Pedro Rodriguez

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Clutch, plays with tons of guile and hard work. He might not be as ridiculously good as Messi and Villa but he is as dangerous as anyone else on this team. Pep created a monster.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
he's not world-class, though, that's why he's so brilliant for us.

you know what I mean?

he just does his thing.

hear hear, he gives us a non super star option who works his ass off for every play and he has good finishing which results in goal. he is the guily of barca now, brings the balance to the team

IraqiCulé

This formalistic worship is always misleading.
Dude I only mention this because people bag on Messi for having "zero" goals against Mourinho as if it means anything. Messi raped Mourinho's Chelsea when he was a teenager, and he had 2 assists tonight against Mourinho's RM...but oh, zero goals against Mourinho.

So yeah, Messi zero goals against Mourinho? Pedro has 3 against Mourinho! Pedro is better than Messi I guess.

gingerless

for his goal you should see that he was running in almost from the outside of the box when he saw villa with the ball, great eye for opportunity

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
for his goal you should see that he was running in almost from the outside of the box when he saw villa with the ball, great eye for opportunity

Exactly mate. One would think it was a lucky goal but you need that drive and determination that Pedro has to make it happen.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Exactly mate. One would think it was a lucky goal but you need that drive and determination that Pedro has to make it happen.
It's not a lucky goal and Pedro's detemination was a good part of the goal. But the thing that made the goal happen was Marcelo's twattery.

[youtube]cB1WRFFsPwk[/youtube]

The goal results from a possible foul on Pedro by Marcelo (I think he pushes him slightly but as said, High stake games need more than that) and Xavi switches the play to the other side. This is the moment where Marcelo turns off. Instead of going back and keep his line as a defender, he is taunting Pedro while thinking nothing can happen (see how he jogs back?) because the ball is on the other side.

If Marcelo had the discipline of Pedro, this goal shouldn't happen. You can taunt an opponent no doubt, but not when you're a defender and there is actually an attack of the opponent happening.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I did not notice that before... marcelo opening taunting pedro then getting owned... amaaaziiiing man..

nebeer

Love is All
hear hear, he gives us a non super star option who works his ass off for every play and he has good finishing which results in goal. he is the guily of barca now, brings the balance to the team

Pedro's contribution to the current Barca team is more effective than that of Ludovic. Though Ludovic was a very handy player to have on your pitch. He had those bursts of pace that was nice to see.

elizel

Oh wow, I didn't notice that thing with Marcelo. HAHA. Beautiful how he ended up inside the net along with the ball. :dance: Sweet justice.

Pedro's goal celebration was really cute, by the way. Just frantically hitting Villa over and over again for the assist. LOL

Last edited:
P

PhilS

Gneg, thanks for pointing that out. Petulance is the RM weakness.

Earlier this year, I was worried Pedro was not up to the level of this team. He is the only FCB starter who could not start on a good team in midfield. But he certainly has been showing his forward chops recently, he fits very well.

Home of Barca Fans