need to score goals to win don't we? The lad is scoring so why should he not start?

Home of Barca Fans