Penal Madrid

BBZ8800

@BBZ8800

He's still only 18 years old. He got time to change and isn't a superstar or "The Chosen One" like Neymar was so he'll be scrutinized for his shit moves.

He got some nice basics needed to become a very good winger in the future.

I know that he is 18.
In the 90s, a kid like him aged 18 would play in Brasil or in his country and he would watch big boys on a Tv only.

Then aged, 21-22 and similar, if big teams would think that he is good, he would come to Juve/Milan and he would get loaned for 1 year to Cagliari or something to test him.

Today, these kids aged 18, who are nowhere near top level are coming to Barca/Real, young fans are hyping them and have enormous expectations.
Youtube clips are getting millions of views, regardless if a player is bringing any meaningless end product or not.

Just my view, I have a feeling that teams in the past were more oriented for end product and for actual results on a field.
Today, clubs are buying these young kids probably because of sponsors, Nike/Adidas, FIFA, young teen footy fans who need new heroes each new year, buying a young kid from Brasil to attract more fans from a large country like Brasil to watch your matches and buy shirts.

So, just my view: in the past it was just football, and which player is better RIGHT NOW on a field.
Today it is way more about business, young fans, twitter/facebook/instagram followers, selling shirts, buying players from certain countries to get a larger fanbase (as someone mentioned, I guess that Barca also needs to buy a certain amount of Brasilians due to Nike and some sponsor deals).

So, in the past, Vinicius would have been nowhere near big clubs until he is actually ready to deliver.
Today, it is quite normal to read replies on a forum: but he is young. He will be good in 4 years, it is worth to wait him.

Again, from my point of view, a football has turned upside down since 90s.

xXKonan

Vinicius and Rodrygo are talented players but I wouldn't consider any of them to be anywhere near the Neymar levels of talent bracket.

Doesn't mean they don't have the potential to be WC players in the future. Neymar for his flaws had ridiculous amount of Raw talent and Hype at 16-18 years old you had so many teams that sought after him willing to blow a lot of money on him.

With Vinicius and Rodrygo, I just don't see it that way. I see two young talented lads who potentially could be WC in the future if they work on their flaws and everything development wise goes through well. But you also face the risk of being a Lucas Moura, while talented was one of those "What could have been" players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is scary to think about the amount of cash Real Madrid is piling up and what they will do in the next windows. Or they probably will spend them on their new bernabeu and paying down their debt.

Come on, Perez, spend 400m on Neymar.

Andrew M

It is scary to think about the amount of cash Real Madrid is piling up and what they will do in the next windows. Or they probably will spend them on their new bernabeu and paying down their debt.

PSG would not accept that.

Givenchy

i don't see them spending 300mil+ on Mbappe or Neymar tbh, it seems Perez has more sense these days. been said many times but them not buying Mbappe is such a huge fuck up, in fairness it is for all the top clubs as we have no chance of getting him now

strange how Madrid seem content on giving youth/spanish players a chance whilst Barca now buy the galacticos. i guess its easier for them since after 3x CLs in a row the only way is down, we are desperate to win another before Leo retires.

apparently Modric wants out and Ronaldo wants Juve to sign Marcelo :lol:

Andrew M

i don't see them spending 300mil+ on Mbappe or Neymar tbh, it seems Perez has more sense these days.

strange how Madrid seem content on giving youth/spanish players a chance whilst Barca now buy the galacticos. i guess its easier for them since after 3x CLs in a row the only way is down, we are desperate to win another before Leo retires.

We wouldn't have been able to buy Coutinho or Dembele without the 200 mill liquid injection, though. Galactico signings are almost impossible now

Joan

It's not like Madrid's not buying players...

Rodrygo, Vinicius cca 50, Odriozola 40 and so on.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i don't see them spending 300mil+ on Mbappe or Neymar tbh, it seems Perez has more sense these days. been said many times but them not buying Mbappe is such a huge fuck up, in fairness it is for all the top clubs as we have no chance of getting him now

I just hope they will burn their cash somehow. A financially strong Real Madrid is bad news for everyone else.

serghei

Shouldn't worry us. Market is not exactly stacked with super talents, and the few super talents that could potentially be bought play for oil clubs who don't need Madrid's money at all.

El Gato

Villarato!
Being insistent on doing the opposite of what the market is doing and the opposite of what most fans want.. cojones on this man. Will see what happens. One month to go.

serghei

Being insistent on doing the opposite of what the market is doing and the opposite of what most fans want.. cojones on this man. Will see what happens. One month to go.

I think if Madrid don't have a horrible season, or Barca don't win the treble, the fans and the media will give Madrid and Florentino some slack this year even if they end up trophyless.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Shouldn't worry us. Market is not exactly stacked with super talents, and the few super talents that could potentially be bought play for oil clubs who don't need Madrid's money at all.

Should someone become available in the future (and say both us and them want him), Real Madrid will be in much better position financially to get the player because they have a lot more disposable cash to spend. They can easily outbid us or anyone else for that matter, including the oil clubs.

Vilarrubi

Should someone become available in the future (and say both us and them want him), Real Madrid will be in much better position financially to get the player because they have a lot more disposable cash to spend. They can easily outbid us or anyone else for that matter, including the oil clubs.

Worry about that when it happens.. all “ifs and buts” at this point. Enjoy our season it’s starting soon

serghei

We generate a lot of revenue. We'll be in for signings as well. At this point, spending a fortune on a player, like 100+m. is dangerous. We already could be looking at a generous loss with the Dembele deal. I bet some of the guys in the board regret spending that much on him.

Home of Barca Fans