Pedro Rodriguez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So having a great season doesn't matter for a player but if he is poor in 4-5 matches that season he should have been dropped?

You are not making and sense. Neymar turned out to have a great season goalscoringwise. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be dropped if he played bad for longer period. And even his biggest fan on this forum suggested he should be benched after those atrocious performances this winter.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
let me put it this way
messi is our starting RW
suarez the starting CF
neymar is our starting LWF
pedro is a sub and will only come when the coach deems right that is, resting one of the MSN players
our coach believes that a player in bad form can sort it out on the pitch. You just don't bench a player like neymar or messi or suarez. these are world class players world beaters. they will only be rested a match or two to regain sharpness.
that's just the way it is. you dont bench a top top player in the world because of form. that just doesnt happen in football
we didnt bench suarez for pedro when he was missing sitters for 8 or more consecutive matches.
pedro knew what he was getting when suarez was bought, he should have atleast put forward his best performance when suarez was on a ban, but no, he was the pedro we have been seeing the past two/three seasons.

positions on the pitch are earned, and pedro has never earned the opportunity to bench any of the MSN. i dont remember any performance from him that would even make me consider starting him ahead of neymar even when neymar is off form.
atleast with neymar i know a goal or two and he is back to his world class ways.

may be this comment will get deleted or i will get another warning but sometimes the truth has to be said, pedro is on the bench because he is not better than any of the MSN and he doesnt get as many chances as you wouldnt want to because even in the chances he gets he hasnt shown good enough to start, and really neymar and suarez are rather world-class players and that is how you deal with a period of bad form. play them

At least you've shown you are capable of writing a somewhat coherent post instead of "who's delusional now" oneliner that rightfully got deleted for insigating.
So don't pretend you got a normal post deleted or play the victim next time
because I can undelete your comment and show everyone what garbage you posted.

bismp

There is no need to hate on each other for Pedro,Neymar or whatever...Here's my take on this:

I think that there is no doubt that Neymar has had a spectacular season.It is no wonder why he is even considered for a Balon D'Or top 3 candidacy...He started the season really well,carrying the team for like 2-3 months,when Messi wasn't on GOAT form(well in most cases) and generally the team didn't perform well.It is true that he had a dip in his form during February ijrc,but it turned out that Lucho made the right decision not benching him,as he came back stronger than ever,scoring many important goals against MC,PSG,Villareal,Sevilla,Bayern and Juventus.All in all,he and Suarez were the best goalscoring machines(other than Messi)since the days of Eto'o...

People are saying that Pedro should have started in those matches.Well,it turned out that the coach made the right decision.If it weren't for Neymar's incredible form we wouldn't have gotten the treble.In the end,the team was benefited,and this is what only matter in the end of the day...

I get that Pedro is not the same kind of player as Neymar,which means that they shouldn't be compared so much.However,some people are acting like as if the "bad" Neymar forced Lucho to play him instead of the "good and loyal" Pedro.This has nothing to do with having made an investment...Henry was benched for Pedro,Zlatan was benched for Bojan,Villa was benched for Pedro,Fabregas was benched for Xavi etc.The last years,Neymar has proved to everyone that he is a rising superstar,who keeps on improving his abilities as a player.On the other hand,Pedro's career is on free-fall since 2011.People are surprised that he was finally benched agter all these years,but that the truth is that he should have been years ago,but there were too many injuries+the coaches blindly trusted him.

Furthermore,the team style suited for Pedro became more and more useless against the opponents.It is no wonder why both Barca and Spain fell from their thrones in 2013/2014.The new style of playing,(re)introduced by Lucho,requires 3 attackers that will take the burden of creating almost everything,attackers that can create something out of nothing,attackers with sharp finishing etc.Neymar is obviously more capable to fill this rolw than Pedro.

So,in conclusion,this is not some kind of evil plan from Ney,Barto,Lucho,Rossel or whatever.The times have passed and the tiki-taka is not nearly as effective as the past,while Pedro has also declined.If he indeed leaves the club,then i honestly thank his for his service.He is a Barcelona legsnd and should be treated as so.But,if he stays,his fans should stop living in 2011.(no offense)

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
On another note, reading the first few pages of this thread is making me nostalgic. He came outta nowhere and broke everyone's expectations.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
He started the season really well,carrying the team for like 2-3 months,when Messi wasn't on GOAT form(well in most cases)

What?
Messi was on goat mode from the start of the season, just his finishing was shaky in the first 2-3 months, that's all.
As for neymar, he didn't carry anything, all of his goals during that time were easy tap ins that messi created for him, did you forget the godly messi->neymar connection in that period?

