Penal Madrid

Trickykid

From what I've heard, Real rely on the counter attack, and are clueless in possession. I hear that a lot of the La Liga teams that beat Real let them have the ball, and it worked. Point is, Rayo probably have so much possession because Real are looking to hit them on the counter.

Nah, it's very rare - especially in La Liga, that Real doesn't have the lion's share of possession, and numbers like that just doesn't seem right. They were reduced to 10 rather early though, so I suppose that they're content with sitting deep with a 2-0 scoreline.

Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if Mou or Real fans claimed that Barca bribed that ref to deny Rayo the penalty to make it look like we don't bribe refs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nor would I be surprised if they claimed the same for every other decision Real got in their favor.

Anyways, they got a bad decision in their favor and a bad decision against them. Let's not start crying conspiracy :p

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

we should ma a poll about "what do you prefer" 1. ronaldo not scoring and madrid winning 2. ronaldo scoring and madrid losing.... i think we get some surprising answers there

CatalinR10

To put it in perspective, Ronaldo has to score 5 hat tricks and messi goes dry for 5 games in a row, Just to overtake him, So i wouldn't bother thinking about this if i were you.

True , but I was just taking something positive from the game's result :pep:

barcanuck

we should ma a poll about "what do you prefer" 1. ronaldo not scoring and madrid winning 2. ronaldo scoring and madrid losing.... i think we get some surprising answers there

I vote for #2 always unless the league is out of reach like it is now, then #1 it is!

hellsangel1

I've defended La Liga in the past but it's clear as day now how far the standards have fallen, particularly this year. How can a team that was supposed to be sixth in La Liga (Rayo) actually show such an alarming lack of quality????This, despite the fact that they were playing against 10 men for 70+ minutes, most of whom had actually played a mid-week game. Rayo barely created any goal-scoring chances at all. You expect more from a team that is actually challenging for a Europa League spot, you can talk about psychology all you want but the fact of the matter is that Rayo are just a very mediocre side. Last season, Rayo finished 15th, just a couple of points off relegation and now they are in the top 6 or 7. Unless I'm missing something, I don't remember this club making any big investment in the summer either.

We can go on and on about Tito's record-breaking season but the fact of the matter is that most of it has come against vastly inferior teams in a struggling La Liga. the League was of better quality when Pep took charge.I find it' hard to believe when some one here says that La Liga is on an upwards trend, it's the opposite from where i'm looking.

Home of Barca Fans