Penal Madrid

Galning

His name is Ronaldo, or Cristiano. CR7 sounds like worshipping him.

So glad I'm not the only one :D Even Cristiano grinds my gears. Don't understand why Barcelona fans would call him by his first name let alone use that annoying abbreviation. But hey....

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So glad I'm not the only one :D Even Cristiano grinds my gears. Don't understand why Barcelona fans would call him by his first name let alone use that annoying abbreviation. But hey....

Because as Mourinho so eloquently put; He is not the real Ronaldo.

:mou: :shrug:

Stric

His name is Ronaldo, or Cristiano. CR7 sounds like worshipping him.

I always thought I was the only one... just seeing "CR7" makes me throw up a little inside of my mouth. It's pretentious beyond description. But I prefer Cristiano over Ronaldo, as it prevents confusion with the real Ronaldo.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Shut up you people.... He is no Ronaldo so calling him that is out of the question. Cristiano is such a huge name to type so I would prefer CR7!! If anything calling him CR7 should remind people that he is NOT Ronaldo, not noteworthy enough to be called by his full name and he is being ridiculed when called that rather than being worshipped

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Geez, I can't believe people actually wanted to dictate what a player should be called. Call him whatever you want, who cares? Why should it even matter??

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
CR7 means jack shit it is just his name but shortened. You guys give unnecessary value to it.

It's not about Cristiano Ronaldo per se for me, I also hated it when people referred to Ronaldinho as R10, or Ronaldo as R9, that kinda stuff. Or shortening names (actually quite frequent in German league, compared to other leagues) like Lewandowski > Lewy. There is only 1 name that gets to be spelled differently and that is of the almighty Biscuits :busquets:

Home of Barca Fans