Pedro Rodriguez

Trickykid

Team based performances are probably quite a bit better. Man United are more likely to be a major contender for the title than Pedro is to turn into the Spanish Messi...

Major contender?

I really don't think Mou is shaking with fear because of Depay, Schneiderlin, Romero, Darmian and a Sweini who seems to have gone seriously downhill last season. Add to that the loss of Di Maria and possibly even De Gea. Even with Pedro, that really doesn't look like a title contender to me.

Alik

Team based performances are probably quite a bit better. Man United are more likely to be a major contender for the title than Pedro is to turn into the Spanish Messi...

Individual "performance" could be simply number of games played, no? In that case, that would be preferred.

Zangash

Banned
Major contender?

I really don't think Mou is shaking with fear because of Depay, Schneiderlin, Romero, Darmian and a Sweini who seems to have gone seriously downhill last season. Add to that the loss of Di Maria and possibly even De Gea. Even with Pedro, that really doesn't look like a title contender to me.

You listed one team that they maybe can't compete with. Arsenal and Man City are shit and love to drop huge points to weaker opposition. That makes United a contender, even if they don't win. Just as Atletico is a contender every season despite it being unlikely that they'll actually pull it off.

Zangash

Banned
Individual "performance" could be simply number of games played, no? In that case, that would be preferred.

When you put it that way, it would be. For some reason I was thinking it'd be goals scored or something along those lines. Even still though, if they decide they don't favor him the negative result could be they opt to just give him the same treatment we've been giving him, especially if he doesn't have the increase in effectiveness that people are prophesizing, which wouldn't be ideal for either Barca nor Pedro.

Trickykid

You listed one team that they maybe can't compete with. Arsenal and Man City are shit and love to drop huge points to weaker opposition. That makes United a contender, even if they don't win. Just as Atletico is a contender every season despite it being unlikely that they'll actually pull it off.

You claimed that they're a major contender, as in them being amongst the favorites for the title. Otherwise I assume you wouldn't have brought it up in regards to bonuses for winning the title, no?

Both Arsenal and City are likely to finish above Man Utd (again), no matter how shit you think they are. Arsenal especially, now that they finally have a good keeper.

Anyhow, that discussion is probably more suited for the PL thread.

Zangash

Banned
You claimed that they're a major contender, as in them being amongst the favorites for the title. Otherwise I assume you wouldn't have brought it up in regards to bonuses for winning the title, no?

Both Arsenal and City are likely to finish above Man Utd (again), no matter how shit you think they are. Arsenal especially, now that they finally have a good keeper.

Anyhow, that discussion is probably more suited for the PL thread.

Them being a contender for the title means they have a chance of winning it, not that they're a favorite to win it. If I wanted to suggest they're the favorite, I'd have just said that. Team performance bonuses don't only have to involve winning the trophy.

And yeah, the rest of the discussion is probably better suited for a different thread, although I'm not likely to go there, as I couldn't care less about how the English season goes.

Trickykid

And yeah, the rest of the discussion is probably better suited for a different thread, although I'm not likely to go there, as I couldn't care less about how the English season goes.

That we can agree on. Even though I'd love to see Chelsea crash and burn.

serghei

Anytime Chelsea and Mourinho suffer is as great as seeing Barca win. David Luiz hitting that header was heaven for me :lol:

That's actually more than his buyout clause, so there's no way.

We're not even sure that the buyout is real, let alone the exact value of it.

serghei

It has been confirmed by both Lucho and Pedro as well as being reported by all major Catalan papers. It is definitely real.

A buyout surely exists, I think every contract has to have a buyout in Spain (someone correct me if I'm wrong). But fcbarcelona.com said it was 150m when Pedro signed to contract extention. I haven't heard Lucho saying the buyout is now 30m. What's the source?

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
A buyout surely exists, I think every contract has to have a buyout in Spain (someone correct me if I'm wrong). But fcbarcelona.com said it was 150m when Pedro signed to contract extention. I haven't heard Lucho saying the buyout is now 30m. What's the source?

It went from 150m to to 30m. The contract renewal seems to have been explicitly to lower his release clause. I don't have a source on Lucho saying it as I was under the impression he confirmed it in an interview.

F

Flavia

Could prove to be a big mistake if we let him go.

I don't think it's good to keep a player against his will. Even more one like Pedro, who always put the team first.

One of Enrique's presser. Ths 1st one, before traveling to the usa, IIRC. Pedro also confirmed it to the press more than once.

Home of Barca Fans