Penal Madrid

Joan

Seeing their schedule, could say Solari's got some luck. Melilla, Valladolid, Viktoria and Celta before the break. Valladolid (1st place based on form?) and Celta aren't easy, but it could've been much worse.

El Gato

Villarato!
Scolari it is, as it stands. What do you think, guys?

TBF, bar the typo, this comparison would have been completely appopriate if he had a WC to his name.

Very bad luck for Lopetegui, but he was out of his depth. A capable manager would always, always manage to squeeze out a goal in 8 hours of football, one way or another. No excuse for setting worst records ever and going into a Clasico with zero fight.
I feel bad for him as a man, he is clearly a madridista at heart, but it was far too soon in his career it seems.

He should definitely resume his career in international football.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Can you elaborate?
Going by what the Madrid fans say, Solari is underperforming with the Casilla Squad even with the talent they have.

I meant to say it would be like us sacking Valverde after 10 games and deciding to give Gerard Lopez before he was sacked the job while having a very poor season with the B team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why would any semi-top club would try to get him?
Failing in 2 clubs (3 if you count Rayo) and all his success is in youth teams. Can't even call his tenure with Spain as success as it is difficult to judge a coach based on qualifiers.

Shortage of World Class or truly great managers out there. Lopetegui is far from one, but a team like Tottenham or Arsenal might take a shot at him based on his experience.

Perhaps even the likes of Lazio and Fiorentina.

El Gato

Villarato!
Shortage of World Class or truly great managers out there. Lopetegui is far from one, but a team like Tottenham or Arsenal might take a shot at him based on his experience.

Agreed, but he doesn't seem the type for club football. Spurs in particular wouldn't go for him unless they're proper desperate, there is enough up-and-coming English managerial talent for them to aim at should Pochettino take his leave any time soon. But I agree he ought to go for upper mid-table sides if he wants to get back in there at all. If not, I'm sure he would be a hit for Morocco or that sort of national team.

Joan

Italian teams usually find managers in Italy, often well-known faces. Arsenal and Tottenham seem out of his reach. I can see him going back to international football, he's had some successes there.

khaled_a_d

EPL can pay, and they can pay for an emerging good coach. That isn't Lopetegui.
He has nothing in his resume to make any good team think about him, not a single one.
Sure he can find a job in mid table team, even an ambitious one like Lazio but most likely he will end up coaching another NT.
He will get job safety again, less pressure and back to his comfort zone, and the standard there is actually lower for coaches.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Italian teams usually find managers in Italy, often well-known faces. Arsenal and Tottenham seem out of his reach. I can see him going back to international football, he's had some successes there.

I'd take him on Fiorentina actually - we have no real ambition, and he'd fit the team most likely, which is desperately in need of a coach who values link up play. Plus Pioli is just as mediocre. Unfortunately I doubt there will be a shakeup anytime soon.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
looking forward to seeing this welterweight zidane get cooked under the pressure. :lol:

This shit cracked me up , that I had to make this:

yiMVndO.png

Barcilliant

Cannot believe people are bad mouthing Conte. He's a volatile character but he's won titles in England and Italy.

Conte would be very effective in Madrid if given the tools and approval of the dressing room heavy weights.

Home of Barca Fans