Pep Guardiola

Maria

You may be right antonn, but I still believe that Pep is an exceptional coach who could be a succes at a different club(wouldn't mind him at Milan also). The only real question here is if he would ever be capable of showing the same passion in another place. And that's where I have mi doubts.

BarcaGirl

25p0ewo.jpg

Happy Birthday to the most amazing coach in this world!

Birdy

So, we have:

Pep Vs Jose:
Played 12 W:6 D:4 L:2
Pep Vs Madrid:
Played 12 W:8 D:3 L:1
Pep Vs Jose's Madrid:
Played 8 W:4 D:3 L:1

Update

Pep Vs Jose: Played 13 W:7 D:4 L:2
Pep Vs Madrid: Played 13 W:9 D:3 L:1
Pep Vs Jose's Madrid: Played 9 W:5 D:3 L:1

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pep Guardiola has now won more matches against Real Madrid than any other side since he became a manager.

Chainsaw

Killahead
The funniest thing is Real signed Mou because he won us once with Inter. :lol:

I don't think that was the reason. There were contacts between him and Real Madrid at the middle of that season already. Maybe Inter's win over Barca pushed the deal even more but since the day Pellegrini was appointed as the coach of Real it was clear as a daylight to me that their patience with him will be pretty much thin, as he wasn't a big name for the Real's bench and he wasn't respectfully treated either (considering he wanted the likes of Robben and Sneijder to stay, but they were both sold for a player like Kaka who Pellegrini didn't ask for).

In that season there were many talks about Mourinho's departure from Inter, already back to the middle of the season. The way that season has ended for Mourinho and Inter made this a perfect moment for his departure, as he was leaving Inter as a hero, going for a bigger and more prestigious opportunity at Real Madrid, and not staying at a club who were going to be aged, saturated and crooked.

E

estranged

Yeah but Rijkaard lost the plot as well as having disruptive influences in the team like Deco and Ronaldinho. Get rid of the rubbish and don't lose the plot and you're going to some trophies with that side. Pep's made good purchases though.

that's all hearsay though. perhaps the most integral part of being a good manager is your ability to manage your players, and being able to tone down your players egos and disruptive influences (in the dressing room and on eh pitch) so you have to give Pep credit for managing his players so well in that respect. look at Ibra, if Pep didn't have the balls to deal with Ibra whose to say he would have stayed on and become poison in the dressing room? or maybe even Messi would have become a disruptive influence under the wrong guidance? sorry to say you're just knitting and picking an argument just to try to take something away from Pep. And also making good purchases should surely count in his favour? I mean, you're basically saying "oh he's won every trophy he could possibly win, he has made some great signings, his team is disciplined and there aren't any disruptive influences in his squad, but I'm not convinced yet". I think many also don't realise just what an astutute tactician this man really is, ask Mou he'll tell you.

It is obvious that he is the best manager in the world, if you can not see that or if you think he only wins because of the squad he inherited then (sorry to say) you're clueless.

Home of Barca Fans