Pedro Rodriguez

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Muller is a brililant player, he's just that he's been in bad form so far this year, good to see he's getting it back though after a glorious World Cup.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Muller is a brililant player, he's just that he's been in bad form so far this year, good to see he's getting it back though after a glorious World Cup.
That makes the Spanish players even more amazing, especially Barca's boys. Pedro above all has been sharp as fuck throughout.

gingerless

Oh look! It's the German Pedro!

muller3131.jpg

:puke::puke::puke::puke: NEVER!

V

Valon

I don't think Muller as good as he is, is remotely close to being like Pedro.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Certainly one of my favourite players these days. Playing absolutely brilliantly right now. I knew he worked hard but seeing him live for the first time the other week let me see just how much he runs. Ridiculous energy levels from him.

BerkeleyBernie

world cup has done him wonders in confidence....what a deadly finisher he is...

Though, to quibble, there is that one ball he should have laid off for Torres...but I've never seen him play that selfishly with Barca. And given Torres' crap form during the World Cup, that may have crossed his mind.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/pedro-regrets-torres-horror-in-spain-v-germany-14871103.html

It's BS to not call him world class...he brings a entirely different set of skills than Iniesta or Messi. While Messi and Iniesta have to dribble slaloms through midfielders, Pedro just needs to get a step on the backline defender marking him. He's got plenty of quickness and moves for that, and then pace to exploit the space he gains. He's got to be the fastest of Barca's starting players. And "work rate" is a skill. It's not just stamina, but knowing how to use it. Not to mention his lay off passes and assists- the gem he worked with Messi against Villareal for instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAcU9pyqpwI

And he has a goal-scoring tenacity that reminds me of Ronaldo (Brazilian); he sees weaknesses in the defense and bears down to exploit them, such as where he saw Marcelo ball-watching in the Clasico and beat him to the cross to score.

Anyone know his goal to shot ratio? He's got to have one of the highest finishing percentages on Barca, if not the highest.

This year, just a great, great part of the Barca chemistry.

SeloBarca

I just wish he would take even more shots, sometimes it feels like he has to give the ball to Messi when he has really good shooting possibilities.
He has made some cracking goals from distance

gingerless

I just wish he would take even more shots, sometimes it feels like he has to give the ball to Messi when he has really good shooting possibilities.
He has made some cracking goals from distance

nah he's fine the way he is imo... his flicks 'n tricks are helpful most of the time, and his connection with messi is that of (if not better than) alves

beef-supreme

In my opinion Pedro not passing to Torres really embodied the general consensus that everyone felt Torres was shite. There were a few people who kept backing Torres in spite of his weakness in the qualifiers but particularly the early games, but even they were silenced in the end. This is not to say that Torres will never recover, but imo while Pedro was selfish, there is plenty of reason behind a potential lack of trust and confidence in Fernando

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I don't think Muller as good as he is, is remotely close to being like Pedro.
Nah, like Pedro more obviously and Muller should never play at Barcelona.

Just saying their career is VERY alike. Came out of nowhere, picked up by their coach in a lower division, cogs in the machine controlled by other stars, impact on World Cup, similar direct playing style, ...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bayern are repeating 2006-2007 and 2008-2009 when they also struggled after World Cup and EC respectively, in failing to win Bundesliga.
I think Muller would be more valuable if both were put on the market but Pedro is no doubt better for Barca.

Home of Barca Fans