Pedro Rodriguez

Antimadridista1

He said he wanted to stay. If he leaves it'll be the club who sold him.

Rac1 said a few weeks ago that Pedro has offers from many clubs in Europe, among them Arsenal (and maybe PSG if I'm right who are looking for a winger after their fail for Hazard).
Honnestly, I would like him to stay ; good squad player. But I wouldn't be mad if he left.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Rac1 said a few weeks ago that Pedro has offers from many clubs in Europe, among them Arsenal (and maybe PSG if I'm write who are looking for a winger after their fail for Hazard).
Honnestly, I would like him to stay ; good squad player. But I wouldn't be mad if he left.

I'd take £25 tbh ..

Ursegor

World Champion
He's one of the most likeable players in the squad and scored some big goals in the past. But this is 2014 now. He won't see much playing time on the left ahead of Neymar and on the right I'd rather split the minutes between Alexis, Rafinha as a false winger à la Iniesta and for Deulofeu's development. With the right offer he's one of the most dispensable players in the squad right now, past merits or not.

Richard.H

He's one of the most likeable players in the squad and scored some big goals in the past. But this is 2014 now. He won't see much playing time on the left ahead of Neymar and on the right I'd rather split the minutes between Alexis, Rafinha as a false winger à la Iniesta and for Deulofeu's development. With the right offer he's one of the most dispensable players in the squad right now, past merits or not.

Took the words right out my mouth :worthy: :worthy:

I definitely think he is one of the more disposable players in our squad. I rather see Deulofeu develop than to see Pedro sharing minutes with Alexis. If alexis leaves though, then there's no way Pedro is leaving.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Took the words right out my mouth :worthy: :worthy:

I definitely think he is one of the more disposable players in our squad. I rather see Deulofeu develop than to see Pedro sharing minutes with Alexis. If alexis leaves though, then there's no way Pedro is leaving.

Exactly, it's either or. Thing is , people complain about Alexis not being clinical in front of goal, but that he has a better overall game than Pedro - better dribbler (some say he only stumbles over his feet, I don't agree - well sometimes), better at keeping the ball, definitively better at assisting. Pedro on the other hand is supposed to be a goal scoring/forward/winger 'a la' Henry - but tbh I don't consider him a goal scoring threat at all. This is partially because of our system/tactics and that we push our forwards to far to the sidelines, but also because Pedro has been a shadow of himself the last 3 seasons. I'd rather keep Alexis and bring in a true backup #9.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Exactly, it's either or. Thing is , people complain about Alexis not being clinical in front of goal, but that he has a better overall game than Pedro - better dribbler (some say he only stumbles over his feet, I don't agree - well sometimes), better at keeping the ball, definitively better at assisting. Pedro on the other hand is supposed to be a goal scoring/forward/winger 'a la' Henry - but tbh I don't consider him a goal scoring threat at all. This is partially because of our system/tactics and that we push our forwards to far to the sidelines, but also because Pedro has been a shadow of himself the last 3 seasons. I'd rather keep Alexis and bring in a true backup #9.
Tello is more of a Henry player than Pedro for me

Vapor

If we get a good enough offer, I say we let him go. I'm not sure if Cuenca is leaving this summer, but... we already have an abundance of talented players that can fill the roles he plays: Duelofeu (far higher ceiling of potential in my opinion, more fearless), Cuenca, Neymar, Alexis, potentially one new striker.

I agree that Pedro has been a valuable asset to the team in years past, but for the past few years he has been nothing like he used to be. In fact, pretty often, he has been pretty downright bad at what his position should be - attacking the goal, creating and primarily scoring goals. He has been really poor for us in front of net recently, missing so many easy chances that a world class striker on Barcelona should NOT be missing. I say we let him go and use the money elsewhere.

Home of Barca Fans