Penal Madrid

Morten

Rafa was let down by the players, i mean, when half the team cant be bothered tracking back i will put alot of blame on the players. Spoiled divas, my opinions regarding several of them has changed quite alot.

Vilarrubi

This tweet is just hilarious :lol:

[tw]684042720357281792[/tw]

"Emulates Pep at Guardiola"

Lol. Makes me laugh this when teams try to do what Guardiola did. Although good I still believe our success was 80% down to the players we had. There's a reason Spain won 3 titles in our best years of Barca too and it wasn't Guardiola.

Horatio

You're welcome
Rafa was let down by the players, i mean, when half the team cant be bothered tracking back i will put alot of blame on the players. Spoiled divas, my opinions regarding several of them has changed quite alot.

I agree. Rafa was set to fail even before he started according to most fans. If the supporters and players create that expectation it can become a self fulfilling prophecy.
Having said that, Rafa's style probably didn't fit Real's style of play much. But he should have gotten support from the players regardless.

Devils

Bitch please.

The only thing Zidane can imitate is Pep's hairstyle. Only Pep got that hair winning more trophies than Zidane will ever win in his entire coaching career.

Morten

Bitch please.

The only thing Zidane can imitate is Pep's hairstyle. Only Pep got that hair winning more trophies than Zidane will ever win in his entire coaching career.

Zidane probably won more trophies as a player than Pep did though.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

This is a huge (non)point. To be honest this has become very noticeable especially in the last two games when the players CLEARLY could up them tempo when they wanted, and why they did it sparingly is beyond my knowledge.

However, this is a manager's job, this is the end all be all. Motivating the players, rewarding them, punishing them, resting them, rotating them, giving them a purpose and identity is the manager's job. Players are spoiled, as in Neymar is very spoiled but he performs, no?

Rafa lost the players over mute points, like when Materazzi confessed that Rafa asked him to remove the picture of Mourinho, why would any one who isn't insecure do that? Why is it that Rafa blames everyone at Napoli, Inter and Real but himself? This is the the sort of character traits that wins a dressing room. At the height of Mourinho's clash with Real Madrid players and Chelsea players, he commanded incredible respect from his players, but Rafa never even had it.

Mourinho walked in on Chelsea players when he first started and pointed at each and everyone of them and told them "I will make you, you, you and you, champions". This hit a nerve with the "rent boys" and struck a chord, the players can identify with this. They understand this language, they can connect with this sort of persona. Never mind that he burns them later on but the day he walks in to the day he walks out, the players never lose respect for him. They may under perform or they get tired of him, they respect him.

Capello used to make changes at ANY point in the game, 30 minutes in he would sub a player out. This was a man who ruled the dressing room with his class and with the way he carries himself as a school principle.

Ancelotti is another man who gave his players purpose and self worth. He made the players believe in themselves before he believing in him. This is why he rebounded with AC Milan with a CL win after the ghost of Istanbul.

These manager do not bust the player's balls before making their mark and command the respect. They translate tactical knowledge into simple language for these players to understand what the manager wants to convey.

Del Bosque too, he was a manager that knew how to connect with his players, and even Aragones who made Spain believe.

Roberto Carlos once said about Luxa that the players do not understand what luxa was saying and the whole team crumbled under him, and he was also an unlikable personality too. Fuckin Rafa makes you disbelieve.

Ancelotti's lax approach wad coupled with Zidane's fire that won the CL. That is what I am hoping Zidane can bring to the team, he can make the players relax about themselves and get amped for the match. the talent is there, it is very evident that whenever the players take ownership of the team, they perform but players cannot do this everytime, they need someone to guide them and Rafa burdens his players with insecurities, lots of blame, and I feel like they do not understand what he is trying to say. There is no doubt that he can be a good tactician but his interface with the players is just horrible.

then time and time again he made no substitutions, which is very odd, and the talent is at his disposal. So he even failed with the one thing that usually he gets praised for, and that was the last straw.

I have no respect for Rafa for the way he is completely an unlikable personality who does not take ownership of his teams through thick and thin. When he tried to boost the players, it was far too late. So the players are indeed spoiled and brats, but its a manager's job to keep them both satisfied and happy to work with him. He failed, and Zidane's job is to provide this environment.

We will see, but I have hope.

Morten

This is a huge (non)point. To be honest this has become very noticeable especially in the last two games when the players CLEARLY could up them tempo when they wanted, and why they did it sparingly is beyond my knowledge.

However, this is a manager's job, this is the end all be all. Motivating the players, rewarding them, punishing them, resting them, rotating them, giving them a purpose and identity is the manager's job. Players are spoiled, as in Neymar is very spoiled but he performs, no?

Rafa lost the players over mute points, like when Materazzi confessed that Rafa asked him to remove the picture of Mourinho, why would any one who isn't insecure do that? Why is it that Rafa blames everyone at Napoli, Inter and Real but himself? This is the the sort of character traits that wins a dressing room. At the height of Mourinho's clash with Real Madrid players and Chelsea players, he commanded incredible respect from his players, but Rafa never even had it.

