Pedro Rodriguez

Zangash

Banned
Not good:

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...that-situation-barcelona-delicate-one-4336285

Future talks
Pedro Rodriguez: It's obvious that my situation at Barcelona is a delicate one
The Barça forward admitted he will have to talk with the club about his future to see "what's best for everyone"

Pedro doesn't know the future | Foto: EFE

EFE | 7.7.2015 | 14:58h.

FC Barcelona forward Pedro Rodriguez has said on Tuesday that it's "obvious" that he is in a "delicate situation" at the Blaugrana, adding that when pre-season begins he will evaluate things with the club "to see what is the best for everyone."

Pedro, who is is currently on his final few days off before returning to Barcelona, said that despite his new contract, things aren't ideal at Barça because his prominence in the team has fallen during Luis Enrique's spell as boss.
The Spain international does not know where his future will be, although he did say he is happy at the Catalan club, the club of his life and the club where he has been able to achieve "so many things" wearing the blaugrana shirt.

He commented that he only wants to "think about resting and enjoying the final few days of my time off." Therefore, when training begins again next week, there could be more news on his future.
With regards to the signing of Arda Turan, who joined Barça for 34 million euros from Atletico Madrid on Monday evening, 'Pedrito' opined that he is a player "with a lot of quality" and added that he will "bring many things to the team," as he did at Atletico.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now both Aleix and Arda can play in his position too. Even with the ban, I think there's a very good chance he might leave this summer. There's the euros next summer.

Not good, but not bad. Munir and Sandro are both being promoted so it's not like we'll need him for the depth that desperately.

vinni

I think either Munir or Sandro will be loaned out this season? I dont think lucho rates any of them as highly as pedro at the moment. If pedro leaves we would need a new winger if we want real depth.

Zangash

Banned
I think either Munir or Sandro will be loaned out this season? I dont think lucho rates any of them as highly as pedro at the moment. If pedro leaves we would need a new winger if we want real depth.

It's already confirmed that both will play with the first team next season.

How highly Pedro is rated compared to them doesn't matter when you consider just how lowly Pedro is rated in the first place. Pedro doesn't provide any depth that Munir and Sandro wouldn't be able to.

Antimadridista1

I think that he should stay until next summer then leave. He can still help us a lot, he's a great supersub.
Just like Rafinha, I think that he'll play a lot in the first part of the season.

EdmondDantes

I'd love him to stay but for his own sake, for his talent and quality, this boy needs to play. And he needs to play week in, week out. So sadly I can see him going, and if he does move to the Premier League, I see him tearing it apart like Sanchez did last season. He's phenomenal.

vinni

It's already confirmed that both will play with the first team next season.

How highly Pedro is rated compared to them doesn't matter when you consider just how lowly Pedro is rated in the first place. Pedro doesn't provide any depth that Munir and Sandro wouldn't be able to.

If im not mistaken Delefou was confirmed to play with the first team last season. After the warm-up he went to Sevilla so i dont think it is written in stone.

If you look at depth like that even i could provide depth to barcelona.. :) It is pretty clear Pedro is a league above Munir and Sandro. At least in my opinion.

Zangash

Banned
If im not mistaken Delefou was confirmed to play with the first team last season. After the warm-up he went to Sevilla so i dont think it is written in stone.

If you look at depth like that even i could provide depth to barcelona.. :) It is pretty clear Pedro is a league above Munir and Sandro. At least in my opinion.

Deulofeu is not the same case as Munir and Sandro. He also was never confirmed to play with the first team, either, it was just assumed he would when Lucho brought him back from Everton.

Lucho has done a lot of work with Munir and Sandro over the past season, so he knows how they play and behave better than he did Gerard. And using yourself as an example is not very good because chances are you're not on a Barca B level and you most likely don't have a snowball's chance in hell of being good enough for the first team at any point in your life. Pedro being a league above Munir and Sandro doesn't matter when he's used in a way that makes his contribution to the team as negligible as possible.

Also have to remember that Pedro didn't exactly stake his claim this past season,lots of bad misses and generally had no impact on games. He slaughtered a couple minnows but a far cry from the pedro of old. Maybe Lucho thinks its over for him. I thought he did from the first game of last season when he played Rafinha and Munir over him.

vinni

Haha fair enough. It was a bad example. Anyway i do feel you guys rate pedro a bit too low. I think we should be more then happy with him as a fourth forward if he decides to stay

Horatio

You're welcome
I agree with Vinni, in general I find Pedro to be underrated. The guy has great stamina, speed and work ethic. Great substitute forward for breaking through. Creates space and not goal greedy.

Drexl

A great team player, one of the most unselfish players I've ever seen. People judge him by lack of goals. He never was even for a moment our target man.
Since the Ibra season I have a soft spot for him.

And I love this goal. He clicks with Lio so well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWHmUA-Z5oE

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans