Pedro Rodriguez

Bran the Greenseer

We won't be "screwed" we can beat everyone in la liga and the cl except Atletico and RM before january without one of MSN. And without Suarez/Neymar we could still beat anyone once we have Messi.

Zangash

Banned
Please explain to me who is better, or even as good, as Pedro and will come to our club and be willing to sit on the bench unless its to rest one of MSN or play a cup match? Are we going to sign some young starlet and they are going to be ok with sitting on the bench....? Munir and Sandro are the best we got in La Masia at the moment and according to you they are as good or worse than Pedro. So really, what is our ideal option?

Pedro has proven that he is a solid sub. He can come into the game and while not bringing the magic our starting three do....who exactly out there can we buy and will walk into Barca and NOT be a drop in quality compared to MSN? We could buy HUGE name players like DiMaria or Aguero and they would STILL be a big downgrade from our starting front three...then imagine if we signed one of them, are they ok sitting on the bench?! Lol no way man. That leaves room for a not quite big name player, not a star talent...but can step in and keep the flow of the game and be comfortable in our system..

Basically....Pedro.

I never understood the average Pedro fan's insistence on arguing against signing top players to be a sub for MSN. For some reason it's the only strawman you have available. Not once since joining the forum have I ever suggested signing a promising young forward or going after another big player like Di Maria or Aguero, even before we signed Suarez, so I'm not sure why this argument is always thrown against me when I've made my actual opinion clear hundreds of times.

Pedro is past his prime and will not likely improve, and, in my opinion, he's not that much of an upgrade over what Munir and Sandro can bring (They're just as likely to do absolutely nothing in a game as he is) to the team. Munir and Sandro, on the other hand, still have a lot of growing to do and could possibly develop into good or even great (If we're lucky) players for us. The notion that we'll be screwed if any one of MSN rings true whether we have to use Pedro as a fill in or Munir. The difference is, if given the same amount of charity minutes (Because that's all Pedro's role is unless the unthinkable happens) Pedro has been getting, those two young players might actually be able to improve to the point that they're more effective for us than Pedro is currently and has been for the past nearly four or so seasons.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What did Lucho say?

The key part of what he said is that they've talked to one another and now for the player to decide, provided buyout is met....IMHO, that translates to him being sold if Woodward et al don't try to bargain shop

FC B

If Munir and Sandro would be able to replace him I would accept a €30 mill. offer if I could.
He is 27 and his abilities rely heavily on pace and stamina and at this age those atributes will start to decline in one-two season's time.

I appreciate all he did for the club especially in his glory seasons but it might be the time for him to go and actually play because he needs it, in fact that is why he would leave. Thist is also good for the club the cashin of quite a sum for it's very own product. In two year's time for instance nobody will want to hear about €30 mill.

Devils

It's going to be a hard pill to swallow when he leaves.

I'm a big Pedro fan. It sucks that he is likely leaving.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He was kind of one dimensional before, even if he was very good at the few things he did (dribbling a player certainly never wasn't one of his strengths though, a quality needed in todays Barca). The last couple of seasons he even lost the quality in the few things he was good at. Sorry Pedro - thank you for everything, but something has happened and he shouldn't continue at Barca because he can't even offer us anything as a sub anymore.

F

Flavia

[tw]623962276714946561[/tw]

Everything pointing to Pedro leaving. I bet his biggest worry is the Euros.

Home of Barca Fans