Mourinho walked in on Chelsea players when he first started and pointed at each and everyone of them and told them "I will make you, you, you and you, champions". This hit a nerve with the "rent boys" and struck a chord, the players can identify with this. They understand this language, they can connect with this sort of persona. Never mind that he burns them later on but the day he walks in to the day he walks out, the players never lose respect for him. They may under perform or they get tired of him, they respect him.

Capello used to make changes at ANY point in the game, 30 minutes in he would sub a player out. This was a man who ruled the dressing room with his class and with the way he carries himself as a school principle.

Ancelotti is another man who gave his players purpose and self worth. He made the players believe in themselves before he believing in him. This is why he rebounded with AC Milan with a CL win after the ghost of Istanbul.

These manager do not bust the player's balls before making their mark and command the respect. They translate tactical knowledge into simple language for these players to understand what the manager wants to convey.

Del Bosque too, he was a manager that knew how to connect with his players, and even Aragones who made Spain believe.

Roberto Carlos once said about Luxa that the players do not understand what luxa was saying and the whole team crumbled under him, and he was also an unlikable personality too. Fuckin Rafa makes you disbelieve.

Ancelotti's lax approach wad coupled with Zidane's fire that won the CL. That is what I am hoping Zidane can bring to the team, he can make the players relax about themselves and get amped for the match. the talent is there, it is very evident that whenever the players take ownership of the team, they perform but players cannot do this everytime, they need someone to guide them and Rafa burdens his players with insecurities, lots of blame, and I feel like they do not understand what he is trying to say. There is no doubt that he can be a good tactician but his interface with the players is just horrible.

then time and time again he made no substitutions, which is very odd, and the talent is at his disposal. So he even failed with the one thing that usually he gets praised for, and that was the last straw.

I have no respect for Rafa for the way he is completely an unlikable personality who does not take ownership of his teams through thick and thin. When he tried to boost the players, it was far too late. So the players are indeed spoiled and brats, but its a manager's job to keep them both satisfied and happy to work with him. He failed, and Zidane's job is to provide this environment.

We will see, but I have hope.
Im not saying Rafa is a good enough manager to lead us, he clearly wasnt. But i expect players who earn millions a week to at least do their best.

RMU ReBorn

tbh I think Benzema is one of Real's week links. If they had Suarez instead, they would be so much more dangerous..
week link ,Scored against Atm ,Bilbao , valencia Three of the toughest away fixtures. Not to forget all the feeding's he did in Match's against low tier team's

Beast

The Observer
Finally the storm has passed & he was sent back where he belong...

that was one of the dumbest decision ever made by Perez up there with firing Del Bosque & releasing Hierro & Selling Makelele

Everything was wrong from the start , Rafa inability to deal with stars (check Gerrard words about him ) , his 2004 tactics , his fear of conceding led to the players withdrawing & sitting back after we go 1-0 up until we get the goal (see Celta match , see Valencia match , see Seville match etc )
he lost the players , lost the plot , couldn't make proper adjustment & most importantly the players joined the fans in not believing in him

Now as for Zidane..Never had any manager went in our dugout with such support , i will personally welcome 6 month of defeats if he can turn it right next year because for me since the hiring of that shit head Inspector Clouseau wannabe was a foregone conclusion of trophy-less season
Zizou has huge credit , adored by the fans and most importantly no one is holding him responsible for any outcome this season
Huge respect among the players , was part in our recent seasons success , great eye for talent (Varane ) great man manager (See Benzema transformation during Mourinho season - I posted this before the role Zidane played in making Benzema adapt & be the player he is today with RM )

and most importantly his attitude... i wish him all the success he certainly made us all very excited about his appointment that's what Zizou do... we don't expect him to be Pep or anyone.. if he can be himself it will be a success

for more on Zidane the "Manager " not the player read this article i'm sure many of you are wondering what is he like

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...oned-himself-lead-real-madrid#:fJpWfywqU-sAoA

Hala Madrid

Kikan

Here is my 2 cents on Zidan taking over Real madrid

1-Zidan was a great player , but I do not know what could possibly make him a good manager .His demeanor and attitude will help motivate the players until he lose a couple of games or out smarted technically by another manager then it is his end .

2-Zidan is not a patient person and giving him attitude only make him more confrontational which is a bad quality for a manager.

3-I do not believe will do any better than Rafa and considering it is real madrid i do not believe anyone can make Madrid function better . They lack something called TEAM and their philosophy is ,,,, well frankly i have no clue what kind of football they play .

4-Madrid should win most of their games against the weak teams comfortably and Zidan's biggest test will be Feb 28 against Atletico .If he wins then it is all praises , but if he does not win then all hell will break again .

Overall i think he will do no better than Rafa and he is gone by the end of the season if he wins nothing .

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not a fair comparison. I think Madrid's schedule in this first part of season was harder than what awaits them in coming months.

Home of Barca Fans