Horatio

You're welcome
Still....a lesser player might have wasted those chances created by Messi. Positioning, creating space, movement lines and finishing is what Neymar delivered.

mazp

Hope the Camp Nou faithful gives him a great ovation, since it will most likely be his last game at the Camp Nou tomorrow.

Barcalove

Banned
Still....a lesser player might have wasted those chances created by Messi. Positioning, creating space, movement lines and finishing is what Neymar delivered.
Nah, thats why players that played with Messi like Pedro, Sanchez, Bojan, Affelay, Aguero, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Tevez and Higuain all scored lots and lots of goals..

Oh wait..

Barcalove

Banned
Nah, thats why players that played with Messi like Pedro, Sanchez, Bojan, Affelay, Aguero, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Tevez and Higuain all scored lots and lots of goals..

Oh wait..

BerkeleyBernie

There is only one player who got to consistently play in the left wing position with Suarez up front and Messi on the right: Neymar. One can't compare any other system to that one, if one is talking about finishing those chances.

Pedro had lousy finishing of some chances at the start of the season that was clearly no one's fault but his own. But besides his own poor run of form, one also needs to recall that: 1) Lucho was experimenting with lineups and tactics every game, and 2) Pedro was played mostly as a CF stand-in for Suarez, which he clearly is not.

Those few times that Pedro *did* start with Suarez and Messi were almost all high-scoring routs. While he made a few assists, he didn't score many goals. However, we all know he is prone to circulate the ball, and that certainly didn't hurt the scoreline (more likely helped it, with Messi and Suarez benefitting).

One can't know if the overall scorelines would have been better or worse in those games with Neymar, though I would guess Neymar would likely have scored more goals than Pedro did, providing the finishing while Messi and Suarez would have seen less of the ball. And one can't know how any other skilled player would perform in that system, given the brilliant provision of Messi AND the constant threat of Suarez creating space. Origami is correct that Neymar did deliver: "positioning, creating space, movement lines and finishing." One just can't tell who else could have done the same or more, given the brilliance of the other two strike partners, perhaps the two current best in the world.

We're gonna be in soooo much trouble if something happens to one of the MSN.

Yep. Even with all 3 of them healthy he is almost always the first player off the bench. Now what's it gonna be? Rafinha playing out of position? Munir or Sandro? I don't like any of those options. Losing Pedros work ethic alone on defense is going to be a huge loss. Nobody else on the team gets after it other than Suarez, Rakitic and Masche. And on offense He's been here forever and knows the system. Plays 1-2s as good as any player on the team.

I guess he feels like he's starter material. Gonna be a huge loss.

EdmondDantes

Sad to see him go, I thought Lucho would play him behind the 3 as a number 10 this season, he tried it a few times last season and it seemed to work. He and Iniesta could have been ideal there considering the number of games we have ahead of us this season.

Kuchi

There is simply no viable solution for him to start here and this move, while regretted by most is completely understandable and he deserves all the best.

I really loved him back in his early days, his work rate was second to none and despite loosing some of that spark along the way, he still worked hard, pushing himself to help the team in all departments.

Also, some of the criticism he got is absurd, he was a promising prospect that started to live up to our expectations and later on, the perfect sub with great chemistry and a good link up play.

Hope our staff can reproduce the outstanding team management from last season (manage injuries, peak at the most important time of the season, physical fitness) in order to minimize the impact of his departure, but once again I strongly feel he could have been a great help this season, with his effort and selflessness.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Sometimes a frustrating player but deep down I know that there aren't many wingers in this world who would offer as much as Pedro. I like his link up and 1-2s with other players on the field and it's a real spectacle he can give on his day. If he leaves (more a case of when, I suppose) the team is going to lose a very good player. There is absolutely noone who I'd switch Pedro for.

Home of Barca Fans