Penal Madrid

Barca8

Real doesn't know how to play when the other team doesn't attack. They way Real play is: they score from an isolated occasion. After that, they stay back and when the other team tries to equalize they kill them with counter attacks. This is why Real takes sometimes so much time to score the first goal but after that they socre 3 or 4 goals quickly.

Yesterday, Granada scored and they just let the time die without taking risks. For this reason Real didn't create too much danger.

I noticed this pattern and you're exactly right. It's the only hope they have against us when our entire team has spread out around they're box and if we lose possession they just blast it up to the left flank to OwnGoal7.

aaron101

Yeah they rely on counter-attack. Not so much creativity. They run out of ideas when their opponent are not attacking. They rely a lot in long balls when they ran out of ideas in creating chances.

Most of their goals against us also came from counters.

I wonder what they can do against Chelsea with a double decker bus.

raskolnikov

Yeah they rely on counter-attack. Not so much creativity. They run out of ideas when their opponent are not attacking. They rely a lot in long balls when they ran out of ideas in creating chances.

Most of their goals against us also came from counters.

I wonder what they can do against Chelsea with a double decker bus.

Just shoot from distance and hope someone runs into a corner/freekick.
High pressing,counterattacks, dirty play and trying to score from set pieces works against Barca but against teams that are not attacking they will fall apart and struggle.
Shit happened as well last year only not to such an extend, and they often got the win by a moment of brilliance while this year it only happens every now and then.

loozy

They might do that but I wouldn't write Madrid off right away. Arsenal was 0-4 down against AC Milan last year and came pretty close to beating them 4-0 so I am not predicting that Madrid will be basically kicked out of the CL on the first leg.

They might do that but I wouldn't write Madrid off right away. Arsenal was 0-4 down against AC Milan last year and came pretty close to beating them 4-0 so I am not predicting that Madrid will be basically kicked out of the CL on the first leg.

They probably won't win it in the first leg (after all, the first leg's in the Bernabeu), but I definitely see them going through. Maybe they'll even get a comfortable win at home. Again, the way Real have been playing, it's definitely possible. I'd definitely say Man U are the favorites atm (again, since Real have been shit).

Btw, it seems that Real are clueless when they have the ball. Maybe Fergie can have Man U do that, let Real have the ball. A few La Liga teams did that and it worked (of course, Real playing like shit helped).

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Man Utd's midfield are not strong enough. If the 'Real' Madrid turn up they will slaughter them over two legs.

loozy

Man Utd's midfield are not strong enough. If the 'Real' Madrid turn up they will slaughter them over two legs.

I think that Real will win the home leg as they have not been beaten at home in the CL in two or three years, and have not lost a home match this season either. So it'll be decided at Old Trafford.

misterplatin

I think that Real will win the home leg as they have not been beaten at home in the CL in two or three years, and have not lost a home match this season either. So it'll be decided at Old Trafford.

They lost on 27 April , 2011. After that probably not .

Home of Barca Fans