Pedro Rodriguez

Icarium

Lifestealer
30M is actually a nice price but that is not the issue here. Didn't pedro sign a new contract? How can his buyout reduce to 30M?!

Chong Li

So they signed him to a new contract and lowered his buyout to 30M?

It's either typical Barca transfer business genius or they wanted to get rid of him and lowered his buyout fee to attract more suitors.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Apparently Mou and Cesc called him and convinced him to join. I do wonder if he'll start over Willian though, and the way I see it, this is also the nail in the coffin for Cuadrado. Not a bad price, I kinda freaked when I saw you guys saying 30m, but then I realise that's about £21.6m so that's not too bad actually. If it was above £25m I would have been pretty iffy about it.

Gaudi

30 mils is good for a backup player, I like Pedro but that's the problem when you have such unbelievable trio in attack - nobody want's to come and be a backup.
We need either a versitale player, maybe that is why Lucho wanted Arda and some youngsters like Munir and Sandro. But honestly I would love to see a player like Tello in backup, he's energy alone can do damage in last 15 minutes of the game for example.
What is the situation with him? Can we recall him from loan?

Tomchin

So they signed him to a new contract and lowered his buyout to 30M?

It's either typical Barca transfer business genius or they wanted to get rid of him and lowered his buyout fee to attract more suitors.
Surely reducing the buyout from 150M to 30M will have been one of Pedro's requirements to sign a new deal, no way that Barca would propose something like that themselves.

Business-wise, 30M for Pedro would be a great deal, especially because 2 months ago his contract was going to run out soon (hence why Barca offered him that renewal, with lowered buy-out clause)

Sporting-wise, not sure if it's a good idea to sell Pedro, especially because we'll have zero cover then on the wings until January (after January both Vidal and Turan can play there)

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah I read the whole reason for the lowering of the clause is in case he wanted to go, they can get a good price for a player of his quality and such. I hope he can score some goals for us, Willian is good but he really needs to be a bigger goal threat.

Antimadridista1

30m is a bargain for Chelsea. Raheem Sterling is gonna leave for more than 60m euro and they want us to sell them a better player for half the price ?
They already fuc*ed us with Cesc.

If we don't sell Pedrito for at least 40/45m euro then our negotiators are officially not working for the interest of the club.

Tomchin

30m is a bargain for Chelsea. Raheem Sterling is gonna leave for more than 60m euro and they want us to sell them a better player for half the price ?
They already fuc*ed us with Cesc.

If we don't sell Pedrito for at least 40/45m euro then our negotiators are officially not working for the interest of the club.
Come on, let's not exaggerate. And why the hell would Chelsea pay 40M/45M if Pedro's buy-out clause is 30M? ;)

Home of Barca Fans