Penal Madrid

Doobs

The Messiah
As soon as he started to shine for Leverkusen it was clear that he was going to be bought back. Real were not daft, they included a buy-back clause in his contract for a good reason.

If they had even the slightest faith in him, they wouldn't have sold him in the first place. Especially with Madrid's weakest player at RB.

WallBreaker

Again with the lack of arguments...

Of course i bring in Montoya he has in no way shown as much as Carvajal has and when he does play you can see Carvajal has a higher ceiling lol.

Lack of playing time for U-21's is a ridiculous singular way of seeing things, specially considering that you are ignoring what he HAS done lol. You forgot to learn how to build a football argument?

Fact of the matter is his performances were so good at age 20-21 for leverkusen that he was named bundesliga right back of the year and a very few handful rightbacks really shined in as bright as he did in 12/13.

id ask you to name a couple of better young right backs with clear foundations and evidence but i might as well ask you to fly right?:alveshat:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Again with the lack of arguments...

Of course i bring in Montoya he has in no way shown as much as Carvajal has and when he does play you can see Carvajal has a higher ceiling lol.

Lack of playing time for U-21's is a ridiculous singular way of seeing things, specially considering that you are ignoring what he HAS done lol. You forgot to learn how to build a football argument?

Fact of the matter is his performances were so good at age 20-21 for leverkusen that he was named bundesliga right back of the year and a very few handful rightbacks really shined in as bright as he did in 12/13.

id ask you to name a couple of better young right backs with clear foundations and evidence but i might as well ask you to fly right?:alveshat:

He was no way the best right back in Germany last season both of the rights backs at the big clubs two were better.

By your argument the only way Montoya could have shown he was better was to be the starting right back for Barcelona last year, even then you wouldnt have accepted it.

DavidVillano1

Carvajal is the most overrated full back on the planet going by some posters opinion on here. There's a reason why Montoya starts before him for Spain under 21s, because he's better.

Expect Don to return and go on about a 'newspaper' voting him best right back over the season like the above poster, as if he was better than Lahm. :lol: The Bundesliga fans voted him as the third best last season and apparently that makes him one of the best right backs in world football, that must make Uchida the best RB then eh? since he got 44%, Lahm 40% and Carvajal 16%.

WallBreaker

Carvajal is better than Montoya.

Montoya does not have the same intercepting, tackling, cross, galloping, overlapping skills. Cmon now...

Bild and Who Scored both named him #1 right back, opinions differ but for him to be up there, is because he did a good job.

Montoya only played ahead of him in u-21 because hes been there for longer but as soon as carvajal entered first team action he blew away the others throughout all season.

Funny that no one can name handful of better right backs for the term of (best young rb in the world) to be denied lol.

If montoya was as good as carvajal he would have broken in more time for himself.

Last edited:

DavidVillano1

Where was he even voted the best right back in Germany last season?
In the Bild newspaper....

Love the way the Wallbreaker is going on about all these amazing attributes Carvaljal has, he's probably seen him about 5 times in his life....

Montoya, Manquillo, Varela all have more potential than Carvajal, in my opinion.

Last edited:

WallBreaker

You know that you fail once you start throwing indirect hits at me lol.

And the arguments that you used in your post are very poor, you dont talk about football because apparently you dont know how to...

JamDav1982

Carvajal is better than Montoya.

Montoya does not have the same intercepting, tackling, cross, galloping, overlapping skills. Cmon now...

Bild and Who Scored both named him #1 right back, opinions differ but for him to be up there, is because he did a good job.

Montoya only played ahead of him in u-21 because hes been there for longer but as soon as carvajal entered first team action he blew away the others throughout all season.

Funny that no one can name handful of better right backs for the term of (best young rb in the world) to be denied lol.

If montoya was as good as carvajal he would have broken in more time for himself.

He has broken in for more time at Barcelona than Carvajal has at Madrid.

It is not his fault he was deemed good enough to stay and fight for his place in a world class squad but Carvajal was not.

The fact remains he was not the best right back in Germany last year despite one newspaper vote.

In the one team someone is asked to pick between them Montoya gets the nod.

DavidVillano1

The day I start judging a player and hyping him up because A NEWSPAPER said he was good, is the day I will give up watching football. Just as bad as youtube, but clearly that's the type of football fan you are, one who doesn't understand the game and voices his opinion on players based on journalists.

You know someone is struggling when all they can do is say that 'others' can't talk about football and hype themselves up like they know a certain player. You're analysis and over emphasis of bigging up Carvajal on the basis on a newspaper proves that you've not viewed the player often. To make things worse you try to downgrade Montoya and suggest he's not as good as Carvajal because he doesn't start before one of the best full backs in world football over the last few seasons.

WallBreaker

Broken logic here. Just because mourinho is an idiot doesnt mean carvajal isnt good lol.

These are logical fallacies, try to talking about football.

Its also pretty laughable to name varela and all these other scrubs as players with more potential, when they have shown very little, in comparison.

Carvajal goes from 3rd division to 1st dvision and blows away expectations..Cmon now...

Montoya was given the nod earlier but that doesnt make him better, which he isnt.

@ David, you are getting butthhurt to easily, open you eyes and learn to understand what im saying. Im not using a newspaper vote to drop unlimited praise, it is but only a sign that he did a good job. People with no arguments decide to whine like you are atm. Seen it time and time again.

Not over analysing on any newspapers lol.

What i said about montoya is my personal opinion, if he had played at a higher level he would have gotten more time for sure.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Broken logic here. Just because mourinho is an idiot doesnt mean carvajal isnt good lol.

These are logical fallacies, try to talking about football.

Its also pretty laughable to name varela and all these other scrubs as players with more potential, when they have shown very little, in comparison.

Carvajal goes from 3rd division to 1st dvision and blows away expectations..Cmon now...

Montoya was given the nod earlier but that doesnt make him better, which he isnt.

@ David, you are getting butthhurt to easily, open you eyes and learn to understand what im saying. Im not using a newspaper vote to drop unlimited praise, it is but only a sign that he did a good job. People with no arguments decide to whine like you are atm. Seen it time and time again.

Not over analysing on any newspapers lol.

What i said about montoya is my personal opinion, if he had played at a higher level he would have gotten more time for sure.

Just totally ignoring it is harder to get in the Barcelona team than go and shine for a team in Germany.

Using one newspaper vote as evidence then listing off attributes as if that is evidence.

Who has proved more in Spanish football - Montoya.
Who has proved more at intl level - Montoya
Who has proved more in Germany - Carvajal

What part of that do you not agree with?

Doobs

The Messiah
Hey, WallBreaker instead of claiming how "weak" our arguments in every post, you could do yourself a favour and strengthen yours instead.

Montoya has played 21 times for the under 21 setup and Carvajal thrice. Thats all there is to know as far as who is more promising is concerned. Heck even Azpilicueta is better and preferred over him.

Your personal opinion cannot come into a factual argument. "Clearly has a higher ceiling" :lol: How many videos of him have you watched on Youtube?

WallBreaker

Your arguments are weak though, look at these logical fallacies, just because azpilicueta and montoya have gotten more coverage it doesnt mean they are better lol.

Carvajal was finally given the pedestal to succeed in and hes overshadowed them. Azpilicueta has no where near his attacking flair and is nearly 3 years older than carvajal. Carvajal has shown way more in his first season of 1st team football than 1 year older montoya has.

No one talks about their actual traits as footballers because you CANT you are uneducated apparently.

Home of Barca Fans